Some tweets from The Hanger

flgreen

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I actually kinda like Eric Smith. He's no great every down safety by any stretch, but he's not afraid to stick his head in there on specials or down at the goal line. He's almost a LB/S hybrid in that regard. Not a bad body to have on the roster.

Plus, he's a gritty, heady, lunch pail type. Can never have enough of those. :)

Jets' interest in Nnamdi Asomugha (and a dream pairing with Revis) is real interesting. Remember, Nnamdi played 5 yrs for Rex's brother Rob.

I do think this about Nnamdi -- Winning is important this time around. And I believe he'd sacrifice some money for the right situation.

Both from Albert Breer

From Lions beat reporter Tom Kowalski on the Nnamdi situation:

"@anandsalem1108: @TomKowalski36 thoughts on the jets contacting asomugha?? #sickcornerbacktandem" {} That's where he wants to go

clearly from multiple sources, he wants to play here heres to hoping he is up to taking a significant paycut.

I don't follow him but I hear incarcerated bob is throwing more sh*t at the wall and hoping it sticks by reporting Holmes has agreed to terms with the Jets.

I'm posting this so when u see non trusted reports that's where it's coming from

I actually kinda like Eric Smith. He's no great every down safety by any stretch, but he's not afraid to stick his head in there on specials or down at the goal line. He's almost a LB/S hybrid in that regard. Not a bad body to have on the roster.

Plus, he's a gritty, heady, lunch pail type. Can never have enough of those. :)

Honestly, I only have one very specific issue with him, it just so happens to be a MAAAAAAJOR issue. Never in my entire life, have I seen an NFL player who falls down on his ******* face as much as Eric Smith. The guy has gotten juked out of his shows in coverage against FULLBACKS! It's really rather ridiculous and frankly, with a team having as weak with their safety coverage as the Jets are, he's the last thing that they need. I'd just as soon keep around Ihedigbo who's even better on ST than Smith and can do pretty much all of the same lack-of-coverage safety crap that Smith can.

Guest Jpf4671

I don't follow him but I hear incarcerated bob is throwing more sh*t at the wall and hoping it sticks by reporting Holmes has agreed to terms with the Jets.

I'm posting this so when u see non trusted reports that's where it's coming from

That's classic,Bob most likely saw the Cimini tweet about a deal within 48 hours and jumped it,then he'll claim it as his own if it actually happens. I can't believe he has me sticking up for Cimini.

Honestly, I only have one very specific issue with him, it just so happens to be a MAAAAAAJOR issue. Never in my entire life, have I seen an NFL player who falls down on his ******* face as much as Eric Smith. The guy has gotten juked out of his shows in coverage against FULLBACKS! It's really rather ridiculous and frankly, with a team having as weak with their safety coverage as the Jets are, he's the last thing that they need. I'd just as soon keep around Ihedigbo who's even better on ST than Smith and can do pretty much all of the same lack-of-coverage safety crap that Smith can.

You know I love this...he's doodoo...though he did step up and play well down the stretch.

RE the tweet reports, I'm stoked on hearing Holmes, Cro and Hunter... disappointed that its doesnt sound like they have a chance to get BE too.

@adamschefter and @pft

Reporting Ike Taylor agrees to 4 year deal with Pitt

Would like to see numbers most in the know rank him 3rd in FA CB's behind Aso, and Joseph, see where markets at

Everyone no reporting this Glazer, and LaCanfora on board to.

Same 4 confirm McNabb trade is done for two 6th round picks

So apparently the Jets have no plans on counting on Kyle Wilson to start. That's now Asomugha, Cromartie, Buchanon and Florence who the Jets have all been in touch with just today, that we know of. Tanny certainly was well prepared for all of this, and it looks like the Jets may be looking to lock up their other positions of immediate need first, namely RT and CB, allowing them to go full force on WR after, which is also the area they're likely to be spending the most money (barring an Asomugha mega-contract, which I just can't see). Granted part of the hold-up is they're obviously waiting on Holmes, but there's no doubt that they have to have a variety of different backup plans for a position for which they are potentially losing 3 of their top 4 players. Should be interesting to see how these next few days play out. Also curious to see if the Jets communications with Edwards will be based on waiting to hear a ruling tomorrow, or if they are really in an either/or situation with Holmes and Edwards, and want an answer from Holmes first (which I really hope isn't the case, as I'd love to get back both).

You know I love this...he's doodoo...though he did step up and play well down the stretch.

RE the tweet reports, I'm stoked on hearing Holmes, Cro and Hunter... disappointed that its doesnt sound like they have a chance to get BE too.

Yeah, Smith did step it up down the stretch, but it's one of those situations that I'd really rather not have the Jets counting on him to do that again, after playing like that for only a few games in his 5 years here.

As far as Edwards, I'm still holding out hope they want both guys back, and are simply waiting to hear back on the results of Edwards hearing first. Or maybe just wanting to make sure that they lock up Holmes and a #2 CB first before making sure they have enough money to do Braylon's deal. A guy can hope, right?

