Albert Haynesworth to the New England Patriots

F.Chowds

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On defense, that's absolutely true. On offense, the fact is despite him still getting credit for it, Brady hasn't been "the clutchest QB in NFL history" for 7 years now.

I think that'll change, too. He drafted two backs this year, the TE's last year. He might be going back to ball control, at least a little bit.

You're talking low risk and HIGH reward on this move.

I didn't quite know how to rate this move before reading this.

If you really want to drive it home to everyone else, might I suggest using randomly placed squiggly brackets and a red font to highlight key words.

I didn't quite know how to rate this move before reading this.

If you really want to drive it home to everyone else, might I suggest using randomly placed squiggly brackets and a red font to highlight key words.

What can I say? I was inspired by some recent turn of events on JN.

Two of the numerous clowns on ESPN radio (Rucco and Lunberg) talking about this move, saying Wilfork + Haynesworth would have the same effect as Revis + Aso. Oh yeah... he's only worth a 2013 5th rounded but he will have the same effect as Aso. LOL.

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter

Filed to ESPN: Washington traded DT Albert Haynesworth to the New England Patriots for a fifth-round pick in 2013.

I am not a fan of this move...at all. I can't shake that image of him as a Redskin just giving up on one play. I mean, he just laid there doing nothing. It was disgusting.

That said, I guess for a fifth it's a high reward/low risk kind of deal...I'm just skeptical he'll make it past the conditioning test!

Also, last year, the Pats - known as a base 3-4 defense - played the 4-3 over half the time. If this deal pans out, it will be even more.

I am not a fan of this move...at all. I can't shake that image of him as a Redskin just giving up on one play. I mean, he just laid there doing nothing. It was disgusting.

That said, I guess for a fifth it's a high reward/low risk kind of deal...I'm just skeptical he'll make it past the conditioning test!

Also, last year, the Pats - known as a base 3-4 defense - played the 4-3 over half the time. If this deal pans out, it will be even more.

Whats the likely hood that a. BB actually held on to that pick and didnt use it wheel and deal on draft day? or b. you actually getting a return for you investment on a 5th round pick as sh*tty as you guys draft?

Pretty much a no brainer to make this deal.

Whats the likely hood that a. BB actually held on to that pick and didnt use it wheel and deal on draft day? or b. you actually getting a return for you investment on a 5th round pick as sh*tty as you guys draft?

Pretty much a no brainer to make this deal.

Exactly. And if it doesn't work out, its just another 5th round pick the Pats have thrown away. It's not like they would have drafted anyone worth a crap anyway. (and for those who can't follow, I don't mean that you can't find a good player in the 5th round, I mean that the Pats are so bad at drafting recently that they can't find a good player in the fifth round.)

This.

While I do think its a no brainer for th Pats, I'm not worried in the slightest.

The tides have changed, the Patriots fear the Jets. Fact.

Tides have changed my a$$. The Jets win one game that matters and now the Pats fear them? Puhleaze.

Exactly. And if it doesn't work out, its just another 5th round pick the Pats have thrown away. It's not like they would have drafted anyone worth a crap anyway. (and for those who can't follow, I don't mean that you can't find a good player in the 5th round, I mean that the Pats are so bad at drafting recently that they can't find a good player in the fifth round.)

It didn't take you long to change your mind on this move. :lol:

Tides have changed my a$. The Jets win one game that matters and now the Pats fear them? Puhleaze.

Complete and total fear. Like the way wombats fear dingos. Scary stuff, indeed.

This is unquestionably a good move for the Pats. It was a NEEDED move because their defense stinks.

So I agree with you and Fish (although I disagree on his "could be very bad" for Jets if Haynesworth plays well).

Haynesworth will not impact the Jets ability to beat the Pats. Sanchez will. Sanchez has proven he can play great or lousy against good and bad defenses. He's the anti-Chad in that way. It's almost comical. Sanchez could look horrid against a bad defense and brilliant against the best. Haynesworth won't impact that.

Also, Haynesworth is 30 yrs old, the SAME age Belichick traded Seymour, whom every Pat-homer said was declining.

What you dont understand is that Seymour would have been in the final year of his contract and Wilforks contract was up as well. You can only franchise one player. If Seymour stayed for his last year, he was gone unless the Pats broke the bank to keep him. Then, they still had to sign Wilfork.

Actually there's about $60M left on his deal. :lol:

$5.4M this year, $7.2M next year, and a $20M bonus + $8.5M in 2013... But I expect that even if Albert is working out pretty well for them, some sort of negotiation will take place to eliminate that balloon payment.

Thanks Slats. I was actually bothered by this for a moment.

Damn you Adam Schefterrrrr!!!

This morning on Mike and Mike, Schefter said Haynesworth had already been paid his bonuses and the Pats were on the hook for $5 mil.

If he's wrong, he's now batting .048 for the month.

Ha. You misuderestimated the Redskins ability to hand out monster contracts. This deal actually had two $20M bonuses. The first the Redskins paid last offseason and the second is the poison pill for 2013. The sad thing is that I read somewhere that Haynesworth forfeited his 2011 salary being guaranteed which means the Pats can cut him without paying that portion or it counting against the cap.

Do you think he's in any kind of shape right now? I sincerely doubt he makes the opening day roster.

Ofcourse he's in a type of shape. Its called round, blubbery, fat and nasty just like Wilfork. Cant wait when we still kick their lard asses.

Wilfork and Haynesworth should be fun. It's their counter to Nick Mangold, I guess, which is pretty cool. Should be one hell of a challenge. Kind of makes me wish they signed Davin Joseph, but deep down I don't really care. Not even all that deep down tbh.

Archived