Nnamdi Asomugha Thread: MERGED

MikeJetsWord

@njpanthers12

Aso has agreed to sign with the Jets, Carr is signing with Jacksonville, Cromartie to Oakland, Joseph has offers from Seattle, Cleveland,

Congrats NY you guys should be very happy tomorrow Holmes and Aso. WOW

I don't know who this guy is so it's prob not true but he is reporting this

Another guy tweeted this:

thepierre thepierre

Breaking News: Nnamdi Asomugha Has Signed With New York Jets, according to Daily News #Asomugha #Jets

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has 180 followers he has to be legit!

I looked through his timeline he broke the deangelo Williams, Johnson, Mare deals before others, and nailed Kasay offered to take retirement over Being released got killed for it and then proven right so

I still don't count it as a legit source but just saying

I looked through his timeline he broke the deangelo Williams, Johnson, Mare deals before others, and nailed Kasay offered to take retirement over Being released got killed for it and then proven right so

boner.png?1303887732

NJPanthers12:

@RTGJetsYanks76 I was told Aso to the Jets will be announced tomorrow and the rest of the dominoes will fall for the rest of the CB Congrats

that guy he tweeted to previously asked how true it is..... this guy is very confident in his sources

even if its a guy trying to get attention.... if he were to call the wrong news like if aso isnt gonna be a jet in reality he will get negative attention. dont see the motivation to do that

Is he incarcerated? I only trust incarcerated tweeps.

Is he incarcerated? I only trust incarcerated tweeps.

Funny cause jailboy through sh*t at the wall last night saying Holmes deal done around 1 am and it stuck.

For what it's worth jailboy says Aso agreed with Seattle

@njpanthers12

Last tweet of the night had Aso to houston all along, but ultimately he wanted the Jets. Him and Revis will be impossible to throw on.

web • 7/28/11 12:06 AM

Gaining followers by the second lol

fwiw,was over on the 49ers board and some guy claimed he has a friend who is friends with dennis thurman.claims nnamdi to the jets for 4 years

fwiw,was over on the 49ers board and some guy claimed he has a friend who is friends with dennis thurman.claims nnamdi to the jets for 4 years

That's about as textbook a case of heresay as you can get. Even Dennis Thurman himself wouldn't know. lulz. Hope its true though!

helmet.gif

On Wednesday Darrelle Revis, the New York Jets All-Pro defensive back, discussed the prospects of playing with Nnamdi Asomugha.   Here are some of  Revis’ quotes courtesy of the New York Jets.

On the possibility of CB Nnamdi Asomugha joining the Jets…

“Rex (Ryan) and Mike Tannenbaum are going to do the best thing to build this into a championship-caliber team. Bringing Nnamdi aboard, that’s great. He’s the best cornerback in the league. Me and him as a tandem would be unbelievable. It’d be awesome, so I would love to have him as a teammate.”

On whether he has spoken to Asomugha recently…

” I’ve spoken to him, but I didn’t recruit him.”

On how he would feel if Asomugha came to the Jets and was given a bigger contract than his…

“That’s Nnamdi’s situation. Money is not the issue here. The issue here with us, is just trying to build a championship-caliber team. Everybody has their own situation. You’re seeing guys get signed now. I’m watching NFL Network now. Guys are getting signed. I’m not angry at what anybody gets. That’s their situation. You perform on the field to get what you deserve, and Nnamdi is deserving of getting the top dollars, which he has to do. My thing is, I hope we get him.”

On whether the Jets have approached him to restructure his contract to create more salary cap space for Asomugha…

“No, they haven’t.”

On whether he would restructure his contract to help the team sign Asomugha…

“I’m going to keep that private with my agents, and let them handle that stuff.”

On his reaction to the re-signing of Santonio Holmes…

“His signing today, it’s great man. It’s a celebration for the organization, for his family and it’s great man. We know what type of player he is and what he’s capable of doing, play in and play out. We congratulate him and are proud of him.”

On how important it was for the team to sign Santonio…

“I think that was one of their number one priorities, when everything started back up, to get Santonio signed. The guy is, to me, is unbelievable as a receiver with his intelligence and his route running and he is tough. He’s a tough sucker. He is a leader. He made a couple of speeches in our locker room last year. You can tell how he has a passion to play football. I think Santonio and Mark’s (Sanchez) chemistry is great and you can see it throughout last year. They were quick and had a one-two punch as a quarterback and a receiver tandem.”

