Movies We've Seen Thread

I don't understand rude people at the theater. Like how did anyone not get the memo on movie theater etiquette? The fact that they don't know offends me more than the act itself. Or that they do know and just don't give a sh*t.

my bro in law hasn't been to a movie in years.  he can't take it. 

the guy on the phone actually answered a call and was using his normal voice.  The theater only had 30 people in it, I think it encouraged some of the crappy behavior.  more peer pressure in packed theaters, less douchy crap

I saw Mad Max the other night.  I don't see why you guys like it so much.  There is no movie.  It is just one big car chase.  That is great, but there is almost nothing else going on.  It also isn't much of a Mad Max movie.  He doesn't have much to do with what goes on.  Seemed more like the Charlize Theron Experiment.  There were those flashbacky dream sequences, but they didn't seem to lead anywhere other than to show he was "haunted."  I liked it.  It was good for what it was, but I don't see how you guys think it was the best of the series.  I am on record as preferring Mad Max to Road Warrior and this was way more in the style of Road Warrior - in some ways it seemed almost like a remake. I might have liked it better if you guys weren't all raving about it.

I didn't realize Rictus Erectus or whatever was that crazy Australian wrestler that burnt out of WWE. That guy has a crazy story. I think when the say his name I confused him with Vinny Jones  aka Bullet Tooth Tony.

Avengers and Cabin in the Woods were pretty damn good.  Ultron was kind of a let down.

1-2 pretty good movies doesn't justify the level of cult following he has, that's all I'm saying. I don't disagree, both were decent movies.

I watched two episodes of Entourage this weekend. The only two people even interested in looking like a professional actor were Piven and Kevin Dillon. The rest of them don't belong on film. Grenier is maybe the single worst actor I've seen this side of LeBouf. Only the most extreme bro could enjoy that show.

I watched two episodes of Entourage this weekend. The only two people even interested in looking like a professional actor were Piven and Kevin Dillon. The rest of them don't belong on film. Grenier is maybe the single worst actor I've seen this side of LeBouf. Only the most extreme bro could enjoy that show.

At the risk of defending Entourage, LeBouf is probably exactly what they were looking for.

At the risk of defending Entourage, LeBouf is probably exactly what they were looking for.

Dillion and Piven make the show and Chiqrui is great eye candy. Grenier is a horrible actor it's difficult to buy him as the Robert Redford of his generation. E and Turtle are both bitch slappable bitches.

The guy who plays Walsh the obnoxious indie director is funny

The first three seasons of Entourage were freaking awesome entertainement. Then it began its downhill march.

I thought it was a great show for guys till they wimpified it.

This will be one of those rare movies i will watch the first weekend itself even though i know it might suck big time.

Agree with everything here. My buddies and I are going opening night just to do it, even though we're all fully aware of its colossal sucktitude potential.

Agree with everything here. My buddies and I are going opening night just to do it, even though we're all fully aware of its colossal sucktitude potential.

:phone rings:

"Hey Gary! How goes it?"

"Yoooo, greenwichjetfan! What's good buddy!"

"Not much. Say what are you and the boys up to this weekend?"

"Not sure. A couple are probably with the wives. I'm guessing Zeke is probably hitting the bottle pretty hard as usual."

"Oh cool. You think you guys wanna all go see the midnight showing of Entourage together?"

"The...wait, Entourage?"

"Yeah! I was thinking we could do a group night out. There's this great French place in Soho that has a prix fixe that is to DIE for. I figure we can go hit that place up, then maybe head over to the movie thea..."

:click:

"Gary? Hello?? GARY?!?"

• Upvote 2

:phone rings:

"Hey Gary! How goes it?"

"Yoooo, greenwichjetfan! What's good buddy!"

"Not much. Say what are you and the boys up to this weekend?"

"Not sure. A couple are probably with the wives. I'm guessing Zeke is probably hitting the bottle pretty hard as usual."

"Oh cool. You think you guys wanna all go see the midnight showing of Entourage together?"

"The...wait, Entourage?"

"Yeah! I was thinking we could do a group night out. There's this great French place in Soho that has a prix fixe that is to DIE for. I figure we can go hit that place up, then maybe head over to the movie thea..."

:click:

"Gary? Hello?? GARY?!?"

