Braylon Edwards likely a goner

Jetsfan80

Also got the impression (based on Cro's comments) that Braylon was a little too primadonna for Rex's tastes. Pretty consistent with his rep.

I mean I think Rex has made a fine line between dealing with football personalities vs other personalities. No coincidence Braylon was boys with Rhodes.

I liked Braylon though, he's being a bit overrated right now, but I also dont expect him to kill it in Washington or Minny.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Patrick Turner played real snaps in running formations, he can run block, he can climb the ladder for jump balls. Is he as good as Braylon, no but he's not terrible. Also they signed Courtney Smith UDFA another big body they can develop, also a good run blocker.

Turner has 2 career catches. I know you have completely inexplicable blinding hatred for Braylon Edwards, but not even you are nearly blind enough to think Turner's even slightly capable of being his replacement.

I had been wondering about that. My theory in this offseason was that if they thought Patrick Turner was "that guy" they might let Braylon go. I just didn't think the organization liked Patrick Turner that much. Now, I'm not so sure. Because I think if the route you were going to go was WR plus Aso then I would say it should be Braylon plus Aso, leaving you a bunch to sign all the lesser free agents.

Letting Braylon Edwards go has less-than-zero to do with Patrick Turner.

but I also dont expect him to kill it in Washington or Minny.

I don't either, but that's primarily because he'll be catching balls from one of these four quarterbacks: John Beck (WAS), Donovan McNabb (MIN), Kellen Clemens (WAS), or Rex Grossman (WAS). Ouch.

This is the biggest disappointing i have had in terms of JETS players coming/going in years... ugh

Seriously?

Braylon Edwards?

I have to admit, the manlovelament for Edwards is a little...suprising.

Would have been nice to have him back, but he's just a #2 WR, and those aren't hard to find. And he was a very hot/cold #2 at that (his drops are as infamous as his big catches).

No point worrying till we see who the Jets line up at #2 WR next year. If it's Cotchery, then I might lament with you. If it's some as-yet-unknown, perhaps not.

Aso does more for us (if we get him) than either Cro or Edwards, on paper at least.

I mean I think Rex has made a fine line between dealing with football personalities vs other personalities. No coincidence Braylon was boys with Rhodes.

I liked Braylon though, he's being a bit overrated right now, but I also dont expect him to kill it in Washington or Minny.

Braylon makes me sad. In 2007, he was probably the best WR in football. Then he became B-Easy and he hasn't been the same since. He coasts, which I can see driving Rex nuts.

Holmes is 5'11". Lance Moore lists at a generous 5'9". :)

But I'm unhappy about losing Holmes to the greatest and most expensive #2 CB of all time.

Stop slats :P I told ya this is beyond lance moore. Losing Braylon who was our big target is a very stupid move. I would not have been happy with Lance / Cotch either Braylon always had to be in the equasion. Now Holmes the 10 million dollar 900 yard 5 td wonder gets double teamed every play and Cotch gets shut down. You mark my words this is a really bad move. This is stupid beyond belief

Randy Moss (TEN) – Moss has burned a few bridges already, but there will be a niche market for Randy Moss this year. Given the admiration Moss has shown for the Patriots organization, they’ll have the first crack, but I’d be shocked if anything materialized on that end. Rumors suggest Moss is in “freakish shape” and will return with a “chip on his shoulder.” If either of those hold true, he will be a bargain. It will take a stable locker room to bring that out in Moss.

Braylon makes me sad. In 2007, he was probably the best WR in football. Then he became B-Easy and he hasn't been the same since. He coasts, which I can see driving Rex nuts.

The 2007 Braylon might be the biggest anomaly in the history of football

Patrick Turner played real snaps in running formations, he can run block, he can climb the ladder for jump balls. Is he as good as Braylon, no but he's not terrible. Also they signed Courtney Smith UDFA another big body they can develop, also a good run blocker.

I saw him play in pre season in Miami. Guy sucked. maybe improved, but he sucked in two preseasons

This really doesn't bother me. I'm actually a bigger fan of the Randy Moss incentive laden contract rumor.

Holmes + a vengeful Moss who wants to shove it in Belli's face + Asomugha

Add in a couple role players, as needed.... and boom. I like this year's team a helluva lot more than last years.

I think last season is about the best we will have ever gotten from Braylon - and its not a knock on him - but I just don't see the point in over-paying him. Plus he's a knucklehead, you could see ripples of his knucklehead mentality in some of the younger players last year.

Sanchez will do fine developing chemistry with whoever they bring in at WR. Mark's proven that much.

Seriously?

Braylon Edwards?

