Nnamdi Asomugha Thread: MERGED

MikeJetsWord

I'm less interested in Cro at $9M than I am in Aso at $12M. Jets do not need a #1 CB at #1 CB money as their #2 CB.

What are Chris Carr or Josh Wilson gonna sign for? Either one would be an excellent addition.

I think Cro is in for a rude awakening when it comes to contract offers.

in our terms of your thinking,i beleive both will require more money than you want to spend.i disagree with cromartie.he can fit some teams game plan to a tee.i can see him getting 10m.but who knows

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has been in the back of my mind... I am worried signing Harris could be tougher than people think...

He accepted and signed his tender prior to the lockout, the only reason they didn't do it a year ago is because they were not allowed to by rule and he understood that and was a good soldier while Revis was holding out. The guy wants to be a Jet. Doing a longterm deal with Harris might be the easiest thing Tanny does this offseason.

Sometimes I wonder if some of you guys even follow this team.

He accepted and signed his tender prior to the lockout, the only reason they didn't do it a year ago is because they were not allowed to by rule and he understood that and was a good soldier while Revis was holding out. The guy wants to be a Jet. Doing a longterm deal with Harris might be the easiest thing Tanny does this offseason.

So you think he will just say OK and take less than the steady 8 million per year Scott is raking in?

yes,he is a good soldier and wants to be a jet.he also want $8m per just like his buddy who he is better than.i could see some complications.

also,if there was ever an argument that paying 2 #1 corners is insane,i can make a better one that paying 2 8m inside linebackers is even more insane

yes,he is a good soldier and wants to be a jet.he also want $8m per just like his buddy who he is better than.i could see some complications.

also,if there was ever an argument that paying 2 #1 corners is insane,i can make a better one that paying 2 8m inside linebackers is even more insane

Yes, because Rex Ryan, who ran this same defense in Baltimore with Ray Lewis and Bart Scott, wouldn't possibly see the value in having two great ILBs in his 3-4 defense, especially when he doesn't have a dominant NT. :rolleyes:

Yes, because Rex Ryan, who ran this same defense in Baltimore with Ray Lewis and Bart Scott, wouldn't possibly see the value in having two great ILBs in his 3-4 defense, especially when he doesn't have a dominant NT. :rolleyes:

Having, yes. Paying, no. The Ravens had two great middle linebackers for a while because Scott was a UDFA and therefore cheap. We had two for a while because Harris was a second-round pick and therefore cheap. Once they both cost, one of them goes.

Having, yes. Paying, no. The Ravens had two great middle linebackers for a while because Scott was a UDFA and therefore cheap. We had two for a while because Harris was a second-round pick and therefore cheap. Once they both cost, one of them goes.

So that's why the Jets franchise tagged Harris and not Santonio or Braylon. :rolleyes:

No, they tagged him because he's the one they wanted to make sure didn't leave.

when you get a chance,ask rex who would he rather have.nnamdi & revis or scott & lewis.while you are at it ask him if he would rather lewis,scott,and 2 coners that need safety help or revis,nnamdin and 2 chumps in the middle. :smirks ear to ear:

this entire post is one way thinking crap

I agree. The realistic way of thinking lol. Everyone keeps having these wet dreams of the best CB tandem in the league (and we are ALREADY that with Cro and Revis), but if its not financially viable, then it's not. There's no reason to have the 2 best CBs on the same team. We should have a #1 and #2 and pay them accordingly. Tanny is smarter than that.

So that's why the Jets franchise tagged Harris and not Santonio or Braylon. :rolleyes:

could be.but maybe they tagged him because they knew holmes & cro are gone,braylon will give a discount

The main problem with signing Aso or any other CB to big money is the fact that Revis will def hold out in 2 years as he only will be making 8 mill a year, and will give the Jets the big ole **** off don't care about the front loaded money I deserved that and now I deserve more than the guy playing next to me.

I agree. The realistic way of thinking lol. Everyone keeps having these wet dreams of the best CB tandem in the league (and we are ALREADY that with Cro and Revis), but if its not financially viable, then it's not. There's no reason to have the 2 best CBs on the same team. We should have a #1 and #2.

listen,i am all for not making a run at nnamdi if it will cost the jets a starting wide receiver and a right takle.but if the jets can get sanchez 1 decent weapon and sure up the right takle position(possible hunter on ther cheap),the jets should and will make a run at nnamdi

i can see the headlines already..REVIS ISLAND & AWSOMEWAH!!!!!WELCOME TO OFFENSIVE PURGATORY

when you get a chance,ask rex who would he rather have.nnamdi & revis or scott & lewis.while you are at it ask him if he would rather lewis,scott,and 2 coners that need safety help or revis,nnamdin and 2 chumps in the middle. :smirks ear to ear:

So you want me to ask a guy who built his reputation as a DC by building a defense around one of, if not the single, most dominant inside LBers of all time how he would choose to build a D?

Seeing as he is a 3-4 guy one would automatically assume he values a great NT above all else.

There are any number of reasons why we tagged Harris and not Holmes or Edwards and none of them have anything to do with whether as a general proposition it's a good idea to pay two inside linebackers 8M a year. Has anybody even actually done that before?

The main problem with signing Aso or any other CB to big money is the fact that Revis will def hold out in 2 years as he only will be making 8 mill a year, and will give the Jets the big ole **** off don't care about the front loaded money I deserved that and now I deserve more than the guy playing next to me.

i think you are damned if you do or damned if you dont with revis.he has proven to be an egotistical and greedy,although very talented player.deosnt matter where nnamdi signs

So you want me to ask a guy who built his reputation as a DC by building a defense around one of, if not the single, most dominant inside LBers of all time how he would choose to build a D?