Some interesting words from Darrelle Revis as the All-Pro supported both his team and his friend Nnamdi Asomugha.  Darrelle would love to see the Jets sign Nnamdi, but wants his friend to get the big contract that he deserves. It was also interesting to read Darrelle’s take on Santonio Holmes as it appears that the flashy receiver emerged as one of the fiery leaders of the New York Jets last year.  Holmes clearly has a lot of supporters in the New York Jets locker room.

What do you think about Darrelle Revis comments? Discuss in the JetNation forums.

di</img>di</img>

bb98s5nSz2g

View the full article

I had Nnamdi as a top 5 pick in 2003. I remember his combine numbers and knew he was the real deal.

A once in a lifetime talent.

The only part I was wrong on is he is a twice in a lifetime talent. My man, Darrelle Revis, is the other part.

These two super powers in the same secondary. The legendary Raiders teams never had that. The Steel Curtain never had that. The Oilers team with the top secondary in the late 70's they never had that.

These two once-in-a-lifetime talents would combine to give the Jets a once-in-a-lifetime season.

A Super Bowl season.

I am working on the scheme changes that Rex and Mike P could implement with the wonder twins. That is what I am calling them:

The Wonder Twins.

If anyone wants me to outline the Wonder Twins Defense, I will do it. Maybe I will give it to Max and Smizzy to put on the front page.

Oh for ****'s sake.

The Texans are "in the mix" for free agent Nnamdi Asomugha, sources tell the Houston Chronicle. The problem for Houston is that Jets are now reportedly nearly $10 million under the cap -- and that's before they restructure contracts. It's going to be hard to pry Asomugha away from Broadway and coach Rex Ryan if they can't even offer the most money. The Texans may be better off turning their attention to free agent Johnathan Joseph.

Related: Texans, Jets Source: Houston Chronicle Jul 28, 8:5

The Texans are "in the mix" for free agent Nnamdi Asomugha, sources tell the Houston Chronicle. The problem for Houston is that Jets are now reportedly nearly $10 million under the cap -- and that's before they restructure contracts. It's going to be hard to pry Asomugha away from Broadway and coach Rex Ryan if they can't even offer the most money. The Texans may be better off turning their attention to free agent Johnathan Joseph.

Related: Texans, Jets Source: Houston Chronicle Jul 28, 8:5

From a funny pipe dream.. fantasy.. to... This just might get done... Were in it.. and hate it if love it... Would be insane....

The #1b CB in the entire NFL is considering coming to the Jets, because of the Coach, and the fact that he wants a RING. He's even considering taking less money to do it... and the icing on the cake is that CB #1a is already on our roster, and its a roster full of talent. Seriously.

SERIOUSLY.

I understand the "don't overpay" concerns, but honestly... did you EVER think the Jets would be in this position, ever? Rex Ryan has to this point been better than anything I could have ever imagined.

The #1b CB in the entire NFL is considering coming to the Jets, because of the Coach, and the fact that he wants a RING. He's even considering taking less money to do it... and the icing on the cake is that CB #1a is already on our roster, and its a roster full of talent. Seriously.

SERIOUSLY.

I understand the "don't overpay" concerns, but honestly... did you EVER think the Jets would be in this position, ever? Rex Ryan has to this point been better than anything I could have ever imagined.

One word sums up my feelings after reading that...

WOOT!

Absolutely... You hit it right on the head.. I love Rex Ryan.. he might just be my favorite jet.. remember the old days when nobody wanted to play for us.. free agents just used us for leverage.. ala reggie white..

Agreed. The Aso situation aside, I absolutely love Rex Ryan and what he has done here so far. Identity.... something we have never had before.

SERIOUSLY.

meh,.. meaningless without rings. Spending 10% of your budget to cover #2 wr's isn't exactly good use of resources

meh,.. meaningless without rings. Spending 10% of your budget to cover #2 wr's isn't exactly good use of resources

Now it's 10%?

All the haters had been saying 20%... 350%... all the gold in China... lately...

You spend to get better... I am sure Rex and Tanny weighed the options of whether they could use the 5 million they save but not signing Nnamdi on upgrading other roles...

You act as if the 5 million they save by not signing Nnamdi will make the team better for certain...

It's crazy to to me.. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt..and respect there opinions but people are really nuts.. when the revis nnamdi talk was going on at the probowl.. everyone here was drooling at the possibility.. but all chalked it up to being a pipe dream.. just laughed.. and compared it to convos like.. who would win in a fight the hulk vs superman.. lol. Now that its slowly becoming a reality.. people here don't want it?? Crying about braylon Edwards?? Same guy they called butter fingers?? Crying about cromartie?? Nnamdi plus randy moss.. is better then cro and Edwards.. any day of the week and twice on Sunday..

Archived