Sign in to follow this  
Maxman

When will Jeter get 3,000?

Jeter right now is probably the worst every day hitter in baseball.

Nunez should be starting.

You are wrong. There would have been a HUGE revolt if they let Jeter walk. Also, the mediocre attendance that you described this year is higher than the Yankees averaged in 2002. That was after 3 consecutive world series. Sure you have to win but the stars are what they market...

Maybe if they let him walk completely, however I think the perception overall is wrong how badly everyone wanted him back.

Winning games is what the fans ultimately want...and Jeter isn't helping the team do that.

I am not talking about the dollars in the contract, I am talking about letting him walk completely. He is overpaid, he was overpaid on his last contract. That is 100% a business decision because the Derek Jeter brand makes the Yankees much more money than they are paying him.

If the Yankees paid him a few million less, it doesn't lower the ticket prices any, so I just don't worry about that.

As a fan I really couldn't care less about Derek Jeter's brand. I care about the Yankees winning baseball games. But I guess that's what sports is about these days- catering to the casual, don't know much about anything other than Jeter and Arod type of fans.

Rodriguez should enter the HOF (if he can overcome the steroid taint-questionable) as a Mariner.

If that's the case, then Piazza enters as a Dodger.

Alex doesnt have a say on the matter either. It's pretty obvious he'll be entered as a Yankee(seeing they'll have the steroid thing worked out by then)

You said his 2 BEST years were with the Yankees-Not necessarily so. He had some great years with Texas (and Marin ers).

And yes, Mariners is what his hat should say if he gets honored.

Dave Winfield spent more time with the Yankees than the Padres, but went in as a Padre.

Winfield was also allowed to choose.

The Wade Boggs rule has been put into place anyways.

Forgot about Boggs. That was a sham. Winfield chose correctly.

Its debatable- but Winfield was also trying to tick off Steinbrenner in the process. Winfield also played for like 10 teams before he was done.

By the time Arod is finished- 3/4 of his career will have been with the Yanks. 2 MVP's, 1 WS as of now, potential 3000 hits and the home run record. He'll be entered as a Yankee.

No different than Manny going in as a Boston Red Sox. I'd even say there's more of a debate of him going in as an Indian than Arod as a Mariner.

Edited by Matt39

No guarantee he gets inducted.

Ok- you brought Arod into this. I never said it's a guarantee- I was going off the assumption that you made that he'd get in. I just think its fairly clear that Arod will get inducted as a NYY.

And if Alex goes in Manny has to as well.

I think the vast majority of teams in the majors would love to have a SS who hits .270 and fields his position solidly and is a great leader in the clubhouse.

Jeter isnt hitting at all though and his defense is average at best.

Most major league SS's dont make the errors Nunez has been making anyway.

Scott you can always just admit you were wrong initially on Arod...no one will hold it against you. It was pretty transparent that your dislike of the Yankees was behind your Arod should go in as a Mariner argument(which you really didn't have one either).

Matt, you can kindly allow me to have my own opinion. I promise, it won't hurt you in any way.

If you have zero way of backing up your opinion why dont you just keep it to yourself?

And exactly what way do you have of backing up that he will "go in as a Yankee"? Or, even go in at all.

His best years have been as a Yankee. He's been a Yankee longer than any other team. He won his one WS with the Yankees. Two MVP's as a Yankee. The Mariners wont even get consideration from the MLB assuming the steroids players enter the hall.

Edited by Matt39

His OPS were actually best as a Ranger. -Of course he is not going in with them.

Probably the real debate is whether he breaks the HR record.

His two MVP years as a Yankee he had a higher OPS than any of the 3 years in Texas.

Manny on the other hand had his highest OPS years in Cleveland. But I dont think you'll hear any arguments that he shouldnt go in as a Red Sox.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/r/rodrial01.shtml

He's played 315 more games as a Yankee than as a Mariner, has almost 100 more homers in a Yankee uniform, two MVP awards as a Yankee, 0 as a Mariner, 7 all star appearances with the Yankees, 4 with the Mariners. Oh, and a World Series MVP award as a Yankee.

Its not close. He's a Yankee.

Matsui won the World Series MVP, other than that...its pretty damn obvious.

No.

Best shortstop ever

Edited by Matt39

Gene Michael and Bob Watson. Those are the real Yankee heroes of the late-90s to early 2000's.

We'll trade you Stick Michael for Jose Reyes

Derek Jeter is a great player and he should be congratulated for his accomplishments. He has been the driving force of the Yankees resurrection.

Statements like these really make me wish the strike never happened.

Q: Remember when the Yankees used to win with Nuñez at short? Good times.

At least our shortstop is 37 and getting muscle pulls.

The kid got railroaded, I think. Yankee brass rushed him into a suite, talked to him about luxury boxes and meeting Derek and--all of a sudden--the ball fell out of his hands. He's got to be dying today.

He's either getting paid by Jeter or the Yanks under the table or he's one of the dumbest people on earth.

I can just see that scum of the earth Randy Levine pulling something ridiculous with this kid and not feeling an ounce bad about it. I dont know what he was thinking though.

Edited by Matt39

Apparently the kid thought Jeter was Latino.

What a fail.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company