Seeing as he is a 3-4 guy one would automatically assume he values a great NT above all else.

i think he is better off building a d behind the best corner back to ever play the game.i think rex would agree.

pass happy league nowa days.

listen,i am all for not making a run at nnamdi if it will cost the jets a starting wide receiver and a right takle.but if the jets can get sanchez 1 decent weapon and sure up the right takle position(possible hunter on ther cheap),the jets should and will make a run at nnamdi

i can see the headlines already..REVIS ISLAND & AWSOMEWAH!!!!!WELCOME TO OFFENSIVE PURGATORY

what about the name "no fly zone" for revis and aso

Oh. Snap.

has tanny ever wanted a guy and not fit him into the cap?there was talk last year about a deal being in place for nnamdi before they got revis.BS? maybe.but if true, you gotta beleive nnamdi is on the jets radar.

I agree. The realistic way of thinking lol. Everyone keeps having these wet dreams of the best CB tandem in the league (and we are ALREADY that with Cro and Revis), but if its not financially viable, then it's not. There's no reason to have the 2 best CBs on the same team. We should have a #1 and #2 and pay them accordingly. Tanny is smarter than that.

yes,tanny is smart.so is rex.cromartie is no lockdown corner by any strech of the imagination.he is a good #2 corner.add revis(best ever)and a good number 2,and yes you have the best corner duo in league.no question.is cromartie even comparable to nnamdi? not in this life time.

i get the whole spend money wisely bit.i do.i also get that safties and a pass rush are a real need.what you dont get that signing nnamdi eliminates the need for both.

decent safety-5m

decent #2 corner 6m

decent pass rusher 7m

nnamdi-12 13m. if he cant be had for that. move on to plan b

eric smith-cheap

diggs-cheap

nnamdi & revis will eliminate the deep threats ,greatly shortening the field for lowery,diggs,and smith to cover.all 3 are tweeners and are better suited double covering tight ends,slots,and rb's and stuffing the run & rushing the passer.no need to have either 3 covering half the field where they do not excell.now they play 15 yards in where they will excell(or as my theory tells me anyways)

who?

Names or it didn't happen? It's neither possible nor necessary to come up with specific players who Tannenbaum would have liked to have signed at some point over the last five years but was precluded from doing so by the salary cap (impossible mostly because in most such instances we just wouldn't have bothered going after the guy in the first place so there wouldn't be real evidence of interest you could point to in hindsight). Numbers and rules are actual things. The cap doesn't just cease to exist as a constraint because the GM knows how to balance a ledger.

Names or it didn't happen? It's neither possible nor necessary to come up with specific players who Tannenbaum would have liked to have signed at some point over the last five years but was precluded from doing so by the salary cap (impossible mostly because in most such instances we just wouldn't have bothered going after the guy in the first place so there wouldn't be real evidence of interest you could point to in hindsight). Numbers and rules are actual things. The cap doesn't just cease to exist as a constraint because the GM knows how to balance a ledger.

i am talking real interest,not what ifs

Still doesn't change the FACT that signing Nnamdi does not eliminate the need for a stronger pass rush or better safety play.

how does having extra guys on the field,not having deep responsibilities,not help the safety and pass rush? you now have 2 guys doing the job of one.i dont get it

yes,tanny is smart.so is rex.cromartie is no lockdown corner by any strech of the imagination.he is a good #2 corner.add revis(best ever)and a good number 2,and yes you have the best corner duo in league.no question.is cromartie even comparable to nnamdi? not in this life time.

He is better than a #2, but yeah, he's not as good as Nmandi. But that's the thing. We don't need 2 Revises. We ALREADY have the best tandem in the league without Nmandi. It's absolutely unnecessary and not worth the money it would take.

And why are people saying that Revis is definitely holding out next year. That's not going to happen. He's already the highest paid, and only reason he is, is because Nmandi was given a ridiculously absurd deal by the idiots in Oakland. If Revis is holding out next year, then please get rid of him now and sign Asa for cheaper and make him our #1.

how does having extra guys on the field,not having deep responsibilities,not help the safety and pass rush? you now have 2 guys doing the job of one.i dont get it

Because those two guys aren't infallible and they can still only cover two guys. What happens when a team goes five wide and we don't have the personnel to match up?

You simply don't need someone with Nnamdi's cover skills (and price tag) to cover #2 wideouts. A solid cover corner who can do what Cro can't (play physical bump & run off the line) who costs significantly less would be just as valuable and give the Jets the flexibility to improve other areas that need it as well.

He is better than a #2, but yeah, he's not as good as Nmandi. But that's the thing. We don't need 2 Revises. We ALREADY have the best tandem in the league without Nmandi. It's absolutely unnecessary and not worth the money it would take.

And why are people saying that Revis is definitely holding out next year. That's not going to happen. He's already the highest paid, and only reason he is, is because Nmandi was given a ridiculously absurd deal by the idiots in Oakland. If Revis is holding out next year, then please get rid of him now and sign Asa for cheaper and make him our #1.

Cro ain't coming back period. He's looking for as much scratch as he can get to feed his 436 kids and the Jets ain't gonna give him 10-12 mil a year.

Because those two guys aren't infallible and they can still only cover two guys. What happens when a team goes five wide and we don't have the personnel to match up?

You simply don't need someone with Nnamdi's cover skills (and price tag) to cover #2 wideouts. A solid cover corner who can do what Cro can't (play physical bump & run off the line) who costs significantly less would be just as valuable and give the Jets the flexibility to improve other areas that need it as well.

5 wide?i think that would be next to impossible.it is still a 9 against 3 game

Archived