Nnamdi Asomugha Thread: MERGED

MikeJetsWord

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You go all out to get the Free Agents you want. Sometimes it doesn't work out, but you can't get the top players if you hedge your bets. My guess is that the Jets pressed Aso for a decision, and he either didn't have one or wanted more money than we were able/willing to pay him.

My concern is did the way this was handled hurt a relationship with Braylon if they were to bring him back. The guy can be a head case, but he seemed to really want to be a Jet and then got spurned by us initially.

You go all out to get the Free Agents you want. Sometimes it doesn't work out, but you can't get the top players if you hedge your bets. My guess is that the Jets pressed Aso for a decision, and he either didn't have one or wanted more money than we were able/willing to pay him.

My concern is did the way this was handled hurt a relationship with Braylon if they were to bring him back. The guy can be a head case, but he seemed to really want to be a Jet and then got spurned by us initially.

No, Braylon knows this is a business.

Rex looks foolish now. Let him go to Dallas, and win nothing there.

Won't look foolish if we bring back Cro + Braylon despite everyone telling us that would be impossible. If they don't get Aso, I can forgive them, as long as Braylon and random CB#2 are a part of that...

A greedy douche? How? What did you think he was going to do? Your hate is absurd...Nnamdi played the market knowing damn well what he was doing.

Rex got played a fool....this chase was an utter waste of time...he would have signed 4 days ago if he wanted to be here.

Are you BPs alterego? You do whatever you can to put the best team on the field. That's all Rex was trying to do., you know... His ******* job.

Nnamdi was using the Jets to drive up his price, with the Jets out I think the asking price will drop as nobody will want to pay a corner that much. Maybe in a week the Jets sign him for several million less than his current ask. Braylon won't break the bank and then Cro can be played off of Aso and just sign the better deal. If a few million gets shaved off of Cro even better.

Not only that, but look at how Revis acted during this thing. He was all for Nnamdi, and never mentioned wanting Cro back once.

Nnamdi was using the Jets to drive up his price, with the Jets out I think the asking price will drop as nobody will want to pay a corner that much. Maybe in a week the Jets sign him for several million less than his current ask. Braylon won't break the bank and then Cro can be played off of Aso and just sign the better deal. If a few million gets shaved off of Cro even better.

Agree

Are you BPs alterego? You do whatever you can to put the best team on the field. That's all Rex was trying to do., you know... His ******* job.

I love Rex, but this chase was absurd.

Nnamdi is going to wait as long as possible and take the highest bidder. It could still be the Pats for all we know.

wtf! now Nnamdis agents just said dallas is out of the race! wtf!

Seriously? Sounds like the agents may have overplayed their hand going for the last dollar. We'll know for sure if he has new representation tomorrow.

Archived