Nnamdi Asomugha Thread: MERGED

MikeJetsWord

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CharlieBurkNYC Charlie Burkowitz

morning update: my sources say the aso deal will be announced shortly. no time estimates, but soon. 6 years #nfl #jets

5 minutes ago

Translation: Maybe if I make my darts thrown at the board even more general and ambiguous, I can still gain some credibility if my guesses come true.

CharlieBurkNYC Charlie Burkowitz

morning update: my sources say the aso deal will be announced shortly. no time estimates, but soon. 6 years #nfl #jets

5 minutes ago

Announcing the deal in 6 years doesn't seem like it's very soon.

There's an old stock scam where you pick a stock, and send out emails to thousands of people, half predicting it to go up, the other half predicting it to go down. Once the stock moves, you take the half you were right with and do it again with another stock, each time cutting your list in half. Assuming you start with 16,000 names, after three iterations, you have 2,000 people who believe you correctly predicted three straight stocks perfectly and are ready to buy whatever you are selling.

People can do the same thing with Twitter today. Set up a few accounts, make some bold predictions (Aso will sign with Jets for 6 years, Aso will sign with Texans for 5 years, etc.) and one of them is going to make you look like you know something. Boom....10,000 followers overnight.

Not saying that's what's happening here, but if anyone wants to be the next incarcerated bob, that's the way to win teh internet.

@michaelombardi Michael Lombardi

Just updated the Nnamdi situation--49ers telling people they are out..Right now, Dallas and Jets, Ryan brothers are battling. Stay tuned

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Yes, I used to be a wrestler...how do you think I've developed my sources? By the way, I go by Charlie Burk now because it's an infinitely more marketable name in terms of sports reporting than Burkowitz, especially because I don't look like a Burkowitz.

I don't even know why I felt the need to tell you guys that, but in the interest of full disclosure...

You kidding? we got this guy Adam-Schein_20100127220721_0_0.JPG

i just saw on cowboys board that aso has agreed to a deal with the cowboys. 4 years/73 mil, 39 mil guaranteed

They can keep him and the JETS might as well trade Revis before he wants a deal like that..

Archived