Nnamdi Asomugha Thread: MERGED

MikeJetsWord

Cro was great when stepping in for revis and even while revis was having a tough time early on. He was responsible for a handful of wins last season. I think we had the best cb duo last year once revis shook his injuries.

The problem with Cro is that he couldnt tackle my 7 year old daughter.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's a jet. He can come here and win a ring. He cant do that in houston or san fran.

Huh?

If the Texans sign Asomugha, they'll be just as good if not better than the Jets.

I do agree with you that SF has no shot whatsoever, with or without Asomugha.

Disagree.. this improves the team dramatically if he comes on board. If not, you sign cro. You have to take a shot to get this done.

I agree. But, how long do you let this go? I mean, the Dolphins are making moves to get better, the Pats are making moves to get better, and we're a step worse on paper (Sanchez improvement changes that). But, we lost Brad Smith because of the Nnamdi mess, which is fine, but what happens when Cro and Braylon are gone too? That's my fear.

Answer me a few questions .. if BE is gone and Brad Smith is gone whos stepping in at WR and Kick returner ? Are you ok with Holmes and Cotch at WR ? Who will be our big target in the red zone ? These things neeed to be addressed and I really dont need to take a chill pill Im just addressing what this team needs what exactly is wrong with that ?

Nothing wrong with it - I tend to worry about that which I can control. This is not something I have any control over, nor do any of us, so I was just trying to add some "chill out" perspective.

Yesterday it was: Jets make offer to Aso = YAY!!!! We are the best! REX <3!!!!

Today its: Jets still waiting, Patriots acquire Haynesworth and OCHO = WTF is taking the Jets so long? Everythying they do is wrong!!! The sky is falling!!!! WAHHHHHH!!!!

Not specifically from you .... but just about everyone. Its just silly.

I trust the front office.

The problem with Cro is that he couldnt tackle my 7 year old daughter.

Yeah but I doubt your daughter could jump 11 feet up in the air to break up a pass.

Btw, far as I know, open field tackling isn't Aso's forte, he definitely isn't the tackler that Revis is.

Answer me a few questions .. if BE is gone and Brad Smith is gone whos stepping in at WR and Kick returner ?

Don't forget the new rule that moves up kickoffs by 5 yards... KR just moved to the least important position on the team.

While getting Asomugha would be great, can someone please tell who is going to rush the QB ?

Especially if Ellis leaves.

I really hope the Jets have Cullen Jenkins or Ray Edwards on their radar. To me on the Jets biggest issues last season was when teams figured out a way to handle Rex's overload blitz packages, they had very little answer in the way of generating a pass rush even with Revis and Cro manning the corners.

If they sign Asomugha they still are going to have find someone out there who can get some consistant pressure on the QB.

As far as the offense and Braylon is concerned. Edwards won me over last year but the biggest concern I have is that he did it in his walk year. If he gets a new deal are we going ot get the Edwards who seem to make big play after big play last year or are we going to get the Edwards that would make a great play and then have a ball doink off his helmet or go right through his hands like he did in Cleveland and at times in 09 with the Jets.

Edwards wants to be here. I think the Jets want him here. I know probably about 90% of the fan base wants him back. It is just going to be at what cost.

Hopefully, Braylon waits and sees what happens with Asomugha before making a deal. If he goes to Washington I have a feeling he is going to be a very unhappy camper there.

Nothing wrong with it - I tend to worry about that which I can control. This is not something I have any control over, nor do any of us, so I was just trying to add some "chill out" perspective.

Yesterday it was: Jets make offer to Aso = YAY!!!! We are the best! REX <3!!!!

Today its: Jets still waiting, Patriots acquire Haynesworth and OCHO = WTF is taking the Jets so long? Everythying they do is wrong!!! The sky is falling!!!! WAHHHHHH!!!!

Not specifically from you .... but just about everyone. Its just silly.

I trust the front office.

Its sad, we finally have a competent FO and we are still bunch of chicken littles.

While getting Asomugha would be great, can someone please tell who is going to rush the QB ?

Especially if Ellis leaves.

I really hope the Jets have Cullen Jenkins or Ray Edwards on their radar. To me on the Jets biggest issues last season was when teams figured out a way to handle Rex's overload blitz packages, they had very little answer in the way of generating a pass rush even with Revis and Cro manning the corners.

Is Ray Edwards even really good or was he banking off being the 4 guy to worry about?

And the talk about we dont get pressure is a myth. True we dont have a pure pass rusher, but we were still 8th in the league in sacks, a whole 8 sacks behind league leading Steelers.

Please, that wasnt my evidence to support my position. He's a good little player, perfect for the slot, and ST...who cares how much he weighs? Are you really using that? FTR, he's 5'10, 192.

He's extremely versatile. He's had 10 receiving, 2 rushing, 1 passing, TD and is a serious threat in the return game.

I'm surprised you dont know about him being the GM extraordinaire that you are. Read his bio I posted, he's a good player.

Settle down JIF I was messing with you. lol

Last year Edwards dropped more passes than he caught, especially in the Championship game. He can go and never return.

Really ? better check your stats. better also realize we would not have been in the chanpionship game without the great catch he made in the game vs the colts.

Huh?

If the Texans sign Asomugha, they'll be just as good if not better than the Jets.

I do agree with you that SF has no shot whatsoever, with or without Asomugha.

ROFLMAO!!! You are aware that they missed the playoffs last season while we were in the AFC title game right? Hahaha dumbass :lol:

and as soon as Asomugha signs I can't wait for the guys that will come on here and say "how come you're happy now that we got Nnamdi?". Well we can put that one to rest before you waste your thoughts: we are Jets fans and we are not frigging idiots-we know when a player is great.

According to the Newark Star-Ledger, the Bucs have been a stealthy contender for free agent Nnamdi Asomugha.

It's not clear just when the Bucs entered the race, though it is worth noting that their name appeared just as the Texans dropped out. The Jets are widely considered the favorites, and they are reportedly asking for a decision by the end of the night. The Niners may up the ante as well after losing out on Johnathan Joseph

According to the Newark Star-Ledger, the Bucs have been a stealthy contender for free agent Nnamdi Asomugha.

It's not clear just when the Bucs entered the race, though it is worth noting that their name appeared just as the Texans dropped out. The Jets are widely considered the favorites, and they are reportedly asking for a decision by the end of the night. The Niners may up the ante as well after losing out on Johnathan Joseph

sorry man he'll be a jet. And I cant wait. :)

Archived