Does anyone see a parallel with Kotite?

Stonehands

Let me explain, Rich Kotite's second to last year with the Jets ended with a string of losses. Fans felt he had lost the team and a change was needed. Ownership (Leon Hess) remained squarely in Kotite's corner and felt that the team had some bad breaks and a bounce back would happen the following year. What followed was a 1 and 15 season and the end of Rich Kotite. I see the same thing looming for Herm Edwards and the Jets and I urge Woody Johnson to learn from history and not repeat it. Once your coach loses a team, there is no going back. END HERM'S TERM! END HERM'S TERM! END HERM'S TERM! :evil::evil::evil:

I don't see much of a parallel beyond the record.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj1996.htm

Kotite knew it had gone sour and that his career was basically over. There was something honest about his failure.He was tortured by everyone in the press. Bob page of MSG openly mocked him as "CLueless Kotite". And yet he quitely slipped away and didn't bother to curry the favor of some writers who might've taken up his cause. may be he wasn'as political as Edwards is.

Hermie by contrast has his press pass intact. Canizzaro campaigning for an extension alst week was as big a joke as I've ever seen in a NY newspaper. Even if you inexplicably like Edwards, he's under contract through 2007.

And Kotite didn't send his days waxing poetic to the media. And he certianly didn't put his agent up to planting nonsense about other NFL jobs. It would have been ludicrous, and Edwards' actions (and his agent is him for all practical purposes) was just as silly.

If you look at the record, the Jets had an offense and pretty much pissed games way late. There were blowouts. And he was a lousy head coach.But at least he didn't at the end pretend otherwise, that things were just wonderful.

I was comparing the fact that under Kotite the fans knew it was over before ownership did and it cost us a 1 and 15 season. I see Herm's situation as similar in that a lot of fans are now saying it is over for Herm and Woody apparently is going to keep him around. I see another 2 and 14 season or 3 and 13 looming unless we - END HERM'S TERM!!!

Archived