Sign in to follow this  
CrazyCarl40

Wakefield Closes in on win 200

Only 2 more to go! Class guy, complete professional, and a pleasure to have watched (most of the time) all these years.

I wonder if they'll make a movie about his pursuit. :)

Only 2 more to go! Class guy, complete professional, and a pleasure to have watched (most of the time) all these years.

I wonder if they'll make a movie about his pursuit. :)

No one gives a sh*t about Tim Wafefield breh.

The three responses are exactly what I expected from classless Yankees "fans".

The truth you mean?

You are by far the most delusional fan in the baseball forum and this post was clearly a shot at an American legend and a once in a lifetime human being. And you call us classless?

I just think you have a problem with interracial marriage.

Edited by Matt39

The truth you mean?

You are by far the most delusional fan in the baseball forum and this post was clearly a shot at an American legend and a once in a lifetime human being. And you call us classless?

I just think you have a problem with interracial marriage.

What shot did I take at anyone? Wakefield closing in on 200 wins is very respectful and deserves recognition. I know Jeter is getting a lot of the publicity, and most of it he deserves, but there are other players doing other noteworthy things as well.

What shot did I take at anyone? Wakefield closing in on 200 wins is very respectful and deserves recognition. I know Jeter is getting a lot of the publicity, and most of it he deserves, but there are other players doing other noteworthy things as well.

200 wins isn't noteworthy. Especially with an era in the mid 4's.

Edited by Matt39

Go back and read your whole first post.

Wakfefield seems like a good dude....

once in a lifetime human being.

C'mon.... there are plenty of guys who aren't handsome that have almost no personality to speak of that score 10's because they're either rich or professional athletes (or both).

200 wins isn't noteworthy. Especially with an era in the mid 4's.

If it isn't noteworthy to you, then why did you comment on it? Seems like you should just not say anything if you don't have anything substantial to add.

C'mon.... there are plenty of guys who aren't handsome that have almost no personality to speak of that score 10's because they're either rich or professional athletes (or both).

Then whats Reyes' excuse for scoring a 5?

If it isn't noteworthy to you, then why did you comment on it? Seems like you should just not say anything if you don't have anything substantial to add.

Because you were taking a shot at the GAWD Derek Sandahson Jetah.

Then whats Reyes' excuse for scoring a 5?

Lack of communication skills and he's too prone to leg injuries to dance.

Well, that and the fact that he only has eyes for D. Wright.

Because you were taking a shot at the GAWD Derek Sandahson Jetah.

I never took a shot at Jeter. I took a shot at the fact they are making a production about it. Which is ridiculous. If Jeter spent his career in Milwaukee or Minnesota or somewhere other than New York, it wouldn't be this big of a deal.

I never took a shot at Jeter. I took a shot at the fact they are making a production about it. Which is ridiculous. If Jeter spent his career in Milwaukee or Minnesota or somewhere other than New York, it wouldn't be this big of a deal.

To the victor go the spoils my friend. Maybe the Red Sox one day will know the feeling.

Edited by Matt39

To the victor go the spoils my friend. Maybe the Red Sox one day will know the feeling.

Spoiled is a good word for the situation.

Spoken like the truly delusional Red Sox fan you are. :rolleyes:

Spoken like the truly delusional Red Sox fan you are. :rolleyes:

Who on the 3000 hits list did they previously make a documentary about? It's a great accomplishment no doubt, but the media coverage has been a bit over the top because he is a Yankee.

Who on the 3000 hits list did they previously make a documentary about? It's a great accomplishment no doubt, but the media coverage has been a bit over the top because he is a Yankee.

Well, obviously.

Jeter is one of the most marketed athletes ever. What did you expect?

Edited by Matt39

It's the Yankees. It's Jeter. It's a pretty awesome accomplishment. Of course they will promote it and make money off of it. Why wouldn't they? Trust me, if some Red Sox player, that was in good stead with Larry Lucchino, was approaching this sort of milestone - they would produce a movie, a documentary, t-shirts, mugs, hats, sell pieces of dirt from home plate, etc.

Welcome to 2011. This has nothing to do with Jeter being a Yankee (How cool is it that "Jet" is the root of his name?) this is the current nature of the media.

Did ESPN produce a documentary about the QBs drafted ahead of Joe Montana like they did with Tom Brady?

Bottom line is Wakefield sucks....he shouldn't be mentioned in the same stratosphere as Derek Jeter

Welcome to 2011. This has nothing to do with Jeter being a Yankee (How cool is it that "Jet" is the root of his name?) this is the current nature of the media.

Did ESPN produce a documentary about the QBs drafted ahead of Joe Montana like they did with Tom Brady?

I love Hard Knocks and the 24/7 stuff that HBO does. It's great theater. This comes off as fabricated and lame.

Bottom line is Wakefield sucks....he shouldn't be mentioned in the same stratosphere as Derek Jeter

Wakefield has been a serviceable starter, reliever and closer for a long time now. He was even an All-Star :)

I like how Carl starts a thread like this that he knows it going to get made fun of then he whines when the inevitable happens.

Edited by madmikeisback

I like how Carl starts a thread like this that he knows it going to get made fun of then he whines when the inevitable happens.

I like how the Red Sox are in first place.

Go ahead and celebrate on July 8th, typical delusional Red Sox fan. :rolleyes:

Kleck- you didn't celebrate your July 6th championship?

Go ahead and celebrate on July 8th, typical delusional Red Sox fan. :rolleyes:

So turnabout isn't fair play now? Do Yankees fans just make up rules as they go along?

It's a long season and the race is far from over. Who wouldn't want their team in first place going into the All-Star break? Typical Yankee fan retort.

So turnabout isn't fair play now? Do Yankees fans just make up rules as they go along?

It's a long season and the race is far from over. Who wouldn't want their team in first place going into the All-Star break? Typical Yankee fan retort.

That makes zero sense. Its a long season, but we're in first place at the All Star Break so I'm going to brag about it.

That makes zero sense. Its a long season, but we're in first place at the All Star Break so I'm going to brag about it.

Please show me where I was bragging. Thanks.

I said "I like how the Red Sox are in first place." Doesn't sound like bragging to me.