Mike Tannenbaum isn't a closer

Green Jets & Ham

Our accountant is being played and who can blame him. He is an accountant. Yet we have promoted him to a position where he is over-matched.

You need a draftnik to be in charge of your team.

Mike Tannenbaum is not a draftnik.

Mike Tannenbaum is being played.

Mike Tannebaum is asleep at the wheel.

You chased Nnamdi. You lost. What Mike T reminds me of is a setup man. He isn't the guy you bring in to close.

Mike Tannebaum isn't a closer.

To win in this league you need a closer. The Packers have a closer. The Saints have a closer. The Patriots used to have a closer. The Jets haven't had a closer since Dick Steinberg ran the show.

Dick Steinberg was a closer.

In this league you are either closing or not closing. Today the Eagles closed. The Jets did not close.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've only been reading today, but I decided to log in to say something I've said on this board many times before:

"Green Jets and Ham": you are the whiniest, most awful poster on this board (and if even possible, overrated)

There was a time Max would have given me a spanking for saying this, but I'm sure everyone agrees with me as the years have gone on.

PS - You suck.

Our accountant is being played and who can blame him. He is an accountant. Yet we have promoted him to a position where he is over-matched.

You chased Nnamdi. You lost. What Mike T reminds me of is a setup man. He isn't the guy you bring in to close.

To win in this league you need a closer. The Packers have a closer. The Saints have a closer. The Patriots used to have a closer. The Jets haven't had a closer since Dick Steinberg ran the show.

In this league you are either closing or not closing. Today the Eagles closed. The Jets did not close.

Needs more red size 72 font.

:face:

I've only been reading today, but I decided to log in to say something I've said on this board many times before:

"Green Jets and Ham": you are the whiniest, most awful poster on this board (and if even possible, overrated)

There was a time Max would have given me a spanking for saying this, but I'm sure everyone agrees with me as the years have gone on.

PS - You suck.

A man is entitled to his opinion. So I will not begrudge you that.

Your opinion is yours to keep at the end of the day it may be all you have.

My conviction does not lie. My conviction is here to stay. Smizzy says I can post what I think and I will.

You and I are cool though, I can take the heat.

After all the moves this team has made the last 3 years? C'mon bro!

Btw, Derrell Revis and Reggie White said hi.

Troll.

Mike T is the best GM in this game. He drafted a bust, yes. He couldn't sign one guy, yes. So what? Look at everything else he has done.

This.

He needs to wipe the egg off his face and move forward. That's all.

This.

Its not even egg. There are other very good corners on the market and a ton of WR's both will prolly cost less than Aso by himself. He took a shot and that is it. Who cares? Its not like Cromartie or Buchanan are bad consolation prizes. Aso is 30 years old. He could fall off the face of the earth this season.

This.

As I'm sure you will agree, it's far from egg on his face if he decided the deal was too rich for his blood. I mean, let's say they could have signed NA to a deal SLIGHTLY higher than Cro, that's a no brainer right? Even you would be on board, I'm sure. Apparently, it was too tough, so he backed out. Smart.

You have no idea who you are talking to.

no, really, go back to JI. when you get banned from a site where you used to be a mod, that means you suck at the internet. I used to lurk over there. it sucked. just lots of bickering and bullsh*t. don't bring that here, it's not welcome. please leave. you suck at the internet

I do think the Jets got used here but its as much Woodys fault as anyone elses because he pushes for these things. I think the Jets are better off by not having Aso. Too much money tied into the corner position and for what? Bottling up Davone Bess? Id even go a step further and say the Jets should not overpay for Cromartie either. Bring in a vet and give the young kid a chance next year. Bring in Ty Warren and beef up the front of the defense.

I do think the Jets got used here but its as much Woodys fault as anyone elses because he pushes for these things. I think the Jets are better off by not having Aso. Too much money tied into the corner position and for what? Bottling up Davone Bess? Id even go a step further and say the Jets should not overpay for Cromartie either. Bring in a vet and give the young kid a chance next year. Bring in Ty Warren and beef up the front of the defense.

Jason you are a cap guy. So tell me this, in the precious time after the opening bell, when there are no seconds to waste, shouldn't your team be closing?

The Eagles closed.

Jason you are a cap guy. So tell me this, in the precious time after the opening bell, when there are no seconds to waste, shouldn't your team be closing?

The Eagles closed.

No one likes you.

Go back to the other Jets site.

Oh, wait, no one likes you there either.

That's something that's getting underplayed here. Teams can't just win championships by paying exorbitant amounts of money at free agents. You need to have your draft picks pan out because they are the most cost effective talent. Give Kyle Wilson a shot like you said. People just fell off his wagon because he had a trial by fire early start to the year and then got replaced. Similar situation with Vlad. People just assume he's sucking or a bust because he was clueless in the preseason.

The Eagles closed.

Santonio Holmes got closed. This is one deal and we don't know what happened behind the scenes.

Its not even egg. There are other very good corners on the market and a ton of WR's both will prolly cost less than Aso by himself. He took a shot and that is it. Who cares? Its not like Cromartie or Buchanan are bad consolation prizes. Aso is 30 years old. He could fall off the face of the earth this season.

As I'm sure you will agree, it's far from egg on his face if he decided the deal was too rich for his blood. I mean, let's say they could have signed NA to a deal SLIGHTLY higher than Cro, that's a no brainer right? Even you would be on board, I'm sure. Apparently, it was too tough, so he backed out. Smart.

He's gotta be embarrassed. Jets were tied to this guy, and in the lead for quite a while, only to have the rug pulled out from them. Texans got out sooner and got a younger CB who's nearly as good for $10M/yr. Jets didn't get out, they were there right up until he signed with someone else. Tanny's not used to be jilted at the alter. Hopefully it's a quality learning experience for him.

Now he has to have that CB mentality, forget he just got burned, and go make the next big play.

Archived