Braylon Edwards likely a goner

Jetsfan80

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Several teams should be interested in Braylon, I see the Colts, Pats and Saints all as possible destinations.

The main players reportedly in the mix for Braylon are Minnesota and Washington. The Skins want Sidney Rice more, however. if Washington lands Rice, the Vikings will swiftly go all in for Braylon. New England is a dark horse candidate.

Don't see New Orleans going after him after pumping money into Lance Moore.

stay positive men, this could mean they are closer to Namdi...

even saying that, will be sad to see Braylon elsewhere, really liked what he brought to the table. Maybe patrick turner could fill in in those jump ball/redzone spots? (obviously an enormous downgrade, but trying to be positive here)

If we weren't going to re-sign Braylon then why draft all those small receivers?

I had been wondering about that. My theory in this offseason was that if they thought Patrick Turner was "that guy" they might let Braylon go. I just didn't think the organization liked Patrick Turner that much. Now, I'm not so sure. Because I think if the route you were going to go was WR plus Aso then I would say it should be Braylon plus Aso, leaving you a bunch to sign all the lesser free agents.

I had been wondering about that. My theory in this offseason was that if they thought Patrick Turner was "that guy" they might let Braylon go. I just didn't think the organization liked Patrick Turner that much. Now, I'm not so sure. Because I think if the route you were going to go was WR plus Aso then I would say it should be Braylon plus Aso, leaving you a bunch to sign all the lesser free agents.

i think that means they are serious about moss

I got that impression too. He was the first guy to really make Rex look like a jackass.

Also got the impression (based on Cro's comments) that Braylon was a little too primadonna for Rex's tastes. Pretty consistent with his rep.

I had been wondering about that. My theory in this offseason was that if they thought Patrick Turner was "that guy" they might let Braylon go. I just didn't think the organization liked Patrick Turner that much. Now, I'm not so sure.

Patrick Turner played real snaps in running formations, he can run block, he can climb the ladder for jump balls. Is he as good as Braylon, no but he's not terrible. Also they signed Courtney Smith UDFA another big body they can develop, also a good run blocker.

welcome to 2007 sign the 5-9 Holmes to a 10 Mil per contract and dump the 6-3 target happy ******* days. Stupid

Holmes is 5'11". Lance Moore lists at a generous 5'9". :)

But I'm unhappy about losing Holmes to the greatest and most expensive #2 CB of all time.

Braylon was a luxury. I wanted him back too...but the priority was Holmes, which it should be and we locked him up long term.

I wish Braylon the best of luck. Dude won me over while he was here.

I'm not going to criticize anyone for second guessing the decisions, but personally, I'm just happy if we sign either Aso or Edwards.

I mean, we're either going to have unquestionably the best CB tandem in history or two #1 type receivers back in an offense they already know. They'll just run the ball more than last year and play even better defense. Sign me up for it. We could do a heck of a lot worse.

Archived