Movies We've Seen Thread

I laughed too.  It was terrible but I laughed.  The girl in that movie though...soooo hawt.  Nina Dobrev.  Oh my

a0ac6435f94e436519d954c562ca327a_large.j

Seriously. 

My wife, who normally doesn't get jealous, got jealous. I think I may have over-played my hand on "when do we get to see her naked" comments. Usually I know where the line is... this chick broke my discipline.

• Upvote 2

Who is the 8th man at the end of Full Metal Jacket?

rewatch the sniper scene at the end. An infantry squad typically has 9 people(like at the beginning of the scene). 8-ball and another guy are killed. Animal mother goes to rescue them and advances across the open danger area.

We are left with Joker, Rafterman and 4 other guys in the rear who then advance using a smoke grenade.

so who the **** is the 8th marine who showed up out of nowhere the next scene when they are taking cover against the sniper?

Edited by drdetroit

Captain America: Civil War trailer is out. Do have to add that Captain America reminds me so much of myself. Only difference is that, if I was anything more than a local superhero, I would also have the power to fly and invulnerability to disease, famine, magic, weaponry, psychic powers, galactic powers, and so on. 

Captain America: Civil War trailer is out. Do have to add that Captain America reminds me so much of myself. Only difference is that, if I was anything more than a local superhero, I would also have the power to fly and invulnerability to disease, famine, magic, weaponry, psychic powers, galactic powers, and so on. 

Civil War trailer looks so F'ing amazing...

meh

superheroes fighting each other is dumb

whats next, godzilla fights king kong ?

and there's two of these phukin movies next summer.  The Civil War storyline was so much more ambitious in the comics this movie is all about Captain America protecting Bucky. Lame.

almost as lame as the dark Phoenix saga being reduced to Jean Grey discovering she's a level 5 Pokemon after drowning In a reservoir

Edited by drdetroit

I heard King Kong vs. Godzilla is a 2020 thing.

yeah I have very little hopes it will be good.  they have already established godzilla is 250 feet tall and kong is 25 feet tall with the new movies.  in the original they shrunk godzilla way down and make kong about twice normal size. 

what makes the original so special to me is I was 7 when I first saw it and its so damned cheesy that is is amazing. 

the slick effects will ruin it I bet

Love the Coopers 2/10 Really depressing movie despite all star cast

Peanuts Movie 10/10 Late Charles M Schultz would approve.

true story I had to take my 10 year old and her two friends to the movies last week. They picked Love the Coopers without watching any preview. At around the 30 min mark I begged them if we could leave I'd bring them anywhere they wanted but I couldn't take another second of the movie. So we went and got ice cream thank god. 1/10. Hollywood should just kill itself for creating this movie. 

Granted totally not kid appropriate, none of us knew what it was even about before walking in. Still just total garbage.

Saw Room last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C6fZ-fwDws

Good performances from the two leads, dunno if this is her year, but Brie Larson is gonna win an Oscar at some point. This is a movie I'm suppose to love. An emotional, heartwarming drama are my kryptonite. But, overall this movie doesn't live up to its promise or premise. Few of the plot points where unbelievable, as in no chance that could happen/work. It was an emotional ride, but I just don't think they landed it or tied everything together. 2nd half of the movie was particularly poor. Based on all the reviews, my response is in the minority.