Wakefield Closes in on win 200

CrazyCarl40

Please show me where I was bragging. Thanks.

I said "I like how the Red Sox are in first place." Doesn't sound like bragging to me.

Its an inconsequential statement because

1. Its July

2. You've been in first place for 5 minutes with a commanding 0.5 game lead.

When we wake up tomorrow and the Yankees are in first I'll make sure to let you know that useless information.

Its an inconsequential statement because

1. Its July

2. You've been in first place for 5 minutes with a commanding 0.5 game lead.

When we wake up tomorrow and the Yankees are in first I'll make sure to let you know that useless information.

It is July. We're only halfway through the season. The Red Sox and Yankees still have half of their games to play against one another. Like I said it's still a long season left. You can post whatever you like. This is America.

I doubt you get to post tomorrow about the Yankees being in first place though. Beckett is pitching tonight.

The greatest team of all time is tied with a mediocre, injured, Yankees team on the loss side in july. You're gonna brag about that? Where were you when the greatest team of all time was in second place for the last 3 weeks?

I was here, still posting. Where were you?

Injuries? Really? Come on.

The Yankees' entire bullpen isn't on the DL? Their no 2 starter at the start of the year didn't miss 3 months? And as I'll keep saying, this isn't even a very good yankee team.

Every team has injuries. If you have a 200 million dollar roster you should be able to overcome them and the Yankees are playing just fine.

Every team has injuries. If you have a 200 million dollar roster you should be able to overcome them and the Yankees are playing just fine.

Then why did you blame last years suckass Sawx season on injuries? With their payroll they surly should have finished better than 3rd place

Then why did you blame last years suckass Sawx season on injuries? With their payroll they surly should have finished better than 3rd place

Last years injuries were extreme. And they still turned in a halfway decent season. If the Yankees lost Arod Tex CC Cano and others then you'd have a complaint. You're missing some average relievers and a decent starter who hasn't been good in a year. That's not a ton. The sox are missing 3 of 5 starting pitchers and doing just fine. The Yankees are having a good season too.

• 2 months later...

1. No one cares.

2. Why is the greatest team ever assembled in serious danger of missing the postseason?

1. Lots of people care, just not smarmy Yankee fans.

2. They aren't. They have a 93.5 percent chance of making the postseason. That doesn't seem like serious danger to me. And the only people around here calling them the greatest team ever assembled is you hater Yankee fans.

Wake gets 200 and Mo gets 600 and obviously Wakefield gets ESPN's front page.

Gotta love that neutral company celebrating a gimmick pitcher who's been in the league since the Carter administration.

lmao - this is one of those reasons why I boycott ESPN with the one exception of watching the MNF game.

Wake gets 200 and Mo gets 600 and obviously Wakefield gets ESPN's front page.

Gotta love that neutral company celebrating a gimmick pitcher who's been in the league since the Carter administration.

You are getting butt hurt over this? Really?

ESPN Radio had wall-to-wall Mariano is the G.O.A.T. all day. No "is he" debate, but he is and they even talked about him being the greatest pitcher of this generation.

You are getting butt hurt over this? Really?

ESPN Radio had wall-to-wall Mariano is the G.O.A.T. all day. No "is he" debate, but he is and they even talked about him being the greatest pitcher of this generation.

No, not really. Its just comical how slanted ESPN is towards Boston. I get that its a New England company, but come on. Wakefield getting 200 is practically meaningless.

No, not really. Its just comical how slanted ESPN is towards Boston. I get that its a New England company, but come on. Wakefield getting 200 is practically meaningless.

Really? Jeter is the 28th player to amass 3000 hits and they did a special on him.

In the grand scheme of things, Wakefield becoming the 109th pitcher with 200 wins is largely meaningless considering it took him almost 20 years to get it, but he is likely the last of a dying breed to do it...a knuckleballer.

Give the man his moment.

Nice of you to show up PF

Haven't seen you much since the September swoon

I am hardly ever here during the week. No arguments there.

Even in my absence I still average more post a day than you big boy. And that is with 26+ months in Iraq. ;):bag:

Archived