Jets and Texans front runners for Nnamdi

Untouchable

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then why isn't the Raiders secondary consistently the best in the league? Like I said, you can get around one corner, it takes a lot more than that to be an effective secondary. Teams would just pick on Kareem Jackson and Glover Quinn if the Texans signed Nnamdi. He makes them better, yeah definitely, but doesn't make them Super Bowl contenders. How do we know that Mario Williams is going to translate into an OLB at 290 pounds? I think that's a bad move.

Good post. Keep you fin up.

Shouldn't you be on FinHeaven right now, discussing who your choice to replace Henne is - Kyle Orton or Vince Young? :rl:

I've been on there all week. Only so many posts to go around. Are you guys still calling Mark Sanchez a championship caliber quarterback?

no it doesn't. Players actually want to play for the Jets. Still waiting for the first player to come out and say they want to play for the Dolphins. Now hush up and keep your fin up.

I'd much rather be discussing whether or not my team should sign the number 1 free agent available after he's stated an interest in playing for them than how is the J-Lo/Marc Anthony divorce going to throw my team's prospects into upheaval. :rl:

I've been on there all week. Only so many posts to go around. Are you guys still calling Mark Sanchez a championship caliber quarterback?

John Beck, Chad Henne, etc....

Is there a sh*tty QB Dolphins fans won't fall in love with?

Compared to the typical Dolphins starting QB the last decade or so, Sanchez is Joe friggin' Montana.

This would mean Edwards, Holmes and, obviously, Cromartie are gone. Brad Smith is already gone. It also means the Jets can probably only sign a couple of vets at minimum and a bunch of UDFAs. Would if give them the best cornerback duo probably ever? Yes. But you can game plan around corners. Please do put 1/4 of your team's money into the same position. That would make me happy.

You don't know the Jets cap situation they are 8 million under WITHOUT cuts restructures, and using the special 2011 cap rules which add 3.5-7 million in cap space, so go to ghayheaven and discuss Henne or Orton with the rest of your ghey compadres!

If you offered Ghandi the choice of $8 million or $16 million, Ghandi's snatching up that $16 milly.

It's also Aso's last big payday. He's not leaving it on the table so he can take a few acting courses at the Learning Annex.

I don't think Aso is getting 16 mil from anyone... I'm talking about the difference being a couple million over the life of the deal.

Lebron could have made 8 million more in Cleveland but he bolted for South Beach. I've been told the Jets are the Heat of the NFL.

I don't think Aso is getting 16 mil from anyone... I'm talking about the difference being a couple million over the life of the deal.

Lebron could have made 8 million more in Cleveland but he bolted for South Beach. I've been told the Jets are the Heat of the NFL.

I hope not. That means we have sh*tty fans who need to be told how to root for the team and we'll never win a Super Bowl.

no it doesn't. Players actually want to play for the Jets. Still waiting for the first player to come out and say they want to play for the Dolphins. Now hush up and keep your fin up.

This is't baseball, genius, you can't just spend an unlimited amount of money on whoever you want. The Jets are already over the cap. Nnamdi would get Revis money (over 12 million per year, not sure his yearly figure with signing bonus.) So this means you are going put yourselves 20 million over the cap. Obviously Cromartie would be gone, Holmes is going to get a huge offer from the Redskins, you can only afford table scraps, Edwards will want to get paid, you'll still have to clear 20 MILLION before you can even be legally under cap. Good luck figuring that one out.

John Beck, Chad Henne, etc....

Is there a sh*tty QB Dolphins fans won't fall in love with?

Compared to the typical Dolphins starting QB the last decade or so, Sanchez is Joe friggin' Montana.

Oh god, what do you think is worse to discuss, the football lockout and the possibility of no season, or the prospects of Henne, Orton, Young as your next qb?

I don't think Aso is getting 16 mil from anyone...