You joke, but me gary, zeke, and preston gonn' do this right:

http://www.greenwichtime.com/local/article/Entourage-film-screening-set-for-pre-Greenwich-6256606.php

A little Hollywood glamor will come to town when the Greenwich International Film Festival presents a special advance screening of an upcoming feature film.

The creator of the popular HBO series "Entourage," Doug Ellin, plans to attend the preview of the new film based on the series, which he directed. The screening will be held May 26, the curtain-raiser for the festival that runs during the first week in June.

Cast members from the TV show and film could also be on hand at the Greenwich movie house during the preview. A question-and-answer session will follow the showing.

"This one in particular has been getting a lot of buzz," festival co-founder Colleen deVeer said. "It's given us a lot of attention."

The film is a continuation of the series about a young film star and his group of friends as they cut a swath through Hollywood.

The connection with "Entourage" and the film festival came about through a relationship between Greenwich resident Mark Teixeira, a New York Yankee, and Ellin.

Teixeira was a fan of the series, and he did a cameo in it complaining about "raising three kids in Greenwich."

When Teixeira helped the "Entourage" producers film at Yankee Stadium, the ballplayer came to know Ellin, a Long Island native, and got him to serve on the film-festival board, according to deVeer.

"Everyone does each other favors," she said.

The screening itself promises to be a lively event.

"We're figuring out if we should have a red carpet. It looks like we will," said Claire Kelleher Colletti, a festival spokeswoman.

In order to attend the screening, attendees need to purchase a festival pass -- the lowest price is $500 -- which can also be used for a number of other festival events.

The "Entourage" screening will be held at the Bow Tie Cinemas in downtown Greenwich. The festival will run June 4-7.

The official "Entourage" premiere will be held on the West Coast on June 12.

Going back to our high brow stuff? 

I love the comic book nerds looking down on the Entourage Bros and the Entourage Bros being bothered by it.  We all might as well start doing equations.

I enjoy both comic books and entourage. I'm not sure what movies I should be watching anymore, maybe "Bill and ted's excellent Adventure."

• Upvote 1

You joke, but me gary, zeke, and preston gonn' do this right:

http://www.greenwichtime.com/local/article/Entourage-film-screening-set-for-pre-Greenwich-6256606.php

A little Hollywood glamor will come to town when the Greenwich International Film Festival presents a special advance screening of an upcoming feature film.

The creator of the popular HBO series "Entourage," Doug Ellin, plans to attend the preview of the new film based on the series, which he directed. The screening will be held May 26, the curtain-raiser for the festival that runs during the first week in June.

Cast members from the TV show and film could also be on hand at the Greenwich movie house during the preview. A question-and-answer session will follow the showing.

"This one in particular has been getting a lot of buzz," festival co-founder Colleen deVeer said. "It's given us a lot of attention."

The film is a continuation of the series about a young film star and his group of friends as they cut a swath through Hollywood.

The connection with "Entourage" and the film festival came about through a relationship between Greenwich resident Mark Teixeira, a New York Yankee, and Ellin.

Teixeira was a fan of the series, and he did a cameo in it complaining about "raising three kids in Greenwich."

When Teixeira helped the "Entourage" producers film at Yankee Stadium, the ballplayer came to know Ellin, a Long Island native, and got him to serve on the film-festival board, according to deVeer.

"Everyone does each other favors," she said.

The screening itself promises to be a lively event.

"We're figuring out if we should have a red carpet. It looks like we will," said Claire Kelleher Colletti, a festival spokeswoman.

In order to attend the screening, attendees need to purchase a festival pass -- the lowest price is $500 -- which can also be used for a number of other festival events.

The "Entourage" screening will be held at the Bow Tie Cinemas in downtown Greenwich. The festival will run June 4-7.

The official "Entourage" premiere will be held on the West Coast on June 12.

Oh you are very good, you.

• Upvote 1

I would be much less embarrassed to admit to being bothered than to admit to being an Entourage Bro and I am not rabidly against the show or anything.

That is you. I am not embarrassed by anything. But wondering on what basis you would say something like that  ? It's not like we sleep together.

Going back to our high brow stuff?

I love the comic book nerds looking down on the Entourage Bros and the Entourage Bros being bothered by it. We all might as well start doing equations.

I've actually seen every episode and used to be a fan. But if you think I'm dealing with movie talkers and cell phone lookers and the general clueless movie etiquette assholes that plague every movie so I can see if Vince will FINALLY do teh movie, you are insane.