TheJetsStream Manish Mehta

RT @ProFootballTalk Chargers, Jets chasing LB Antwan Barnes wp.me/p14QSB-AX7

1 minute ago

Huh, interesting. He played a few years for Rex, so if they're really chasing after him you've got to trust that could only mean good things about Rex's opinion of him. You'd imagine it's only a depth signing, but if Rex thinks highly enough who knows if it could ultimately be a replacement for BT.

So apparently the Jets have no plans on counting on Kyle Wilson to start. That's now Asomugha, Cromartie, Buchanon and Florence who the Jets have all been in touch with just today, that we know of. Tanny certainly was well prepared for all of this, and it looks like the Jets may be looking to lock up their other positions of immediate need first, namely RT and CB, allowing them to go full force on WR after, which is also the area they're likely to be spending the most money (barring an Asomugha mega-contract, which I just can't see). Granted part of the hold-up is they're obviously waiting on Holmes, but there's no doubt that they have to have a variety of different backup plans for a position for which they are potentially losing 3 of their top 4 players. Should be interesting to see how these next few days play out. Also curious to see if the Jets communications with Edwards will be based on waiting to hear a ruling tomorrow, or if they are really in an either/or situation with Holmes and Edwards, and want an answer from Holmes first (which I really hope isn't the case, as I'd love to get back both).

I think the Jets are pro-actively gauging the market, before contracts get signed. There is no way they are coming into this year with Wilson as the 2nd best CB. We are probably losing Cro and Drew Coleman right? With Lowery now listed as a safety... we need bodies.

I think the Jets are pro-actively gauging the market, before contracts get signed. There is no way they are coming into this year with Wilson as the 2nd best CB. We are probably losing Cro and Drew Coleman right? With Lowery now listed as a safety... we need bodies.

Agree on the market, which is definitely a smart way to be playing it as far as I'm concerned. As far as CBs go, I think there's a solid chance Coleman gets brought back. He's not going to cost a whole lot, but knows the system and played solid last year. He's just not going to be a particular priority for them to go after just yet. That said, if they have a few guys who they like and target that they think they can afford to all bring in then that could very well be the end of him as well.

You NEED more than 2 decent corners. They don't need Asomugha, but they need somebody. You can't have just 2 guys that even have a chance of starting. How many teams go 3 wide?

So what do u think, worst case scenario Revis Wilson Florence, best case if Holmes goes elsewhere, Revis Aso Wilson Florence.

That could be Tanny's strategy if we lose out on Holmes go all in on DB

Honestly, I think in the worst case scenario, our #2 is going to be better than Wilson or Florence. Think it will be Cro or Aso.

I think the Ape said it right, they are testing the market, but I aslo think that the D we were playing during the post season against the elite QB's who spread it out, we are going to see a lot more of...and I think we proactively trying to make sure we have the right CB in place to deploy those D's.

Honestly, I think in the worst case scenario, our #2 is going to be better than Wilson or Florence. Think it will be Cro or Aso.

I think the Ape said it right, they are testing the market, but I aslo think that the D we were playing during the post season against the elite QB's who spread it out, we are going to see a lot more of...and I think we proactively trying to make sure we have the right CB in place to deploy those D's.

I also think that the Jets are looking to add more than just 1 CB. Today they've been linked to Phillip Buchanon already. In my opinion, they are shopping for a minimum of 2 CBs, as they should be. One to start opposite of Revis, and another because we've got NO depth at the position right now.

Revis, Cro/Aso, Florence, Wilson + depth. In other words, if Drew Coleman is coming back, its not as our 3rd best corner. Which is a good think IMO.

This is the best argument I've seen so far for going all in on Nnamdi instead of signing a Florence or one of the Ravens' CBs,

You NEED more than 2 decent corners. They don't need Asomugha, but they need somebody. You can't have just 2 guys that even have a chance of starting. How many teams go 3 wide?

Definietly agreed, bu I don't think that necesarily means they still need to sign multiple starting-caliber CBs, assuming that the Jets don't think every CB on their roster not named Revis is compeletely useless.

I also think that the Jets are looking to add more than just 1 CB. Today they've been linked to Phillip Buchanon already. In my opinion, they are shopping for a minimum of 2 CBs, as they should be. One to start opposite of Revis, and another because we've got NO depth at the position right now.

Revis, Cro/Aso, Florence, Wilson + depth. In other words, if Drew Coleman is coming back, its not as our 3rd best corner. Which is a good think IMO.

Absolutely...and going back to my post above...you cant run that D without depth at the CB position. We had Drew Coleman lining up that LOS in the playoffs. I wouldnt be surprised to see him back as well...further, I think we should. He was pretty damn clutch and obviously is familiar witht the D which I think is invaluable considering the lack of practice time teams have now.

Archived