We'll see about that, brother. There's about $300 million in cash that HAS TO be spent on free agents within the next week to get a bunch of teams up to the salary floor. With no big QBs on the market, some team is going to offer it to Nnamdi. Will he say no? WILL HE ?!!

You don't know the Jets cap situation they are 8 million under WITHOUT cuts restructures, and using the special 2011 cap rules which add 3.5-7 million in cap space, so go to ghayheaven and discuss Henne or Orton with the rest of your ghey compadres!

Well if that's true, you'd tie up all of your cap into Asomugha. No Holmes, no Edwards, no Cromartie in that case. And then your pass rushers are still Bryan Thomas, Calvin Pace and Jason Taylor. You have no depth up front either. Also have to sign your rookies and fill out the rest of your roster. If the Jets try to put a plug on Asomugha, they're doomed for roster problems for the length of both he and Revis' contract. It's really not that difficult to figure out.

This is't baseball, genius, you can't just spend an unlimited amount of money on whoever you want. The Jets are already over the cap. Nnamdi would get Revis money (over 12 million per year, not sure his yearly figure with signing bonus.) So this means you are going put yourselves 20 million over the cap. Obviously Cromartie would be gone, Holmes is going to get a huge offer from the Redskins, you can only afford table scraps, Edwards will want to get paid, you'll still have to clear 20 MILLION before you can even be legally under cap. Good luck figuring that one out.

Implied-Facepalm.jpg

I'm not sure what it means that we're both in such thorough agreement on this topic (and it's not particularly the popular opinion either). That's not exactly a common occurence.

Yes, it is new. But we're right, so we have that going for us.

I agree 100%, but what if he took a 3 year 30 million deal with only a 8 million cap hit in 2011, then what would you say, that's the only type scenario I see him coming here.

And then I think I'm on board

I'd like to see the Jets sign a #2 CB in the $4M/year range. There's just no reason to break the bank for a #2 CB. Just get a decent starter, and let the coaches

Don't think Nnamdi's signing for those numbers, anyway.

Two things, dipsh*t. The Jets aren't over the cap, moron. And don't insult the mods, particularly Crusher, dickface.

We'll see about that, brother. There's about $300 million in cash that HAS TO be spent on free agents within the next week to get a bunch of teams up to the salary floor. With no big QBs on the market, some team is going to offer it to Nnamdi. Will he say no? WILL HE ?!!

Money may be your god but that doesn't mean it's Aso's.

Call me a genius again and I will perma ban your a$$.

Understood we don;t have unlimited money. But, some players who have already made alot of money may go to a team that they want to play for. be it the coach, the market or a chance to win. Dolphins have none of that. Jets have it all.

I have nothing to figure out except how to get my wife to believe bacon shots for breakfast DO make good nutritional sense. Tanny will get us the best players possible for the money the same way he has for quite some time. Your team is in divorce court and will suck again this year.

Yes, it is new. But we're right, so we have that going for us.

I'd like to see the Jets sign a #2 CB in the $4M/year range. There's just no reason to break the bank for a #2 CB. Just get a decent starter, and let the coaches

Don't think Nnamdi's signing for those numbers, anyway.

I think that's the Jets real thinking to that's why Phillip Buchanon already tweeted that he had to decide between Jets and Skins

Oh god, what do you think is worse to discuss, the football lockout and the possibility of no season, or the prospects of Henne, Orton, Young as your next qb?

2010:

Kyle Orton: 7.3 YPA, 20 TDs, 9 INTs, 87.5 QB rating

Chad Henne: 6.7 YPA, 15 TDs, 19 INTs, 75.4 QB rating

Mark Sanchez: 6.5 YPA, 17 TDs, 13 INTs, 75.3 QB rating

Sounds like Sanchez is the worst of the three.

And maybe we could talk about Mark Sanchez having the most dropped interceptions in the NFL. Do you think that trend will continue forever?

http://www.windycitygridiron.com/2011/2/9/1984664/qbs-and-dropped-interceptions-mark-sanchez-leads-the-pack

Sanchez had 15 DROPPED INTs. No other quarterback had more than 8.