I have to admit, the manlovelament for Edwards is a little...suprising.

Would have been nice to have him back, but he's just a #2 WR, and those aren't hard to find. And he was a very hot/cold #2 at that (his drops are as infamous as his big catches).

No point worrying till we see who the Jets line up at #2 WR next year. If it's Cotchery, then I might lament with you. If it's some as-yet-unknown, perhaps not.

Aso does more for us (if we get him) than either Cro or Edwards, on paper at least.

Holmes had more drops and fumbles than Braylon... Braylon dragged pats into the endzone... braylon set up Holmes for the winning TD against houston... Braylon allowed Rex to ground and pound.... braylon stayed on the field...

Braylon was #1 Holmes was #2... imo... I have no idea what the JETS are trying to accomplish but letting Edwards go is a BAD idea...

oh and hot/cold? Homles quit on more plays than randy Moss does. That is worse than hot/cold.

Play like you mean it.

I'll take a motivated Randy Moss over Braylon anyday. Seriously.

Holmes had more drops and fumbles than Braylon... Braylon dragged pats into the endzone... braylon set up Holmes for the winning TD against houston... Braylon allowed Rex to ground and pound.... braylon stayed on the field...

Braylon was #1 Holmes was #2... imo... I have no idea what the JETS are trying to accomplish but letting Edwards go is a BAD idea...

oh and hot/cold? Homles quit on more plays than randy Moss does. That is worse than hot/cold.

Finally someone with a brain... What ya think about 10 mil per ?

Play like you mean it.

I'll take a motivated Randy Moss over Braylon anyday. Seriously.

Moss could turn out to be huge if we dont get him you can kiss our offense good bye. Can't wait to see all the Sanchez bashers when he gets to throw to Holmes, Cotch and Turner. Should be real interesting.

I agree, but it's over.

I like Holmes (not for 10 million) just rather have Edwards. On to the next one

This, I can't understand how some people didn't see just how great Braylon played for the Jets. Braylon was a top 5 draft pick and a physical stud. He gave everything to prove he wanted to be a Jet.

Finally someone with a brain... What ya think about 10 mil per ?

I try not to worry too much about $$$... I like having Holmes back... but without Edwards he is going to struggle... he needs space to make plays... going to be tough when the D can focus 2-3 guys on him...

Problem is... Holmes quits on plays and doesn't finish routes... so this theory is no good.

It wasn't a theory. It was my preference.

You just disagree with me, its cool. I could care less, people on here get so wound up over player movement. Gotta go with the flow and trust in the leadership of the team. They hit more than they miss lately. I trust them.

This, I can't understand how some people didn't see just how great Braylon played for the Jets. Braylon was a top 5 draft pick and a physical stud. He gave everything to prove he wanted to be a Jet.

Braylon fits the role of a #1 outside WR... perfectly...

Maybe the JETS want to be more like the Pats are trying to be... playing inside the #s

I feel the exact same way

I'm right there with you guys Bruce and GB-Braylon IS my favorite Jet.

Hey Kentucky just emailed me a report from Albert Breer saying that there's a 50-50 chance that the Jets cut Bart Scott...no way...right?

I try not to worry too much about $$$... I like having Holmes back... but without Edwards he is going to struggle... he needs space to make plays... going to be tough when the D can focus 2-3 guys on him...

Holmes won't need Edwards to succeed. All he had for years in Pittsburgh was Hines Ward, and J-Cotch is a poor man's Hines Ward. He'll be fine.

It wasn't a theory. It was my preference.

You just disagree with me, its cool. I could care less, people on here get so wound up over player movement. Gotta go with the flow and trust in the leadership of the team. They hit more than they miss lately. I trust them.

Letting Braylon go is a big miss...

When the JETS line up with Holmes/Cotch/Keller/Greene as their threats... that is not going to end in a lot of points scored...

Holmes needs space... everyone else can be played man to man leaving Holmes taking on two defenders all day..

Im going there. This opens things up for Courtney Smith. He's got serious talent and character concerns. In other words he's just like Braylon.

Braylon was a top 5 draft pick. Do people completely forget where he came from? He had 1 season with a half stable QB in CLE and he went GANGBUSTERS that season. he is all world size/strength/speed combination for the position and works his a$$ off. Comparing him to Courtney Smith is just acting like a ritard.

Letting Braylon go is a big miss...

When the JETS line up with Holmes/Cotch/Keller/Greene as their threats... that is not going to end in a lot of points scored...

Holmes needs space... everyone else can be played man to man leaving Holmes taking on two defenders all day..

I think you are wrong, but I'm sure you'll out-argue me in volume... so do your thing.

Archived