When will Jeter get 3,000?

Maxman

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoever caught that ball just won the lottery. Bastard.

There was talk about that ball being worth 250k.

I would sell it to Jeter for 237k and he would have to be Facebook friends with me.

My son and I just got back from Yankee Stadium. WOW The HR 3000 landed 15ft from us. WOW What a day spent with my son and history made. :D

Did you have tickets in advance or go because of the chance at 3,000? I went Thursday....wish I was there today!

Did you have tickets in advance or go because of the chance at 3,000? I went Thursday....wish I was there today!

My son acquired the tickets Friday afternoon through his work, hes been wanting to go all season. After the rainout Friday night I knew we had a winner! We are both Yankees fans and hes a Derek Jeter fan always has been.

Max It was wild today! The house that Jeter built.

My son acquired the tickets Friday afternoon through his work, hes been wanting to go all season. After the rainout Friday night I knew we had a winner! We are both Yankees fans and hes a Derek Jeter fan always has been.

Max It was wild today! The house that Jeter built.

Jeter is up to .270, hopefully this was a sign of good things to come from him in the 2nd half. He looked good today, now that 3,000 is behind him, he can relax a bit.

Jeter is up to .270, hopefully this was a sign of good things to come from him in the 2nd half. He looked good today, now that 3,000 is behind him, he can relax a bit.

Agreed and if the Yankees win the World Series I say he may retire.

The kid who gave the ball back for free should be put on suicide watch. In the paper today, next to the kud's interview, is a sidebar talking about everything--the bases, lineup card, on-deck circle mat, dirt--that Steiner Sports is planning on selling. Some of it is signed by Jeter, who is apparently debating whether or not to sell his jock as well. That kid is a ******* rube.

The kid acted in the moment. He did what he thought was the right thing to do. I agree though the value far exceeds what he recieved.

True although the Yankees security and brass whisked him to a office in no time asking what he wanted for the ball.

I expect or would hope that some combo of Jeter, the Yanks or Jeters advertising contracts will do something money or job wise for the kid. I heard him on WFAN this morning saying he has 200k in student loans.

True although the Yankees security and brass whisked him to a office in no time asking what he wanted for the ball.

I expect or would hope that some combo of Jeter, the Yanks or Jeters advertising contracts will do something money or job wise for the kid. I heard him on WFAN this morning saying he has 200k in student loans.

The kid got railroaded, I think. Yankee brass rushed him into a suite, talked to him about luxury boxes and meeting Derek and--all of a sudden--the ball fell out of his hands. He's got to be dying today.

Agree but his father was with him to guide him and I have to tell you my son and I talked about the possibility of catching of the ball before the game. Ironically we were 15ft from the kid in the LF seats. There would have been some money involved if I caught it or the ball would have went home with me.

The Yankees can afford it, Derek Jeter can afford it and so can the Hall of Fame. Jeter needs to write the kid a check for $250k and end it.

We're talking about Derek Jeter...one of the best ever

At a time he should be celebrated, you continue with little pot shots, when in truth you were hoping and praying David Wright was your Jeter. Nope, guess we have to keep waiting for the next great Met, while Yankee fans have another all timer we can all be proud of

Was there a first?

The kid got railroaded, I think. Yankee brass rushed him into a suite, talked to him about luxury boxes and meeting Derek and--all of a sudden--the ball fell out of his hands. He's got to be dying today.

He's either getting paid by Jeter or the Yanks under the table or he's one of the dumbest people on earth.

I can just see that scum of the earth Randy Levine pulling something ridiculous with this kid and not feeling an ounce bad about it. I dont know what he was thinking though.

Archived