I'm Seriously Considering NOT Getting the DTV NFL Package

Sunday Ticket has totally cannibalized itself. You will also get Christmas Eve Day vs. the Giants, plus what ever they make the national game or when your Florida in market team(those sh*ty Fins) is not playing and CBS or Fox give the Jets as part of a doubleheader, plus what ever they flex in November and December. Add in Red ZOne at way less money which cannot blackout the Jets or any other team,and you're all set.

ive done this before... it's a good move. the Jets are almost always on primetime or the national feed.

its kind of a bummer when you spend all this money for DTV and end up watching the game on network tv.

you can also wait until mid season when the ticket is about half the price

Already made the move to FIOS back in February so no NFL Ticket for me this year.

With all the primetime games, probably won't miss it either.

FIOS has Red Zone. Price for 2010 was $50 for the whole season.

Sunday Ticket has totally cannibalized itself. You will also get Christmas Eve Day vs. the Giants, plus what ever they make the national game or when your Florida in market team(those sh*ty Fins) is not playing and CBS or Fox give the Jets as part of a doubleheader, plus what ever they flex in November and December. Add in Red ZOne at way less money which cannot blackout the Jets or any other team,and you're all set.

Well said. Get few national games. Jets play Skins and Baltimore, so I get those. Throw in the Redzone and that's a wrap.

When I lived upstate, I always did the math like this:

National games + games I can miss: X

Games that are not X: Y

Cost of bar tab for watching Y: C

Cost of NFL Package: D

The formula went like this:

D(X+Y)-CY=R

If R was more than D, I bought the ticket.

Edited by T0mShane

Last year, I red-assed DirecTV over the price and told them that without the Ticket, I have NO reason to continue to get DirecTV when ATT Uverse is half the cost and twice the service. They lowered my price to $189. This year, they're trying to automatically renew me at $360!! Me thinks there will be another call to the DirecTV folks ...

Edited by FloridaJetsFan

I recently purchased Dish network over the summer...does anyone know if I have a good chance of picking up local ny jets games even tho I live in Tennessee? i'm worried since ive had sunday ticket the last 8 years and never missed a jets game :(

I bought a house a few months ago and we switched to charter cable, now there having all kinds of sales for new customers 34.99 for all the movie channels over 240 other channels and the nfl package with redzone and nfl to go all included. I called yesterday and they couldn't give me that deal because I'm a returning customer but they had a deal for us as well, it was 10 dollars more, so it's 45 bux a month for all of that for a year! there coming monday to hook it up!

the guy on the phone also said they're doing these deals because not many people are buying the football package this year cos of the lock out, if you have directv already I'd say you could call and get a deal, bitch about them giving it to there new customers but not taking care of they're own! I did that a few years ago and they gave me the package for 50 bux. never hurts to try.

I recently purchased Dish network over the summer...does anyone know if I have a good chance of picking up local ny jets games even tho I live in Tennessee? i'm worried since ive had sunday ticket the last 8 years and never missed a jets game :(

dish network carries red zone so you can get that, plus the jets have alot of prime time games so you'll see those, but most games you most likely wont get down there.

this year-It's a lot of money that I'm not making like I used to. We have 5 primetime games on already too...plus 2 Fins games

is there a sports bar nearby if they arent on natiuonal tv? If so, enjoy and hopefully u can find a Jets fan club not too far away to watch games with

I can't imagine not having the ticket. Of course, I live in Seattle and the Dolphins are RARELY on over her but going to the bar the few times I have to watch the games just isn't the same. I hate not being able to hear the commentary and I hate that attention in the building is usually scattered. On Sundays, I want to have every game at my fingertips on my 48'' in my Dolphins decorated man-cave.

That's bliss.

I can't imagine not having the ticket. Of course, I live in Seattle and the Dolphins are RARELY on over her but going to the bar the few times I have to watch the games just isn't the same. I hate not being able to hear the commentary and I hate that attention in the building is usually scattered. On Sundays, I want to have every game at my fingertips on my 48'' in my Dolphins decorated man-cave.

That's bliss.

It's either aqua and orange Dolphins-decorated or it's a man-cave. It can't be both.

• Upvote 3

It's either aqua and orange Dolphins-decorated or it's a man-cave. It can't be both.

:) I see what you did there.

You know the team calendars that you can find in the mall every Thanksgiving? I've got a ton of those cutouts pined up around my loft, an 8'x4' Phins banner, one of those Coors Light Dolphins banners I stole from a bar, a foam finger I bought down at then Pro Player Stadium. Stuff like that, not too in your face with the sunshine colors.

this year-It's a lot of money that I'm not making like I used to. We have 5 primetime games on already too...plus 2 Fins games

I used to have the NFL Ticket. This is what I do to get ALL the JETS games. It could cost you $60. ($5.00 a month) If you have a friend or family member who lives in the NY/NJ area, ask him/her to get an extra box, Activate it, & send it to you. (You can work out the postage details or if you are traveling north, stop & pick it up) The box doesn't know where it is... (Just don't plug in the phone line) The only drawback is you won't get the NY local channels. (WOR, WPIX, etc.) (Spotbeam) However, you will get CBS (Jets) NBC, FOX (NY Giants) ABC feeds out of NY. You will also get MSG, YES (Yankees) SNY (Mets) etc.

I used to live in NJ & had to have the Jets & Yankees here in SW Florida or my wife wasn't going to move. It works, I've been doing it for years.

Guest Jpf4671

That's bliss.

This,..86 dolphins sub jets

:) I see what you did there.

You know the team calendars that you can find in the mall every Thanksgiving? I've got a ton of those cutouts pined up around my loft, an 8'x4' Phins banner, one of those Coors Light Dolphins banners I stole from a bar, a foam finger I bought down at then Pro Player Stadium. Stuff like that, not too in your face with the sunshine colors.

...and wall-art from Fathead's clearance section: John Beck, Pat White, Ted Ginn, and Philip Merling?

That's bliss.

Do you have a masturbation station and everything?

tumblr_kwq3e6MFSX1qzclpso1_500.jpg

• Upvote 1

Yes, I do. But I call it a different name. I refer to it as "slats' Mom's snatch."

My mother passed away two years ago at the age of 80, but whatever gets you off, man.

But if you get DT now they are throwing in the NFL ticket for free. This pisses me off -- anyway I will keep the package National games or not.

Ditto -- what a BS move. After sending DT a monthly check for $160 and paying full bore for Sunday ticket for years, I have had enough. Saw the free offer on CNBC today and blew my stack, so I cancelled. These guys have it a$$-backwards. How about throwing a bone to long time customers? It is like being anally raped without the benefit of a kiss. I'll get Fios for half the cost (including my internet and landline nut), and it includes Red Zone. Phuck em! I'd rather give my money to the bar.

Good call.

In addition to those games, like for the Patriots games in TN, they can be the 'prime' late game (i.e. 4pm) and you can catch them there as well.

The only down side is if the game gets non-competitive and they go to another game like they did last year in the Patriots-Bears game.

If you have the NFL Ticket its basically a break even vs a sportbar IMO.

If you have to go to a Sportbar to watch 8 - 10 games per season youre probably going to spend what it costs for the NFL ticket. Driving there is sometimes a hassle for MNF.

Theyve cracked down on streaming the games online.

I did not miss any last year.

If you sign up for DTV, they are giving the Sunday Ticket for free.

I'm going to call and bust their balls about tha, see what they can do for me. :D

Edited by The Brooklyn Jet