Nnamdi Asomugha Thread: MERGED

MikeJetsWord

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And clearly assuming having the two highest paid CBs in NFL history under contract to the same team will have absolutely no impact on the rest of the roster is a much more reasonable conclusion than thinking that it somehow will. How could I be so foolish.

Has Tannenbaum ever given us a reason to believe we're restricted in doing anything personell wise?

Stop acting like its your money.

And you have still yet to suggest who this money would better be spent on. The offense is totally tied to Sanchez getting better. We already have one of the best lines in football. Our running backs are set. WR's for the most part are set. Its on Sanchez.

Spending money to bring in one of the best players in the NFL is a good move.

I dont see how we lose out on Nnamdi honestly. Think about it, he seems like totally level headed guy. Who would you rather play for? A team on a cusp of a championship opposite the best cb in the league, and the most exciting Coach in NFL? Or the texans for 3 million more, and possibly a 7 win season? yawn. Hes a jet imo. B) And oh yeah, with Nnamdi we wont have to score more than 14 pts a game to win now anyway. Maybe all we need is Holmes, Cotch and Kerley/P. Turner? :D

Has Tannenbaum ever given us a reason to believe we're restricted in doing anything personell wise?

Stop acting like its your money.

And you have still yet to suggest who this money would better be spent on. The offense is totally tied to Sanchez getting better. We already have one of the best lines in football. Our running backs are set. WR's for the most part are set. Its on Sanchez.

Spending money to bring in one of the best players in the NFL is a good move.

lol Really? Holmes and Cotchery is "for the most part set"?

I dont see how we lose out on Nnamdi honestly. Think about it, he seems like totally level headed guy. Who would you rather play for? A team on a cusp of a championship opposite the best cb in the league, and the most exciting Coach in NFL? Or the texans for 3 million more, and possibly a 7 win season? yawn. Hes a jet imo. B)

The Texans have to break out at some point they are damn good on offense have a great pass rusher on Defense, Nnamdi would make a huge impact on a team that has needed a corner for years this could be huge for them and with the talent they have they can become an elite team pretty quick . That being said I think Kubiak is a great offensive mind but an idiot head coach, he could very well be the issue. Nnamdi can fix a lot of their defensive problems.

And get to work in signing players that actually will help this team. All we've done is sign like 2 dozen undrafted training camp cannon fodder scrubs and re-sign 2 of our own. In the meantime teams are out there improving their teams with NEW players. This Asomugha deal (which isn't going to happen because of $$$) is going to cost us our hardest working WR and probably see him in Miami or Tennessee. We've already lost out on Barnes-who would have helped. This luxury big splash deal is already costing us-I just don't want it to affect us any more than it already has.

lol Really? Holmes and Cotchery is "for the most part set"?

We went into 2009 with Cotchery and Chansi Stuckey. I understand all the fear about putting all our $$ into the CB basket, but the fact is Braylon and Holmes would be a ridiculously huge percentage of our cap space too. Holmes, Edwards and Cromartie were all playing on deals that weren't signed on the open market. They are all getting tons more money now. I don't expect another HUGE money WR. I expect a more mid-level guy or a cap casualty. They have Kerley who is a mid-round pick too.

Ive had enough of this Nnamdi bullsh!t. Either agree or fck off.

tanny wouldnt bore us with an easy deal.he has to make it exciting.i dont think the jets would be in it this long if they werent almost possitive nnamdi wasnt coming to gang green.flip side to that,maybe all the hype and success has gone to tanny's and rex's heads.hope good news comes soon

I love Braylon too. But lets be serious here, we have to go thru Indy, NE, Pitt, and Baltimore to get tio the superbowl every year. Lets have what they cant, and thats the best secondarry in the league with Revis and Nnamdi. That would make beating Peyton even less of a headache, while making our pass rush thrive more consistent. Dont forget Cotchery is a very reliable number 2 he's been there and done that consistently for years. And Patrick Turner and Scotty McKnight have chemistry with Sanchez already, while Kerley could be a playmaker right away. Nnamdi gets us one step closer to what we all want and thats a superbowl. Get it done! Go jets. :)

We need a big receiver, I don't care if it's Braylon at this point, but get somebody!

Seriously! Im so surprised by some of the people on here being ok with going into season with only Holmes and Cotchery. And saying tht Braylon will cost alot of money too is a BS argument because he probably would cost half of what Nnamdi is going to cost and he is more of a necessity for our young QB.

And get to work in signing players that actually will help this team.

Aso wouldn't?

I sort of agree, but getting Holmes signed has changed my view slightly. You can't deny that the idea of having two of the best CB's of this generation on either side of the field is appealing and I'd be absolutely fascinated to see how Ryan would play around that. It seems we are looking for an answer ASAP though, so it shouldn't drag out and leave us out of options.

if Aso does not sign I would much rather see the Jets get Joseph than Cromartie...... sign Edwards and possibly another weapon on offense as well maybe cut LT and sign a threat out of the back field. I really like LT but we have to be real about this.

Archived