will the Mets resign Jose Reyes?

Blackout

or let him go and get overpaid somewhere else? (Boston anyone? their SS's suck)

I'm not sure he fits in. He is goIng to command a ton of money and he'd end up batting ninth. They have a need there but I think Lowrie can hold the fort until Iglesias is ready.

The Yankees could use him. He's better than their current SS but they are stuck with that albatross of a contract.

In typical Mets fashion, they'll sign Reyes then proceed to sign nobody else to help the team. As long as the Wilpons continue to own the team, .500 will be the high water mark.

watch david wright go somewhere else and start hitting 40 homers in a better ballpark

I'm not sure he fits in. He is goIng to command a ton of money and he'd end up batting ninth. They have a need there but I think Lowrie can hold the fort until Iglesias is ready.

The Yankees could use him. He's better than their current SS but they are stuck with that albatross of a contract.

You're an absolute moron

http://www.bloggingmets.com/?p=5768

I think I'll listen to this guy, not some Sawx Shill that sleeps in a pair of red socks

You're an absolute moron

http://www.bloggingmets.com/?p=5768

I think I'll listen to this guy, not some Sawx Shill that sleeps in a pair of red socks

Nice personal attack. Go ahead and listen to a known liar and cheater. I'll go by what my eyes tell me. Reyes is a very good player and he could be great. He's having a very good season. Best player in the world? Maybe one day, but not this day.

The Sox have gotten somewhat burned on the Crawford contract so I can see Carl's apprehensiveness.

And the Lackey deal. And JD Drew to some extent. Crawford starting hitting but then got hurt. I still hold out hope for him. He can turn it around.

Aside from A-Gon and Beckett, the majority of the Sox better players are homegrown and it's been a formula that is working. I think you need a good mix. I'm just not sure Reyes fits with having Ellsbury and Crawford as the speed guys. Could use a RH power hitter.

Well obviously if you don't have anything to actually add besides insulting someone, maybe you might want to take a looksee in the mirror and re-evaluate some things.

Even the hometown team's local paper agrees with me

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2011/07/17/time_for_red_sox_to_go_and_get_this_met/

There would be issues, certainly. One would be the number of leadoff hitters on the team. That one’s easy. Reyes is your leadoff hitter.

The author didn't even propose a trade. The Sox would have to pony up prospects they don't have or include a major leaguer they aren't going to part with. If he's a free agent, sure the sox have the money coming off the books next season. SS could be a position to upgrade. I just don't see them having what it takes to trade and the offense is more than good enough already. I see them getting a BP arm or a #5 starting pitcher type to have just in case.

You had indicated that Reyes would not be leading off for your Sawx

I once again have proved you WRONG

Because a sports writer said so? Many said Crawford would lead off. Who did Tito have leading off on opening day? The Sox offense is rolling right now 1-5. Why would you change that?

Also, you can't prove an opinion wrong with another opinion. You have no proof or evidence to say who would actually lead off unless Tito or Theo actually said.

You have once again shown you know nothing. Stick to your own team.

So you have no actual, factual retort so you post this drivel? They should call you JonEClass. You exude it.

The Boston newspaper agrees with me

They don't agree with you

They have more credibility than you

Checkmate

I know your simple mind cannot wrap around such hard concepts like opinions but do try a little harder.

What's so funny is that you are so far off base, yet with your red colored glasses you can't see the truth

Pretty sad actually

What's so funny is that you are so far off base, yet with your red colored glasses you can't see the truth

Pretty sad actually

Haha. The only thing sad here is you pal. Why don't you mature a little bit. Why are you so concerned about who plays SS for the Red Sox and where that player bats anyway? Move on. There is nothing to this story at all.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/6786992/sources-new-york-mets-convinced-deal-jose-reyes

Mets won't trade Reyes

The New York Mets now are certain they will not trade shortstop Jose Reyes before the July 31 deadline, league sources told ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney on Wednesday.

The Mets likely would have quite a few suitors for the All-Star, but he has been playing so well in recent weeks that the team has decided to hold onto him despite his pending free agency, sources said.

Reyes leads the league in batting average (.355), hits (126) and triples (15). He also has 30 steals, despite missing 12 games with a hamstring injury.

He returned Tuesday from the disabled list and went 2-for-5 with a run scored in the Mets' 4-2 win over the Cardinals.

The 28-year-old has spent his entire nine-year career with the Mets.

The team faces a lawsuit by the trustee of victims of the Bernard Madoff Ponzi scheme. With a potentially huge judgment looming, the Mets have been in negotiations with hedge fund manager David Einhorn to buy a minority stake in the team and infuse much-needed cash into the baseball operation.

The financial uncertainty has led many to speculate that the Mets would not be able to afford Reyes, who could command a Carl Crawford-like deal (seven years, $142 million).

The team did clear some money off the books by trading closer Francisco Rodriguez to the Brewers, and outfielder Carlos Beltran is likely on the block as well.

Archived