Gold $1600 an ounce!

visajets

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

;)

I'm assuming we go to a lot of similar websites and are both fans of a particular father/son duo in congress.

I think we do, however, though I like the father/son duo....I dont vote. Too bad that if they actually were to run and win the collapse would be totally blamed on them. The general public cant see that there are hard decisions that are needed to be made here.

I think they wont win because they will actually make those hard but necessary decisions.

I think we do, however, though I like the father/son duo....I dont vote. Too bad that if they actually were to run and win the collapse would be totally blamed on them. The general public cant see that there are hard decisions that are needed to be made here.

I think they wont win because they will actually make those hard but necessary decisions.

I think when you say "general public" you actually mean "black people".

It's OK, you can say it.

I think when you say "general public" you actually mean "black people".

It's OK, you can say it.

Im black. I grew up and live in the South Bronx. I guess with my avatar and my level of understanding on this particular topic you would have never guessed that I was a "hood rat" huh?

But what did YOU mean? You were obviously projecting something toward black people with your predisposed disposition. So tell me something about myself that I dont know.

It's OK, you can say it.

The situation's kinda arkward isnt it? lol.

Oh, and I actually meant "general public".

Look, don't get me wrong...

If I was black, and I couldn't run fast or throw a ball through a hoop, I'd riot like a muther****er.

So, If I dont run fast or throw a ball through a hoop (which I cant do neither very well by the way) I should go out and riot like a "muther****er"?

Are running, ball throwing and rioting my only three choices in life my lord? lol.

Given that you worked on wall st. I take it that you live in the tristate. Me and you should go to a Jet game this year, just to get to know one another and our background....Seriously. Your treat, given that you make so much money dealing with VIX and for the fact that you did kinda put your foot in your mouth lmao!

I'll buy the beers/food. Maybe if we get to know one another you can get a better Idea not just about black people, but a person who "just so happens to be black" lol, and I can get a better idea about people from wall st. Because I'll be the first to say that they're f'ing vampire financial terrorist that can suck blood out of a rock if they thought they can get money out of it. And I think that we both can learn from one another.

So maybe if we got to know one another we can both come to the realization that you're probably as good a financial terrorist as I am a 6'5 all star small forward with insane jumping ability, which in the case of me being a star small forward OR 6 foot 5 is very far from the truth. :D

Let me know if that sounds good. And if so Lets look at the schedule and pick a game. Maybe we can get there early and chill at the Jetnation tailgate. I havent seen Max's sexy behind since 09'.

Im black. I grew up and live in the South Bronx. I guess with my avatar and my level of understanding on this particular topic you would have never guessed that I was a "hood rat" huh?

But what did YOU mean? You were obviously projecting something toward black people with your predisposed disposition. So tell me something about myself that I dont know.

It's OK, you can say it.

The situation's kinda arkward isnt it? lol.

Oh, and I actually meant "general public".

Yikes well I guess that blew up in someone's face.

@ +1, White people have no ******* idea what's going on and are just as clueless as everyone else. You ever try having these debates with some hipster living in Williamsburg?...puke worthy. Hell I've been telling one of my uncle's, who is a well off accountant, about PM's for years and he gives me the same nonsense that everyone else does.

Yikes well I guess that blew up in someone's face.

@ +1, White people have no ******* idea what's going on and are just as clueless as everyone else. You ever try having these debates with some hipster living in Williamsburg?...puke worthy. Hell I've been telling one of my uncle's, who is a well off accountant, about PM's for years and he gives me the same nonsense that everyone else does.

Yeah it did lmao!

I've been telling people about PM's as well. I only know of three people that I told that are active buyers. One of my good buddies from college, a child hood friend and my mom. Everyone else cant see the writing on the wall or kinda gives me the feeling like what im telling them is some type of bullsh*t "get quick rich scheme" which of course it isnt bullsh*t nor about getting rich quick.

I used to be very proactive about telling my friends and family. Now im at the point where I've told people but if they dont have the ears to hear what im saying then its on them. Im not a professional nor an advisor so I dont expect them to invest off of my words, so I always tell them to "look for yourself".

