Lackey is Japanese for Dice-K

PFSIKH

Lackey stinks in every way imaginable. However, his wife is battling breast cancer and from whatever reports that do get leaked, her treatments are going well and the prognosis is good. Still, he may be the type that can't seperate the personal life from the professional life. The Boston media (thugs) sure aren't making it any easier for the guy. It's a gang murder by pen. He's being executed verbally on the radio and tv. Some more ferociously than others - those that are in Lucchino's pocket, no doubt. Just put him on the DL and let it sort itself out. They CAN afford to. They have the money to throw away, apparantly.

Lackey stinks in every way imaginable. However, his wife is battling breast cancer and from whatever reports that do get leaked, her treatments are going well and the prognosis is good. Still, he may be the type that can't seperate the personal life from the professional life. The Boston media (thugs) sure aren't making it any easier for the guy. It's a gang murder by pen. He's being executed verbally on the radio and tv. Some more ferociously than others - those that are in Lucchino's pocket, no doubt. Just put him on the DL and let it sort itself out. They CAN afford to. They have the money to throw away, apparantly.

Why is everything a conspiracy theory to you? Why can't it just be that Lackey sucks?

Why is everything a conspiracy theory to you? Why can't it just be that Lackey sucks?

He does suck, but perhaps his suckage is exacerbated by his thoughts of his ill wife getting cancer treatments in CA. And yes, the media here pretty much stinks and too many of them are in the Red Sox' back pocket. Anyone with half a brain, who lives in the Boston area, knows this.

Why are you a souless man with no heart, Zippy? I mean, say you were married, kids, the whole deal....and you are a professional athlete...and your wife is diagnosed with cancer....and she lives, and is getting chemo, radiation, whatever, thousands of miles away from where you play your home games....c'mon....

He does suck, but perhaps his suckage is exacerbated by his thoughts of his ill wife getting cancer treatments in CA. And yes, the media here pretty much stinks and too many of them are in the Red Sox' back pocket. Anyone with half a brain, who lives in the Boston area, knows this.

Why are you a souless man with no heart, Zippy? I mean, say you were married, kids, the whole deal....and you are a professional athlete...and your wife is diagnosed with cancer....and she lives, and is getting chemo, radiation, whatever, thousands of miles away from where you play your home games....c'mon....

Lackey is a rat-faced loser.

He was never not a thug.

Let me guess. Because he's hit batters before, some of them intentionally. It is part of his game to pitch inside. Not many pitchers can be effective without pitching inside. It's a part of the game. And in the time before steroids and the long ball, it was a bigger part of the game than it is now. Get over it.

That really isnt blind hatred....all of baseball considers Beckett a head hunter. This isnt anything new.

Tim Wakefield has hit over 170 batters in his career. Guess he is a thug. CC Sabathia has hit 71 in his career. He is an uber thug compared to Becketts 63.

Goose and gander friends.

Tim Wakefield has hit over 170 batters in his career. Guess he is a thug. CC Sabathia has hit 71 in his career. He is an uber thug compared to Becketts 63.

Goose and gander friends.

Terrible posting.

You are going to compare Wakefield, a knuckleballer, to a right handed fastball pitcher?

Its not a big deal to admit Beckett enjoys going after guys up and in. I think he's an a$$hole, but so does everyone else.

Let me know when CC gets a 6 game suspension for headhunting.

Terrible posting.

You are going to compare Wakefield, a knuckleballer, to a right handed fastball pitcher?

Its not a big deal to admit Beckett enjoys going after guys up and in. I think he's an a$$hole, but so does everyone else.

Let me know when CC gets a 6 game suspension for headhunting.

How is it a terrible posting. I'm posting facts and stats you can look up yourself.

Beckett pitches inside and like most major league pitchers needs to do so to be effective.

And a 6 game suspension (reduced to 5) for aggressive actions from Yankee Bob Watson is laughable. Joe West had this to say about that: "Did he throw it up and in? Yes. Do we believe he threw it at Abreu? No."