Yes, our quarterback blows, but at least we aren't pretending like he's some sort of godsend. Frankly, he's better than your quarterback.

I just listened to a radio report that Nnamdi is reportedly seeking a contract at a $20mil a year avg. Not to say he's going to get that, but I guarantee he's looking to one up Revis' deal. And some team is gonna give it to him.

Well if that's true, you'd tie up all of your cap into Asomugha. No Holmes, no Edwards, no Cromartie in that case. And then your pass rushers are still Bryan Thomas, Calvin Pace and Jason Taylor. You have no depth up front either. Also have to sign your rookies and fill out the rest of your roster. If the Jets try to put a plug on Asomugha, they're doomed for roster problems for the length of both he and Revis' contract. It's really not that difficult to figure out.

After restructuring cutting, Jets will have close to 30 million to spend like I said you don't know sh*t about the Jets financials so discuss something else, like who got the dog J-Lo or Mark.

What makes you think he'd command a similar contract to the one Revis got? Doesn't he drive like a 97' Nissan and spend a lot of time doing charity work? Doesn't sound like an especially greedy guy ala Revis.

My good friend Tom Shane already answered you on this. Plus, frugal guys often care more about money than the guys who spend big.

Then why isn't the Raiders secondary consistently the best in the league? Like I said, you can get around one corner, it takes a lot more than that to be an effective secondary. Teams would just pick on Kareem Jackson and Glover Quinn if the Texans signed Nnamdi. He makes them better, yeah definitely, but doesn't make them Super Bowl contenders. How do we know that Mario Williams is going to translate into an OLB at 290 pounds? I think that's a bad move.

Raiders with the #2 passing defense in the league: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/byteam?group=Defense&cat=Total&conference=NFL&year=season_2010&sort=1126&timeframe=

Not bad for a team that sucks overall.

I just listened to a radio report that Nnamdi is reportedly seeking a contract at a $20mil a year avg. Not to say he's going to get that, but I guarantee he's looking to one up Revis' deal. And some team is gonna give it to him.

Ok this sounds more like what I expected from him, and if true we can lock all Aso threads and move on.

2010:

Kyle Orton: 7.3 YPA, 20 TDs, 9 INTs, 87.5 QB rating

Chad Henne: 6.7 YPA, 15 TDs, 19 INTs, 75.4 QB rating

Mark Sanchez: 6.5 YPA, 17 TDs, 13 INTs, 75.3 QB rating

Sounds like Sanchez is the worst of the three.

And maybe we could talk about Mark Sanchez having the most dropped interceptions in the NFL. Do you think that trend will continue forever?

http://www.windycitygridiron.com/2011/2/9/1984664/qbs-and-dropped-interceptions-mark-sanchez-leads-the-pack

Sanchez had 15 DROPPED INTs. No other quarterback had more than 8.

Yes, our quarterback blows, but at least we aren't pretending like he's some sort of godsend. Frankly, he's better than your quarterback.

That's really funny. I remember when I was watching Mark Sanchez play in the AFC Championship Game the last two years... did Orton or Henne make the playoffs the last two years? Oh, that's right. :Nuts:

My good friend Tom Shane already answered you on this. Plus, frugal guys often care more about money than the guys who spend big.

Raiders with the #2 passing defense in the league: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/byteam?group=Defense&cat=Total&conference=NFL&year=season_2010&sort=1126&timeframe=

Not bad for a team that sucks overall.

That stat means nothing. When you have a bad run defense, you're passing defense will be better statistically beccause teams won't throw on you when they can just pound it down your throat. Vis versa applies as well.

I'm out of negative rep for the or I would have used it on this post.

Not only are in incredibly naive - YOU SUCK AT THIS GAME!

shhh.. I'm having fun.

Do you really think Namdi is going to get 20 mil a year? More than Brady? :rolleyes:

Archived