I've been saving up and I got my mom to do so as well. My mom knows nothing about the fundamentals of the metals but she said If Im telling her about this then it must be true because I've never been the one so into money, cars and material things like that, so if im all of a sudden talking about our dollar being in trouble then I must see something.

Its cool when your mom has that much faith in you. Hopefully the rest of the people that I told (and tried to tell) come across it, because I believe in a couple years we'll be hearing people say "Yo, I remember when I got in on silver waaaaaaay back when it was $60 an oz and Gold back when it was $2,500 an oz. Maybe people dont want to believe it but (here comes the famous words) "This time its different" lol.

I used to be very proactive about telling my friends and family. Now im at the point where I've told people but if they dont have the ears to hear what im saying then its on them. Im not a professional nor an advisor so I dont expect them to invest off of my words, so I always tell them to "look for yourself".

This is where I'm at as well. I have one good buddy who discovered all of this with me and I've spent years telling my parents but even they are resistant, even when they know I start buying at $14/oz.

This is where I'm at as well. I have one good buddy who discovered all of this with me and I've spent years telling my parents but even they are resistant, even when they know I start buying at $14/oz.

I actually came across precious metals by accident. I came across a youtuber named "silverfuturist" simply scrolling through youtube and he has a youtube page dedicated to gold and silver. The stuff that he was talking about you can just tell that he knew what he was talking about. My common sense just felt like this guy was on to something. Well, Silverfuturist lead me to a book by Mike Maloney call "How to invest in Gold and Silver". Man...WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!?! I went through that book in one weekend and I knew exactly what I had to do. Thats when I started picking up and reading everything I could get my hands on regarding precious metals starting with its history as money and thats when I came across www.Gata.org, Bill Murphy's website. I then found people like Adrian Douglass, James Turk, Robert Kiyosaki, Eric Sprott, Bob Chapman etc.

I realized that I found not just something that fascinated me but something that was also very important because for the first time I learned the difference between currency and money. I did my homework for about 5 months until I could put my own logic to the fundamentals themselves...thats when I started to finally buy because I knew that there was really no other place to put your cash to preserve your wealth. What we're on the cusp of will be a financial catastrophe like no other time in history, this is not just a collapse, but we're heading toward a new type of economic reality shift.

I actually came across precious metals by accident. I came across a youtuber named "silverfuturist" simply scrolling through youtube and he has a youtube page dedicated to gold and silver. The stuff that he was talking about you can just tell that he knew what he was talking about. My common sense just felt like this guy was on to something. Well, Silverfuturist lead me to a book by Mike Maloney call "How to invest in Gold and Silver". Man...WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!?! I went through that book in one weekend and I knew exactly what I had to do. Thats when I started picking up and reading everything I could get my hands on regarding precious metals starting with its history as money and thats when I came across www.Gata.org, Bill Murphy's website. I then found people like Adrian Douglass, James Turk, Robert Kiyosaki, Eric Sprott, Bob Chapman etc.

I realized that I found not just something that fascinated me but something that was also very important because for the first time I learned the difference between currency and money. I did my homework for about 5 months until I could put my own logic to the fundamentals themselves...thats when I started to finally buy because I knew that there was really no other place to put your cash to preserve your wealth. What we're on the cusp of will be a financial catastrophe like no other time in history, this is not just a collapse, but we're heading toward a new type of economic reality shift.

Heh I always feel like it's akin to what Neo must have felt like after he took the red pill. James Turk is the man, btw. My favorite economists are Robert Murphy and Tom Woods.

Heh I always feel like it's akin to what Neo must have felt like after he took the red pill. James Turk is the man, btw. My favorite economists are Robert Murphy and Tom Woods.

I'll check out the vid now.

My favorite people are Bob Chapman, Mike Maloney and George Gordon.

George Gordon talks about everything on his site. He's just a very interesting guy with a great mind. Bob and Mike are my favorite people who mostly talk about PM's and its relation to the political/economical turmoil that we're in right now.

A site that I check out for daily updates is www.KingWorldNews.com I find their interviews and articles pretty good.