Please name the players that Josh Beckett has hit in the head. Thanks.

How is it a terrible posting. I'm posting facts and stats you can look up yourself.

Beckett pitches inside and like most major league pitchers needs to do so to be effective.

And a 6 game suspension (reduced to 5) for aggressive actions from Yankee Bob Watson is laughable. Joe West had this to say about that: "Did he throw it up and in? Yes. Do we believe he threw it at Abreu? No."

Please name the players that Josh Beckett has hit in the head. Thanks.

Wasnt it just last season when the Yankees bombed Beckett and then he just completely unraveled and started throwing at everyone like a little girl?

He hit Cano and Jeter if memory serves and almost hit about 3 other guys.

Beckett hits people on purpose- its part of his game and its drawn the ire of pretty much every AL club. It really isn't a difficult concept.

Wasnt it just last season when the Yankees bombed Beckett and then he just completely unraveled and started throwing at everyone like a little girl?

He hit Cano and Jeter if memory serves and almost hit about 3 other guys.

Beckett hits people on purpose- its part of his game and its drawn the ire of pretty much every AL club. It really isn't a difficult concept.

It's part of the game itself. It's not really that difficult to understand. All pitchers employ it now and again.

Again, please tell me who he has actually hit in the head.

It's part of the game itself. It's not really that difficult to understand. All pitchers employ it now and again.

Again, please tell me who he has actually hit in the head.

You realize headhunting doesnt actually mean connecting with the head?

Carl feels that any time anyone says anything negative about his beloved sawx or any player on the team, even if it's widely known to be a fact, it's a personal insult to him. It's really a very strange form of psychosis and projection. You can ask any fan of every other AL team and they will tell you that Beckett is a thug and is widely hated around baseball. Comparing a guy like CC who everyone loves and has never had any kind of disciplinary history to Beckett is borderline insane.

Carl feels that any time anyone says anything negative about his beloved sawx or any player on the team, even if it's widely known to be a fact, it's a personal insult to him. It's really a very strange form of psychosis and projection. You can ask any fan of every other AL team and they will tell you that Beckett is a thug and is widely hated around baseball. Comparing a guy like CC who everyone loves and has never had any kind of disciplinary history to Beckett is borderline insane.

I would rather have players that perform on my team, rather than players that are "loved around baseball" :)

That Jason Bay-What a mild mannered nice guy he is. He may hit like crap, but how refreshing that the Mets are well mannered.

I would rather have players that perform on my team, rather than players that are "loved around baseball" :)

That Jason Bay-What a mild mannered nice guy he is. He may hit like crap, but how refreshing that the Mets are well mannered.

You're acting as if I wouldnt take Beckett on my team. You think Yankees fans didn't know Clemens was an a$$hole?

Thats a perfectly fine statement. If he was on the yankees i'd root for him too. I would just have to intellectual honesty to admit that he's a thug.

Thats a perfectly fine statement. If he was on the yankees i'd root for him too. I would just have to intellectual honesty to admit that he's a thug.

Are these players babysitting your kids, or trying to win your team games?

I tell my sons to not look up to any athlete for how they perform on the field. look what they do off the field, if you want to emulate an athlete.

BTW Mike, I sense us coming together idealogically. Soon will come that drink together. Then cuddling. Can't wait to tell Max.

Are these players babysitting your kids, or trying to win your team games?

I tell my sons to not look up to any athlete for how they perform on the field. look what they do off the field, if you want to emulate an athlete.

BTW Mike, I sense us coming together idealogically. Soon will come that drink together. Then cuddling. Can't wait to tell Max.

This is pretty much low hanging fruit. Carl's psychosis is more interesting to me. He can't be realistic about any boston player.

This is pretty much low hanging fruit. Carl's psychosis is more interesting to me. He can't be realistic about any boston player.

And you can't be realistic about a certain Yankee player.

Call it even?

Archived