Eagles sign Nnamdi Asomugha

Matt39

They will play Rodgers-Cromarties, Samuel and Aso...WTF? Seems beyond overkill and damn expensive. This is a franchise that pats itself on the back fofr cap management like that gets you a trophy in February followed by a parade.

yeah, they'll get ran into the ground lol

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah slats now watch Cromartie hold us over the coals for a deal almost as good as Nnamdi's even thought Nnamdi is twice as good.

The twittersphere has the Jets possibly trading for Assante Samuel. We'll see. I never liked Cro at the $9M figure that was getting thrown around, either. I think Johnathan Joseph's $10M sets a bar higher than Cro's abilities.

They will play Rodgers-Cromarties, Samuel and Aso...WTF? Seems beyond overkill and damn expensive. This is a franchise that pats itself on the back fofr cap management like that gets you a trophy in February followed by a parade.

They'll probably cut or trade Samuel.

they don't have to be under the cap until tomorrow according to nfl network, so I bet they are telling samuel to take cut in pay or be released while they try to trade him to the jets or dallas

Its actually August 4th when teams have to be under the cap.

**** you Asomugha. I hope the Jets re-sign Braylon and he lays him the **** out on a run block when we play the Eagles.

Book it, Braylon will BURN Aso in that game. U heard it here first.

When I have trusted sources telling me something, I generally have no choice but to report it. It would be a general form of insincerity to the public if I knowingly withheld such information. It's unfortunate that we all were duped, but sh*t happens.

I'm trustworthy. You suck. Tweet that.

Nnamdi and Cliff Lee are pussies. Resign Bray & Cromartie and we'll be fine.

The Eagles still wont win sh*t.

SI_PeterKing Peter King

1. As I wrote on the SI blog, Asomugha wanted Philly, not the Jets, and certainly took less money to go there.

SI_PeterKing Peter King

2. Asomugha thinks the Eagles have a better chance to get to the Super Bowl than NYJ. He was passionate about their chance

Revis >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Asomugha + Peter King + Mike Vick + Andy Reid + Philadelphia

x 10 + infinity

When I have trusted sources telling me something, I generally have no choice but to report it. It would be a general form of insincerity to the public if I knowingly withheld such information.

You're not a reporter. You're a dude with a twitter account. You don't have a responsibility to the public to account poorly shared, unattributable information with the public.

SI_PeterKing Peter King

2. Asomugha thinks the Eagles have a better chance to get to the Super Bowl than NYJ. He was passionate about their chance

The REAL reason ASO didn't sign with the JETS is because he would have been the second best CB on the team. Everybody knows Revis is better & more flexible in coverage. He wanted to be #1 on the team. He would have been compared to Revis constantly.

Peter King was the one that reported that Aso really badly wanted to play with the Jets and then now he says that crap? Yeah, okay.

SI_PeterKing Peter King

I can tell you this with certainty about Nnamdi: He left significant money on the table elsewhere. I would argue with his opinion that ...

SI_PeterKing Peter King

... signing with Eagles gives him a better shot to win SB than signing with Jets, but in principal, I like a man not going for last buck.

Revis >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

x 10 + infinity

I'd go as far as to say, Revis at 75% >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

x 10 + infinity

As more and more of the stories come out today about the signing many of us were exactly right that the Jets got played like fools here. He never wanted to come here and the Jets were totally blind to that fact. All along they were just waiting for Philly to see if they could do it. Jets should have dropped out when Houston did. Texans got the message the Jets did not.

As more and more of the stories come out today about the signing many of us were exactly right that the Jets got played like fools here. He never wanted to come here and the Jets were totally blind to that fact. All along they were just waiting for Philly to see if they could do it. Jets should have dropped out when Houston did. Texans got the message the Jets did not.

Yep. Wonder where those people that were arguing with us went, I'm sure they'll all pretend they didn't say anything. Those types always do that.

You're not a reporter. You're a dude with a twitter account. You don't have a responsibility to the public to account poorly shared, unattributable information with the public.

I don't report poorly shared information, I share only the best from the most trusted sources. Of course my sources are unattributable, otherwise they wouldn't be sources.

Don't be too mad I'm breaking these stories before you.

Archived