Anyone Wear Bifocals? (Progressives)

Jetman_67

I got these new glasses on Friday and cant seem to get used to them. They were making me dizzy the first 2 days, and still not much better. I am starting to think that old fashioned bifocals may be better. I love the new frames, but the lenses are awful. If anyone here wears them, how the hell did you get used to this crap?

You probably got grease from a turkey leg on them, compounded by the shade provided by your captain's hat while staring through the windshield of a PT Cruiser. Not to mention the chemicals from frosting your tips.

Makes me dizzy just thinking about it.

I've had progressives for about six months now. I'm primarily near-sighted, but could use a little help reading and have a mild reading prescription. It took me a couple weeks to get used to pointing my head at what I wanted to look at, as opposed to just moving my eyes. But I'm very used to them now. I'll stick with them.

I got progressives 6 years ago, and I don't remember having any major problems adjusting to the lenses. But I did have to have LensCrafters redo one lens because they didn't center the prescription correctly. So when I first put them on, my vision was off.

Be sure the glasses are at the right position on your nose for your prescription, and that you put them in the same position each time you wear them. Slightly off could be causing vision and headache problems.

I need a new pair of glasses. Getting older (ugh!), my "bad" far vision is actually getting better but I need more help reading. Will be getting another pair of progressives. Prefer that to bifocals.

Well a few days later and it seems to be getting better. I guess it just took getting used to. I do love the Wayfarer frames!! My last ones were from the John Lennon collection, but it was time to change up from the round.

Good luck!

I am getting to that point where i may have to use bifocals as well. Oh what I would give to be 15 years younger.

I've had progressives for about six months now. I'm primarily near-sighted, but could use a little help reading and have a mild reading prescription. It took me a couple weeks to get used to pointing my head at what I wanted to look at, as opposed to just moving my eyes. But I'm very used to them now. I'll stick with them.

Same here.

That was the biggest adjustment fo rme as well. Things would be out of focus and I am like WTF?

I recently got reading glasses. The flea market,drug store circuit didnt do the trick I always bought the wrong ones. Anyway they are great for reading, look away and you get dizzy light headed and feel like you want to vomit from all the blur.

I'm having trouoble adjusting to the bifocals I bought a year ago. It's better now, but I can't say I'm fully comfortable.

I haven't used these superfocus glasses, but reading about them they look like they might be a good idea if you just can't adjust to the bifocals or progressives:

http://www.superfocus.com/the-superfocus-technology

Archived