Movies We've Seen Thread

Watched NightCrawler on NF, hadn't heard much about this movie and actually thought it was about Richard Ramirez. Very good movie, carried by a Gyllenhaal who was superb

Second time today this movie was recommended to me. I'll have to watch it

Just spent a week in Banff doing some climbing and crevasse training and now I'm watching Touching the Void for the first time in a while. Simpson certainly did the right thing in the moment but I can thoroughly say that both those guys were climbing like morons right from the start.

Always wanted to hike in Banff. Is it surreal?

jurassic world was really cool

easily the scariest of all the jurassics

easily the most violent.  one of the deaths was straight up harsh.  I wouldn't take any kids under the age of 9

suspend your disbelief.  completely.  a lot of absurd stuff happens, but that is the whole idea.  roll with it and enjoy it

lots of spielbergian touches, and a few straight up jurrasic scene rip offs

bryce howard pulls off all the actions stuff.  sure I have a crush on her, but she holds up next to pratt easily

I also watched the documentary Finding Vivian Maier over the weekend. This was a nice surprise. Well told story, and kind of remarkable to consider the complexity of this very real person. In the day and age of people over-sharing the idiocy they get encouraged to pass off as creativity, it was astounding to consider that she had all of this beautiful life captured on film and it almost never saw the light of day.

I don't want to say much more, because the way the documentary is constructed, there are actually some nice twists that I don't want to ruin for anyone.

Transformers 4 may be the worst Michael Bay movie ever and that says a lot. Proof positive that people don't know sh*t. That this is the 12th highest grossing movie ever is such a joke.

Bay has been quoted as saying he makes movies for teenage boys, that's his key demographic. He makes no apologies for it.

If people want to pay him to make these films then so be it. 

The movies are based on toys. 

Watched Blue Ruin on Netflix last night.  Never heard of it or anybody in it.  Well, that's not strictly true.  Eve's Plumb is in it.  Interesting movie.  People get killed, there is some decent tension.  Worse ways to kill an hour and half while you wait for the A/C to cool down the apartment.  Did anybody else see it?  Seemed good enough that most of you should have, but not so great anybody would be touting it here.

Bay has been quoted as saying he makes movies for teenage boys, that's his key demographic. He makes no apologies for it.

I have learned so much in this thread:

Toys = ridiculous and immature.  Comic books = high art

It has nothing to do with the premise. It has to do with the fact that it's god awful and about an hour of too much Wahlberg.

My chick dragged me to Jurassic World last night against my will.  It was exactly what I expected, horrible.  

Some fun Dino battle scenes, a couple of mildly funny comic relief moments, some neat CGI with a terrible redundant plot and pathetic acting.  Feel bad for the actors who got roped into this piece of sh*t because they actually had some decent actors in the movie but they kept them so one dimensional that they could have had a bunch of nobodies and it wouldnt have mattered. 

When is this series going to be over?  When will the world realize that having a Dinosaur Theme Park is a bad idea? 

It has nothing to do with the premise. It has to do with the fact that it's god awful and about an hour of too much Wahlberg.

I dont know who is forcing you to watch his movies though. 

If I had young sons they would probably enjoy the sh*t out of it. 

I dont know who is forcing you to watch his movies though.

If I had young sons they would probably enjoy the sh*t out of it.

I like good-bad movies. His usually fall into that category.

If I had young sons who liked Transformers 4 I would sacrifice them in the hopes that future parents would no longer suffer the pain of their children liking Transformers 4.

My chick dragged me to Jurassic World last night against my will.  It was exactly what I expected, horrible.  

Some fun Dino battle scenes, a couple of mildly funny comic relief moments, some neat CGI with a terrible redundant plot and pathetic acting.  Feel bad for the actors who got roped into this piece of sh*t because they actually had some decent actors in the movie but they kept them so one dimensional that they could have had a bunch of nobodies and it wouldnt have mattered. 

When is this series going to be over?  When will the world realize that having a Dinosaur Theme Park is a bad idea? 

That could be the title of it's very own thread.

I like good-bad movies. His usually fall into that category.

If I had young sons who liked Transformers 4 I would sacrifice them in the hopes that future parents would no longer suffer the pain of their children liking Transformers

One of my proudest moments as a Dad is when my two boys came home to tell me what a waste of film and time the remake of "Total Recall" was.  We watched the original and now they are both trying to meet a three tittied woman.  Can;t help from getting misty from that one. 

Transformers 4 is neither ridiculous nor immature. It's just bad. And if you like it you should feel bad. And if you have children who think it's good and you don't beat them then you should also feel bad.

I didn't say I liked it, I'd never even seen it.

Spoken like someone who doesn't have any kids. 

You'll make sacrifices for them, including going to see a sh*tty movie if need be. 

Transformers 4 is neither ridiculous nor immature. It's just bad. And if you like it you should feel bad. And if you have children who think it's good and you don't beat them then you should also feel bad.

Ah, so toys are high art also.  It is just that Transformers sucks.  I do not have the problem of rating the Transformers movie. I won't see it.  I saw part of one, there was a fight in a city and they were on a building that was collapsing and sliding down.  I've seen that scene more than once, but I am not sure if it is the same movie or they are all like that.