EDIT: and I see that you're up on the Mises institute. Good man!

Ladies and gentlemen,

GOLD HAS JUST SURPASSED PLATINUM IN PRICE. :o (im not shocked, I just like that face lmao).

Gold: $1,770

Platinum: $1,717

EDIT: JP morgan just released a statement expecting Gold to go up as high as $2,500 an oz by years end.

http://in.reuters.com/article/2011/08/08/idINIndia-58681020110808

I actually find this incredible because JP Morgan (being the custodian of the Gold/Silver iShare ETF's) are the once who've been manipulating the precious metals. Surprised that they made this statement, then again I did state that I expect a correction in Gold so this may be a way for people to jump into the gold paper market and then get slaughtered during the correction.

GOLD HAS JUST SURPASSED PLATINUM IN PRICE. :o (im not shocked, I just like that face lmao).

EDIT: JP morgan just released a statement expecting Gold to go up as high as $2,500 an oz by years end.

why would any1 rather have gold than platinum? that's a bubble folks.

fact platinum is way rarer and can be used for way more than gold.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platinum_as_an_investment

I've heard that people are harvesting Platinum out of the sidewalks (it seeps out of car exhaust, something about catalytic converters). Maybe that increased supply is pushing the price down.

still it's way rarer than gold. That's shocking to me.

why would any1 rather have gold than platinum? that's a bubble folks.

fact platinum is way rarer and can be used for way more than gold.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platinum_as_an_investment

I've heard that people are harvesting Platinum out of the sidewalks (it seeps out of car exhaust, something about catalytic converters). Maybe that increased supply is pushing the price down.

still it's way rarer than gold. That's shocking to me.

So, because gold hit higher than Platinum means that Gold is in a bubble? Maybe platinum is undervalued? Maybe the market is oversold?

:bag:

If I get to a point in my life where I feel like I need to invest heavy in gold... Ill be investing in bullets instead.

So you can take a few grand and buy a couple guns with a few thousand rounds. also throw in some food storage. Well, what are you going to do with the rest of your savings? How about investing in both? Maybe thats an even better idea.

Now you're protecting your finances like the way you're gun protects the fam. I dont know about you, but that sounds damn smart to me.

Ladies and gentlemen,

http://in.reuters.com/article/2011/08/08/idINIndia-58681020110808

I actually find this incredible because JP Morgan (being the custodian of the Gold/Silver iShare ETF's) are the once who've been manipulating the precious metals. Surprised that they made this statement, then again I did state that I expect a correction in Gold so this may be a way for people to jump into the gold paper market and then get slaughtered during the correction.

Yep, JP Morgan has been manipulating Silver prices for a long time now. Actually, I believe they recently got some law passed that only banks like them can speculate on silver now, it was supposed to go into effect last month but I haven't kept up.

If they say Gold will go up, more than likely they're trying to screw people over. Whenever Wall St. packages something to the masses it is time to get out. I know you only have physical so for you it won't matter. For traders though, this is where you set tight stops and if you get taken out you don't worry about it.

Yep, JP Morgan has been manipulating Silver prices for a long time now. Actually, I believe they recently got some law passed that only banks like them can speculate on silver now, it was supposed to go into effect last month but I haven't kept up.

If they say Gold will go up, more than likely they're trying to screw people over. Whenever Wall St. packages something to the masses it is time to get out. I know you only have physical so for you it won't matter. For traders though, this is where you set tight stops and if you get taken out you don't worry about it.

Yeah, The CFTC basically said that no one can naked short the futures market except JP Morgan and HSBC.

This is what I mean, we dont have free markets, we have corporatism. How in the world do you allow a bank to naked short a position if it wasnt solely for the purpose of controlling the price to keep the metals from making the currency look bad while they inflate. This is yet another reason why I buy the stuff though people are screaming bubble.

Yeah, The CFTC basically said that no one can naked short the futures market except JP Morgan and HSBC.

This is what I mean, we dont have free markets, we have corporatism. How in the world do you allow a bank to naked short a position if it wasnt solely for the purpose of controlling the price to keep the metals from making the currency look bad while they inflate. This is yet another reason why I buy the stuff though people are screaming bubble.

