The Mets Trade/Dump KRod

T0mShane

I'm sure they could. The price in a trade would be staggering and so would the contract. The way the Sox are currently constructed what they really could use in the next year or so is a RH power hitting right fielder. That would be gravy.

If the Mets called the Sox and offered them Reyes straight up for Ellsbury (God help me), with Reyes agreeing to an extension, Theo would break an ankle running to the phone to secure that deal. Talent-wise, it's not close. The only hiccup, obviously, is getting Reyes signed. But, if Reyes ends up in Boston, he steps in as your leadoff guy immediately and they move Ellsbury down without even thinking about it.

Now, let's get back to humiliating JonEJet.

If the Mets called the Sox and offered them Reyes straight up for Ellsbury (God help me), with Reyes agreeing to an extension, Theo would break an ankle running to the phone to secure that deal. Talent-wise, it's not close. The only hiccup, obviously, is getting Reyes signed. But, if Reyes ends up in Boston, he steps in as your leadoff guy immediately and they move Ellsbury down without even thinking about it.

Now, let's get back to humiliating JonEJet.

I'm sure Theo would jump at that given that SS is a position that doesn't have as many gamechangers like Reyes. That said, I don't see it happening. Or Beltran. Beltran makes less sense than Reyes.

Jone-You repsond more in Met and Red Sox threads than you do Yankees.

No One knows who they will get or how they will pan out.

If I need to explain this deal to you and why it was necessary, you really shouldn't be throwing opinions around on sports forums ;)

David Ortiz was a player to be named later. It is an absolute long shot but there is always a chance that you can get a productive player or better.

Archived