Sign in to follow this  
Maxman

When will Jeter get 3,000?

You're really gonna try to defend his performance last year and this year? He's been nothing short of awful. He hits grounds balls 65% of the time for the last 2 years. Line drives 11%. Do you realize how awful that is? It's the worst in baseball by like 10%. Should I get out the list of horrible players who are putting up better numbers than he is? What he did in 2007 means nothing now and they are hurting the team trotting him out there to break a meaningless record and placate his ego.

I think the vast majority of teams in the majors would love to have a SS who hits .270 and fields his position solidly and is a great leader in the clubhouse.

You said his 2 BEST years were with the Yankees-Not necessarily so. He had some great years with Texas (and Marin ers).

And yes, Mariners is what his hat should say if he gets honored.

Dave Winfield spent more time with the Yankees than the Padres, but went in as a Padre.

Dave Winfield was one of the last players who had a choice and he chose the Padres for purely financial reasons - it was better for Dave Winfield to enter the Hall of Famer as the first Padre enshrined rather than just another Yankee in the Hall of Fame.

For some reason the Hall took that decision away from the player which I think is stupid.

I don't think that a player should automatically go into the Hall with the team he breaks into the majors with. A-Rod will be better remembered as a Yankee when all is said and done - he's played the most years, hit the bulk of his home runs and won his championships (yes he will win more) as a Yankee. Mike Piazza will always be better remembered as a Dodger. Dave Winfield is really more remembered as a Yankee but he broke in with the Padres and won his WS with the Blue Jays - his was a strange case.

Jeter isnt hitting at all though and his defense is average at best.

Most major league SS's dont make the errors Nunez has been making anyway.

You said it right there. Nunez is terrible defensively. When you consider the Yankees options, they got the right guy starting. While as a Yankee fan I'd love nothing more than Derek to voluntarily move down in the batting order, as a Yankee fan I can't begrudge him finishing his career as a Yankee.

One person's opinion.

So you think Babe Ruth's plaque in the Hall should have a Red Sox hat on it? :blink:

Matt, you can kindly allow me to have my own opinion. I promise, it won't hurt you in any way.

What possible case could you have for A-Rod going into the Hall as a Mariner?

All I can speak to is where he is at today.

He has played 8 years as a Yank. 7 as a Mariner.

If he has a debilitating injury (who can predict the future?), he deserves as much chance today as going in as a Mariner as a Yankee-It is where his career started, it is where he actually had popularity as a player, rather than the oddity that he is today.

maybe he was even steroid free in those years?

The image of Rodriguez is certainly more pure as a Mariner than a Yankee, in most fans' eyes. Purely a judgment call of mine there.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/r/rodrial01.shtml

He's played 315 more games as a Yankee than as a Mariner, has almost 100 more homers in a Yankee uniform, two MVP awards as a Yankee, 0 as a Mariner, 7 all star appearances with the Yankees, 4 with the Mariners. Oh, and a World Series MVP award as a Yankee.

Its not close. He's a Yankee.

Matsui won the World Series MVP, other than that...its pretty damn obvious.

Sorry, meant ALCS. I knew baseball reference was wrong!

MLB supposedly decides by "what team was most "influential on his career"-Whatever that is to mean.

Most likely, if AROD finishes his contract as a Yankee, that is the way they point. Again, if he even gets inducted. The line has been drawn pretty hard.

The line has been drawn by a bunch of hypocritical assheads who turned a blind eye to steroids during the height of the era just like the owners did because they enjoyed writing about records falling. :rolleyes:

Those are the people that are making the rules though, so that is the way the game is played.

Point being that obnoxiously arrogant hacks who consider themselves to be the guardians of the game maybe need to take a good look at their own behavior before they disqualify anyone from the Hall. It was a crime reporter who broke the Balco story, not a sports writer. Why weren't they guarding the game while they watched Mark McGwire openly ingest andro and other "supplements" in the clubhouse?

The litmus test comes next year as both the dopes-Clemens and Bonds go up.

Whats funny is that if your remove steroids from the equation, they would both be locks to be first ballot guys - neither unanimous obviously, hell Willie Mays only got 96% of the vote (why the hell wouldn't you vote for Willie Mays?)

But they both had such bad relationships with the media it makes it clear they won't get in. Palmiero was much more well liked by the press and they shunned him even though he is one of only two 500 homer, 3000 hit guys in major league history.

We're talking about Derek Jeter...one of the best ever

At a time he should be celebrated, you continue with little pot shots, when in truth you were hoping and praying David Wright was your Jeter. Nope, guess we have to keep waiting for the next great Met, while Yankee fans have another all timer we can all be proud of

Was there a first?

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company