I mean this is INSANE! If the world only understood how highly unethical and immoral this was, not only would the heads of JPM and HSBC be rolling but so would those lowlife's on the CFTC panel.

I mean this is INSANE! If the world only understood how highly unethical and immoral this was, not only would the heads of JPM and HSBC be rolling but so would those lowlife's on the CFTC panel.

I guess for the people in the "know" what JPM/HSBC/CFTC is doing is nothing but an opportunity for the people like us who know what to do.

Take lemons and make lemonade.

Naked shorting is supposed to be illegal in general, but the SEC never does anything about it. That's how the scam market destroyed Chinese stocks incidentally. They just naked shorted all of them. I wonder if China will eventually get pissed off enough to do anything.

I'm surprised gold is still exploding actually. Might indicate the tipping point has passed. I keep looking to short gold but I don't see any weakness in it, and I try not to fight trends. If my cheating buddies can't keep the price down who can?

I would love to short gold back down under $1500/oz, I'm pretty sure these guys want to as well. So I'm on the sidelines waiting to ride their coattails. I don't know how to beat them so this is how I trade.

I own one of Maloney's videos but I think this is even better. Everyone should watch this, it explains the fundamentals very clearly and with eye opening charts.

I own Maloney's book as well. He's the one who opened my eyes to the situation. I read his book in about 4 days, from then on I knew what I had to do.

Speaking of Gold bubbles....lol. And notice how when Peter begins to expose the ETF's how his connection conveniently froze towards the end of the vid.

I own Maloney's book as well. He's the one who opened my eyes to the situation. I read his book in about 4 days, from then on I knew what I had to do.

Speaking of Gold bubbles....lol. And notice how when Peter begins to expose the ETF's how his connection conveniently froze towards the end of the vid.

Normally I'd agree, but you could tell earlier in the conversation that there was a connection problem. Plus RT is usually pretty good with letting info on the air. Max Kaiser had a whole segment awhile back on RT about telling people to buy silver so we can "Bring down JP Morgan".

Normally I'd agree, but you could tell earlier in the conversation that there was a connection problem. Plus RT is usually pretty good with letting info on the air. Max Kaiser had a whole segment awhile back on RT about telling people to buy silver so we can "Bring down JP Morgan".

You could certainly be right. I always look at things with a suspicious eye when it comes to receiving media info so I could have definitely looked into that a bit too deeply. RT does do a great job with fair and balanced info, I agree with that.

so i actually watched that video. Gold is money, brought to you by the GoldMoney foundation. and the expert is a bullion fund manager.

Gold is a precious metal. and that's great. but it's not money.

Gold in processed form IS NOT money. If the US Mint puts out a 50 dollar gold coin, ok that's money. but the dictionary definition of money exists and just cause someone's got an HD camera and internet access doesn't mean they can change the definition of money.

from dictionary.com

mon·ey

   [muhn-ee] noun, plural mon·eys, mon·ies, adjective

noun

any circulating medium of exchange, including coins, paper money, and demand deposits.

paper money.

gold, silver, or other metal in pieces of convenient form stamped by public authority and issued as a medium of exchange and measure of value.

any article or substance used as a medium of exchange, measure of wealth, or means of payment, as checks on demand deposit or cowrie.

a particular form or denomination of currency.

note definition 3, stamped by pubilc authority. Gold in a nugget in the riverbed is not money.

so i actually watched that video. Gold is money, brought to you by the GoldMoney foundation. and the expert is a bullion fund manager.

Gold is a precious metal. and that's great. but it's not money.

Gold in processed form IS NOT money. If the US Mint puts out a 50 dollar gold coin, ok that's money. but the dictionary definition of money exists and just cause someone's got an HD camera and internet access doesn't mean they can change the definition of money.

from dictionary.com

note definition 3, stamped by pubilc authority. Gold in a nugget in the riverbed is not money.

Paper is money, coming from a paper foundation.

I didnt even read the rest of your comment after that statement.

oh, and the "bubble" called gold is at $1,900. lol.

Archived