Kris Jenkins To Retire

MikeJetsWord

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tell me more about the Nose Tackle position Coach Bryant...

In the future its Mr. Bryant. And heres all your worth.

Nose tackle (also nose guard) is a defensive alignment position for a defensive lineman. In the 3-4 defensive scheme the sole defensive tackle is referred to as the nose tackle. The nose tackle aligns across the line of scrimmage from the offense's center before the play begins in the "0-technique" position. In five-linemen situations, such as a goal-line formation, the nose guard is the innermost lineman, flanked on either side by a defensive tackle or defensive end. The nose guard is also used in a 50 read defense. In this defense there is a nose guard, two defensive tackles, and two outside linebackers who can play on the line of scrimmage or off the line of scrimmage in a two point stance. The nose guard lines up head up on the center about six to eighteen inches off the ball. In a reading 50 defense, the nose guard's key is to read the offensive center to the ball. In run away, the nose guard's job is to shed the blocker and pursue down the line of scrimmage, taking an angle of pursuit. The primary responsibility of the nose tackle in this scheme is to absorb multiple blockers so that other players in the defensive front can attack ball carriers and rush the quarterback.

In order for a 3-4 to be effective, it needs a dominant nose tackle, which is very hard to find

Nose tackle (also nose guard) is a defensive alignment position for a defensive lineman. In the 3-4 defensive scheme the sole defensive tackle is referred to as the nose tackle. The nose tackle aligns across the line of scrimmage from the offense's center before the play begins in the "0-technique" position. In five-linemen situations, such as a goal-line formation, the nose guard is the innermost lineman, flanked on either side by a defensive tackle or defensive end. The nose guard is also used in a 50 read defense. In this defense there is a nose guard, two defensive tackles, and two outside linebackers who can play on the line of scrimmage or off the line of scrimmage in a two point stance. The nose guard lines up head up on the center about six to eighteen inches off the ball. In a reading 50 defense, the nose guard's key is to read the offensive center to the ball. In run away, the nose guard's job is to shed the blocker and pursue down the line of scrimmage, taking an angle of pursuit. The primary responsibility of the nose tackle in this scheme is to absorb multiple blockers so that other players in the defensive front can attack ball carriers and rush the quarterback.

In order for a 3-4 to be effective, it needs a dominant nose tackle, which is very hard to find

PLZ QUOTE YER SORCEZ

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tackle_%28American_football%29#Nose_tackle

Your pettiness is astonishing... unfortunately for the other people watching this thread, I'm going to refrain from making an example out of you, because I respect Crusher enough to follow through on not mocking you further.

Clearly YOU have NO respect for Crusher though, as you see fit to go crying to him when I call you stupid, get him to stick up for you, and then essentially hide behind him while goading me into "attacking" you. Classy.

I'm sure Crusher will appreciate that you've played him for a chump.

Odd that wikipedia entry didn't mention the need for a nose tackle to have at least 4 sacks before he can be said to have had a great year . . . :blink:

Your pettiness is astonishing... unfortunately for the other people watching this thread, I'm going to refrain from making an example out of you, because I respect Crusher enough to follow through on not mocking you further.

Clearly YOU have NO respect for Crusher though, as you see fit to go crying to him when I call you stupid, get him to stick up for you, and then essentially hide behind him while goading me into "attacking" you. Classy.

I'm sure Crusher will appreciate that you've played him for a chump.

I have done nothing to belittle or chump Crusher. STOP with the bullsh*t. Your a$$ kissing doesnt make up for your rudeness and arrogance. You are a bullsh*t artist at its finest.

Odd that wikipedia entry didn't mention the need for a nose tackle to have at least 4 sacks before he can be said to have had a great year . . . :blink:

In case you missed it I said: NTs arent supposed to be sack leaders in a 3-4 defense.

I have done nothing to belittle or chump Crusher. STOP with the bullsh*t. Your a$$ kissing doesnt make up for your rudeness and arrogance. You are a bullsh*t artist at its finest.

When you call me names like this... do you touch yourself?

In case you missed it I said: NTs arent supposed to be sack leaders in a 3-4 defense.

Great year? 3.5 sacks? Id take DeVito or Pouha anyday of the week over him.

Enjoy the Hall of Fame induction ceremoney when they induct Jenkins, be sure to let us know how it was.

No you didn't. You said he sucks because he can't sack and you're 100% right. 3.5 sacks doesn't cut it for this Jet fan either. Good riddance. H5's visa!!!

I only read the last page of this thread.. Has this really been going on for the entire previous 6 pages?

Season Team Tackles Interceptions Fumbles

G GS Comb Total Ast Sck SFTY PDef Int

2010 New York Jets 1 1 1 0 1 0.0 -- 0 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 0

2009 New York Jets 6 6 13 11 2 0.0 -- 0 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 0

2008 New York Jets 16 16 50 37 13 3.5 -- 2 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 1

Now you're good.

Archived