Braylon Edwards likely a goner

Jetsfan80

Megatron

Andre Johnson

Roddy White

Jennings

Larry Fitz

Holmes

That's my list. I put Holmes before V-Jax because V-Jax is all Rivers. Seriously. Rivers is THAT good. Rivers put up big numbers last year with V-Jax out and throwing to UDFAs.

You're underrating V-Jax. The dude is a physical freak.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look at Sidney rives contract. 8.2 mil a year? Braylon is going to command 10 a year IMO.

Exactly. And Rice is the very definition of a one year wonder, plus he's coming off a major injury. Huge risk from the Seachickens.

Megatron

Andre Johnson

Roddy White

Jennings

Larry Fitz

Holmes

That's my list. I put Holmes before V-Jax because V-Jax is all Rivers. Seriously. Rivers is THAT good. Rivers put up big numbers last year with V-Jax out and throwing to UDFAs.

My personal opinion is after Megatron, A. Johnson, Larry Fitz...the rest are all pretty much equal with White and Jennings lead the pack, I'd throw Reggie Wayne, D. Bowe, D. Jackson, Vjax, Colston, Holmes all the same caliber of WR.

I'm thinking he goes for 1000+ w/ 10+ TD's.

I honestly think 1200/12 is a reasonable expectation. Sanchez should continue to get better, and with Braylon gone Santonio should see more passes coming his way.

Santonio Holmes

Jericho Cotchery

Randy Moss

Patrick Turner

Jeremy Kirley

on the cusp

Logan Payne

Scotty McKnight

Courtney Smith

the dude from Temple

it's not a terrible group

How does it look without the slouch they haven't signed yet?

Holmes had more drops and fumbles than Braylon... Braylon dragged pats into the endzone... braylon set up Holmes for the winning TD against houston... Braylon allowed Rex to ground and pound.... braylon stayed on the field...

Braylon was #1 Holmes was #2... imo... I have no idea what the JETS are trying to accomplish but letting Edwards go is a BAD idea...

oh and hot/cold? Homles quit on more plays than randy Moss does. That is worse than hot/cold.

Problem is... Holmes quits on plays and doesn't finish routes... so this theory is no good.

This, I can't understand how some people didn't see just how great Braylon played for the Jets. Braylon was a top 5 draft pick and a physical stud. He gave everything to prove he wanted to be a Jet.

Yes Yes and Yes. No way Holmes' game isn't impacted by this no little. It will be a significant problem for our O plus as was stated, the guy really turned around from being a punk to a major team player. Big, big, bummer if we don't do something to keep him

Without Braylon Edwards Holmes will be blanketed.

Shouldn't we count Keller as a receiving weapon in this list? If they single cover him with a LB, he should be catching stuff all day.

Holmes, Cotchery, Keller. How many times will we need that 3rd WR on the field? Given how much we like 2RB or RB/FB sets, I don't see it being a huge problem. We just need Turner or one of the other guys (preferably a tall dude) to step up and be at least a JAG.

Shouldn't we count Keller as a receiving weapon in this list? If they single cover him with a LB, he should be catching stuff all day.

Holmes, Cotchery, Keller. How many times will we need that 3rd WR on the field? Given how much we like 2RB or RB/FB sets, I don't see it being a huge problem. We just need Turner or one of the other guys (preferably a tall dude) to step up and be at least a JAG.

yes we should IF HE COULD CATCH which he can't

Cotchery and Keller will make nowhere near the impact Edwards does to an offense.

Braylon Edwards was in criminal court today. He's a drunk driving, fan assaulting, late night car-crashing liability. Yes he was a top 5 pick. He's also 1 more mistake away from prison. not suspension... real prison.

You've reached new plateau's with this one bit .... yeah ...he's a late night car crashing mother fkr ain't he. WTF kind of inane condemnation is that? To say that Braylon hasn't changed his tune since becoming a Jet is brain dead commentary.

You've reached new plateau's with this one bit .... yeah ...he's a late night car crashing mother fkr ain't he. WTF kind of inane condemnation is that? To say that Braylon hasn't changed his tune since becoming a Jet is brain dead commentary.

wait, that WASN'T a joke?

Right on. Lets all remember what Braylon did last year in the big games.

He's top 10. If i was starting a team right now the only guys i'd take before him are:

Megatron

V-Jax

Andre Johnson

Roddy White

Jennings

Larry Fitz

He's right there after those guys.

Well here is my list of guys I take before Holmes, I won't put people I think are around his level (I think Holmes is close enough to V-Jax that I won't list V-Jax for instance):

Andre Johnson

Hakeem Nicks

Megatron

Roddy White

Fitz

Jennings

Mike Wallace

Reggie Wayne (getting older though)

D-Jax

Miles Austin

So to me he isn't top 10. He is in the pool of the guys behind that, although I can't definitely say he is 100% better than these guys:

V-Jax

Maclin

BE

Boldin

Moss (assuming he's not totally finished, but he probably is)

Britt (if he's even in the league)

I'll be generous and just say Holmes is #11 on my list ahead of these guys. But in all honesty he could be lower than that, and I wouldn't be confident in him...just hoping he starts jumping ahead and becomes a top 5 guy.

At the end of the season if we win an SB it won't matter to me what ranking Holmes is, but I would LOVE to be able to say "yeah, the Jets have the best QB and WR in football, as well as the best D, heck best RB too." What Jets fan when it comes down to it doesn't want that to happen? I like Braylon better and have doubts about Holmes but now that he's signed I'm 100% in support.

Well here is my list of guys I take before Holmes, I won't put people I think are around his level (I think Holmes is close enough to V-Jax that I won't list V-Jax for instance):

Andre Johnson

Hakeem Nicks

Megatron

Roddy White

Fitz

Jennings

Mike Wallace

Reggie Wayne (getting older though)

D-Jax

Miles Austin

So to me he isn't top 10. He is in the pool of the guys behind that, although I can't definitely say he is 100% better than these guys:

V-Jax

Maclin

BE

Boldin

Moss (assuming he's not totally finished, but he probably is)

Britt (if he's even in the league)

I'll be generous and just say Holmes is #11 on my list ahead of these guys. But in all honesty he could be lower than that, and I wouldn't be confident in him...just hoping he starts jumping ahead and becomes a top 5 guy.

At the end of the season if we win an SB it won't matter to me what ranking Holmes is, but I would LOVE to be able to say "yeah, the Jets have the best QB and WR in football, as well as the best D, heck best RB too." What Jets fan when it comes down to it doesn't want that to happen? I like Braylon better and have doubts about Holmes but now that he's signed I'm 100% in support.

Mike Wallace? Come on.

Seemed that Braylon signing with Minnesota was just a formality, but it looks like they're close to signing James Jones. Now I have no idea where BE will end up.

I think he resigns with us.

Sorry i dont have alot of patience for drunk drivers.

Archived