Movies We've Seen Thread

I'm Irish. We don't do the beach.

Ireland is an island, no? 

SO i asked who thinks Entourage might disappoint. I got the answer. The answer is everybody. Thanks guys. Now i will let you guys get back to your high brow stuff.

I thought the show was awful so I cant imagine how bad the movie will be. 

JMO, but an instant classic in ze horror genre. The music is great at the end. The movie itself is a mashup of all Rosemary's Baby, all these contagion movies out recently, Sick Girl...

I will check it out. I love a good, low-budget horror flick. Thanks for the heads up

I will check it out. I love a good, low-budget horror flick. Thanks for the heads up

It's good. But the only horror movie that really matters thus far is It Follows. I'm sure 31 and Crimson Peak will be great, but I'd put It Follows right up with Devil's Rejects and the 28 flicks for best horror flicks of the millennium.

SO i asked who thinks Entourage might disappoint. I got the answer. The answer is everybody. Thanks guys. Now i will let you guys get back to your high brow stuff.

The movie will be moderately amusing like the tv show was. I liked the show but was it Sopranos or The Wire hell no.

It's good. But the only horror movie that really matters thus far is It Follows. I'm sure 31 and Crimson Peak will be great, but I'd put It Follows right up with Devil's Rejects and the 28 flicks for best horror flicks of the millennium.

Is Devils Rejects really even a horror movie? It is the funniest movie ever I watched those stupid grind house Tarantino movies I think he saw Devils Rejects and tried to make his version of that and failed.

There's no way Tarantino is a huge fan of 70's B movies.

I don't think he based Daryl Hannah's character from the lead character in Thriller: A Cruel Picture.

At all.

Tons of Vanishing Point references too in a bunch of his stuff. There's one scene in Death Proof where you can actually see he's wearing Kowalski's watch.

Tons of Vanishing Point references too in a bunch of his stuff. There's one scene in Death Proof where you can actually see he's wearing Kowalski's watch.

Exactly, though I'm pretty sure he came up with Jackie Brown.

Great doc up on Netflix called Dawg Fight. It's about the backyard bare knuckle clubs down in South Florida, where Kimbo Slice got his start. At first it comes off like a WWE promo, but as it gets deeper into things the director does a great job of digging into the consequences for the fighters. And the fight scenes are without question some of the most brutal fights ever put on film.

Jimmy was a bitch.  I'm sorry, but Jimmy was a bitch.  He's a bitch. 

Mad Max is just well done in every way and the acting was excellent. Hardy is a great Max and Charlize Theron is great is Imperator Furiousa. There really is nothing bad I can say about it after the original Road Warrior it's my favorite in the series.

Totally agree.

I wanted to see intense people, massive cool cars, and watch crap blow up.

I got everything I wanted and more. 

Side note I didn't realize.  The "boy" saying "what a day!!"   That's beast from the last 2 X-Men movies.

I personally enjoyed House of 1000 Corpses more than Rejects, but both were fun. The horror genre was the one that suffered the most from the encroachment of CGI, so the amount of trash that gets produced has watered the whole thing down. It's great to see these minimalist deals where story still matters.

• Upvote 1

Realism in movies blows.  Give me Madmax and Judge Dredd till I die.  If I want to feel bad I will search under my belly for my penis.   It's free and limitless. i will never find it.

Well, there's extremely limited realism in American Sniper. It's basically Captain America if Captain America was full of sh*t.

I personally enjoyed House of 1000 Corpses more than Rejects, but both were fun. The horror genre was the one that suffered the most from the encroachment of CGI, so the amount of trash that gets produced has watered the whole thing down. It's great to see these minimalist deals where story still matters.

Corpses is decent. But Rejects has more Sid Haig.

I've been exploring some older Cronenberg flicks lately and tonight I watched The Brood. Some seriously sick sh*t. Oliver Reed had a way of commanding every scene like very few others. Brando level stuff.

One thing I'm noticing about Cronenberg's catalog is that none of his movies seem to age at all. The subject matter, effects, camera work, design...etc. You could release his stuff in 2015 and if it weren't for the the cars and hairstyles people wouldn't know the difference.

I've been exploring some older Cronenberg flicks lately and tonight I watched The Brood. Some seriously sick sh*t. Oliver Reed had a way of commanding every scene like very few others. Brando level stuff.

One thing I'm noticing about Cronenberg's catalog is that none of his movies seem to age at all. The subject matter, effects, camera work, design...etc. You could release his stuff in 2015 and if it weren't for the the cars and hairstyles people wouldn't know the difference.

scanners_2-300x151.jpg

I remember Naked Lunch being all over the map, but I guess that just means it is a faithful interpretation of the book. Only Finnegan's Wake was worse.  It's not the Videodrome, it's just Videodrome?

Has anyone seen the remake of I Spit On Your Grave? 

Definitely some ****ed up sh*t, loved it, very disturbing.

I own the original, its pretty awesome.

Haven't had the chance to check out the remake yet.