Braylon Edwards likely a goner

Jetsfan80

What are we doing here... Pats are making low risk/high reward moves... we signed Holmes and now we're twiddling our thumbs. Let's get going Tanny!

Seriously wtf? I'm sorry but Sanchez throwing to Holmes is just not enough. If Braylon signs somewhere else and they DONT get Nnamdi this free agency was not good at all.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Braylon will be signed tomorrow by someone...

Also he might be suspended for some games to start the year...

so why rush to sign him? the Jets are letting Braylon test the market... let's see what the demand really is...

so why rush to sign him? the Jets are letting Braylon test the market... let's see what the demand really is...

Gotta agree. If the Jets made him a moderate offer at, say $6MM/season on the first day, he would have been insulted and it would have created a bad situation. If he doesn't get any better offers, and the Jets then swoop in with that same offer, he'll be very happy to get it and stay with the team he loves at what turns out to be market rate for him. I think the Jets are playing this just right. At this point, it looks less and less likely he's going to see north of $8MM/season so we might actually be able to get him back.

And about the Pats' low-risk/high-return gambles, that's exactly what we did with Braylon, Cromartie and Holmes over the last two years and all of them paid off. But neither of the guys the Patriots brought in were good fits for the Jets, so you can't really get on the Jets about passing on those two.

Looks like all but curtains for the Nmandi signing. From this point onwards even if the JETS land him it will be at Texans price. Which is overpaying a lot and can have repercussions down the line!

I hope we end up signing Braylon!

Nope, Texans got someone else.

Nobody but the Redskins will give him his insane price. Most teams realize CBs just aren't worth that much.

Archived