So I had a phone interview set up for 5pm

Jetlag

no, they are idiots. just call them

So I just check my e-mail to find this "My sincere apologies for not calling you at 5:00. I was pulled into a meeting that has just ended. Can we re-schedule for tomorrow or Friday?" I just sat here not spanking my monkey for an hour only to find out I should have been in nap mode.

It could be worse. They could make you go down to Arlington for the interview. That's the call I just got. I asked for a telephone interview and I will probably get it considering that they think that I am still in Italy. How they thought I'd get to Arlington by Wednesday for that I don't know.

It could be worse. They could make you go down to Arlington for the interview. That's the call I just got. I asked for a telephone interview and I will probably get it considering that they think that I am still in Italy. How they thought I'd get to Arlington by Wednesday for that I don't know.

Is the job down in Arlington or just the interview? If it's just the interview, that's just ******* ridiculous.

I always do first interviews by phone, waste of tie to make them come in before you know if you are even seriously interested

That being said, I've definitely left interviewee's hanging by getting caught up in something else.. Feel like a douche when it happens, but apparently not enough for me to get more organized

I always do first interviews by phone, waste of tie to make them come in before you know if you are even seriously interested

That being said, I've definitely left interviewee's hanging by getting caught up in something else.. Feel like a douche when it happens, but apparently not enough for me to get more organized

Why do I think some poor un-employed slob can't feed his newborn tonight cause you where at L-1 and just cdidn't have time to make the call. LOL

Don't tell me you are in HR.

"Feel like a douche" as opposed to "being a douche?"

I hate phone interviews. Granted I don't like to talk on the phone in general. I find it hard to understand what people mean, ie. when they're serious or not, without seeing their facial reactions. Makes me very nervous when I can't picture who it is I'm talking to, and puts me off my game in general. Makes sense if you've got a big pool that you're trying to narrow it down, but give me something in person definitely. That makes it infinitely easier to identify with the interviewer.

Granted, the extent of my experience is like 7 college interviews, so...

I hate phone interviews. Granted I don't like to talk on the phone in general. I find it hard to understand what people mean, ie. when they're serious or not, without seeing their facial reactions. Makes me very nervous when I can't picture who it is I'm talking to, and puts me off my game in general. Makes sense if you've got a big pool that you're trying to narrow it down, but give me something in person definitely. That makes it infinitely easier to identify with the interviewer.

Granted, the extent of my experience is like 7 college interviews, so...

I use them exclusively these days.. of course my shop is 100% wfh, so no other choice. In the past I used them to weed down 20 resumes to 2-3 candidates. I don't put a lot of stock on face to face, most of what comes there is soft stuff and relationship building, but I'd rather deal with cold facts. Seen way to many people skate by with charm rather then results.. That's not to say everything is machine like, cause we do have a repoire, just not at the forefront

Yep. You know I don't much in my responses to you, monkey.

Glad to have obliged.

Its cool. I'll go start a "fight" with T0mShane so he'll make cracks at me, then you can just repeat them over and over.

Ape doesn't like BJ?

figures prolly into the a$$ play

I like everyone. I don't think he likes me... who knows/cares. He usually only responds to me with stupid pictures. I haven't decided if I respect his game yet. He's not really that funny - except when he mocks Gato, he's scored points with me that way.

Seems like an okay guy though, when he's not being a doosh. Sort like you.... JIF, SMC, Pac.... um... me?

I like everyone. I don't think he likes me... who knows/cares. He usually only responds to me with stupid pictures. I haven't decided if I respect his game yet. He's not really that funny - except when he mocks Gato, he's scored points with me that way.

Seems like an okay guy though, when he's not being a doosh. Sort like you.... JIF, SMC, Pac.... um... me?

How sweet.

Archived