Movies We've Seen Thread

I'm not one of these losers on the Internet obsessed with hating Michael Bay because he's supposed to represent corporate Hollywood action movies - I actually like a lot of his work - but that last transformer movie holy cow that was a waste of 5-hours.

Agreed.

Con Air is a masterpiece of middle fingers to every movie critic everywhere. 

0H2Xg.gif

Agreed.

Con Air is a masterpiece of middle fingers to every movie critic everywhere.

0H2Xg.gif

The comedians from the tv show The League have a podcast where they make fun of crappy 90's action movies called How Did This Get Made - they profiled Con Air and called it the most racist film of all time.

The comedians from the tv show The League have a podcast where they make fun of crappy 90's action movies called How Did This Get Made - they profiled Con Air and called it the most racist film of all time.

I'll have to check this out, I love The League.

On my I don;t care list.  If it's on I will watch any fraction I catch or the whole thing.  I love that movie.  

Exactly. It's just like Jaws, any of the early Rocky movies, Rudy, and Seinfeld episodes. Doesn't matter what part it's at, if you come across it, you watch it.

Exactly. It's just like Jaws, any of the early Rocky movies, Rudy, and Seinfeld episodes. Doesn't matter what part it's at, if you come across it, you watch it.

Never saw Rudy to be honest.  It's my kids stepfathers name so I could never bring myself to watch it.  LOL

Never saw Rudy to be honest.  It's my kids stepfathers name so I could never bring myself to watch it.  LOL

Oh, you've got to get over that. For big-hearted guys like you and I, it's an amazing movie. I "pride cry" every time I see it.

Listening to it now... it's great, thanks!

On my I don;t care list. If it's on I will watch any fraction I catch or the whole thing. I love that movie.

I love the beginning when the guy gets convicted for defending his wife against a gang rape/murder because he's an Army Ranger and his body is a "weapon so he should know better."

Caught Nightcrawler for a 2nd time, been dying to see it again so it was awesome to see it get thrown up on Netflix. I don't see any scenario where this doesn't end up a classic. Gyllenhall is so great and the premise is spectacular. It's understated just enough not to overdo the "HUMANS LIKE AWFUL MEDIA" critique and that car chase at the end is all-time. It gets all the little things right. Even the Russo casting, she's haggardly the exact right amount to where you can believe a guy like Bloom can bag her.

The most racist film of all time is a 1994 film titled Mr Saturday Night starring Billy Crystal. Hitler couldn't have made a more anti-semetic film.

Check out "Independence Day".   Judd Hirsch's performance, played with every Jewish stereotype times a hundred, is outright shocking.  

Is that the movie where Jeff goldblum hacks an alien mothership computer mainframe with a 90's laptop?

LOL!  Yup.  What a complete POS.

Plus, Will Smith and Bill Pullman outsmart a race of advanced beings and figure out how to fly an alien space vehicle like it's a day in the park.  Everyone associated with that flick should be horse whipped.

LOL! Yup. What a complete POS.

Plus, Will Smith and Bill Pullman outsmart a race of advanced beings and figure out how to fly an alien space vehicle like it's a day in the park. Everyone associated with that flick should be horse whipped.

Bill Pullman not only is the President but he's an ace fighter pilot as is Randy Quaids burnout trailer trash character who can't be sober for two seconds or hold a job but is an expert F-16 pilot. They didn't even have F-16's in Vietnam he would have flown F-4 phantom or sabre.

Oh and don't get me started on the dog. The dog survives entire cities getting destroyed this dog was touched by the hand of God.

Bill Pullman not only is the President but he's an ace fighter pilot as is Randy Quaids burnout trailer trash character who can't be sober for two seconds or hold a job but is an expert F-16 pilot. They didn't even have F-16's in Vietnam he would have flown F-4 phantom or sabre.

Oh and don't get me started on the dog. The dog survives entire cities getting destroyed this dog was touched by the hand of God.

lol  You could spend a year outlining all the insane crap in that flick.   The dialog and acting is beyond stupid.

And how much did I want to punch Will Smith in the face every time he tries to look cool/tough with a cigar?  Geez, what a douche.

Capture.png

lol  You could spend a year outlining all the insane crap in that flick.   The dialog and acting is beyond stupid.

And how much did I want to punch Will Smith in the face every time he tries to look cool/tough with a cigar?  Geez, what a douche.

Capture.png

At the time, I felt that Will Smith the "action star" was the worst thing to happen to American popular culture since Will Smith the "musician", AIDS, and the "I sort glass" commercial.

• Upvote 1

lol You could spend a year outlining all the insane crap in that flick. The dialog and acting is beyond stupid.

And how much did I want to punch Will Smith in the face every time he tries to look cool/tough with a cigar? Geez, what a douche.

Capture.png

Question: more ridiculous rapper vs alien/sci fi creature performance? Fresh Prince vs Aliens or LL Kool J vs Mutant Sharks in Deep Blue Sea.

My hat is like a shark fin

LOL!  Yup.  What a complete POS.

Plus, Will Smith and Bill Pullman outsmart a race of advanced beings and figure out how to fly an alien space vehicle like it's a day in the park.  Everyone associated with that flick should be horse whipped.

Randy Quaid, trailer trash F16 pilot, could be the least plausible character ever. To get anywhere near a US military fighter jet you have to be one seriously squared away person. And if you go through that, you are either going to be in the military for life, or a serious airline pilot once you decide to get out. You will not be a trailer park rummy dumb.

Randy Quaid, trailer trash F16 pilot, could be the least plausible character ever. To get anywhere near a US military fighter jet you have to be one seriously squared away person. And if you go through that, you are either going to be in the military for life, or a serious airline pilot once you decide to get out. You will not be a trailer park rummy dumb.

So you're saying he was ate up like a soup sandwich?

ID4 was hella entertaining back when I was 10 years. The Fresh Prince was the ******* man.

Granted, I haven't seen any comic book movies other than Chris Nolan's Batmans, and I've only seen the first Transformers, but to recap the last 3-4 pages: Transformers, various comic book movies, ID4, and Entourage all have seriously gaping plot holes, sub-par acting, and aren't believable? Shockers. What am I missing?

Finally got through Nightcrawler yesterday.  Pretty good.  I found Gyllennhaal seems way too intelligent and put together IMO.  If there is nothing wrong with him other than being a sociopath, I think he would have succeeded at something long before he started with the news footage.  Not sure if the rest constitute *spoilers* for you people, but I had expected him to be more unhinged, but he just seemed to be putting money first.  I also didn't see how suppressing the facts would help Rene Russo. Sure the narrative changes, but you don't ever want to be beaten to the punch on facts.  Entertaining enough though.