Red Sox vs. Yankees

CrazyCarl40

Only 52 games left in the season and the Yankees and Sox are tied in the standings. 9 games left against each other. It's early on in August, but home field will be important, as always. Red Sox have owned the Yankees this season, but the Yankees are on a roll. Series is at Fenway so we can expect all three games to go at least 5 hours.

Pitching Match-Ups:

Friday: Bartolo Colon vs. Jon Lester

Saturday: CC Sabathia vs. John Lackey

Sunday: Freddy Garcia vs. Josh Beckett

Prediction: I say the Sox take two of three, losing to CC.

What does everyone else think?

Of course they did....The Sawx can't be beat

The Yanks have no pride....Sweep again

Also enjoyed how Tito wiggled the pitching a bit to make sure Lackey, Lester and Beckett pitched this series

You mean like Girardi wiggled it to have his three best pitchers going? It had more to do with Bedard than anything else and putting him on normal rest coming off the knee tweak.

That was a good game. This Yankee team is interesting. If ARod can give the lineup a bit of a boost and Soriano rounds into form in the pen, they have a nice shot of winning it all.

They hit for power, they steal bases and play good defense. The pitching staff is weird but after CC they have some options, not the true ideal # 2 but they have options. :)

Hopefully CC stays hot on Saturday and the Yankees go up 2 - 0.

Lester lost his control for an inning and the Yanks took advantage. Yanks pen picked up the slack and got them the W. Good game try again today. Going to be tough against CC but Sox have played him well.

To me last night showed how well both Lester and CC are pitching right now. Neither guy looked great but they battled and kept their team in the game.

To me last night showed how well both Lester and CC are pitching right now. Neither guy looked great but they battled and kept their team in the game.

I have Colon on my fantasy team and wanted him to hang around for the W but you have to give Girardi credit for pulling him to go to Logan. I am by no means a Girardi fan but he came out as brilliant with that move at least for last night.

I have Colon on my fantasy team and wanted him to hang around for the W but you have to give Girardi credit for pulling him to go to Logan. I am by no means a Girardi fan but he came out as brilliant with that move at least for last night.

Gutsy call no doubt. Girardi is doing a good job with the pitching staff this year. They showed the stats last night, I think the Yankees are # 1 in bullpen era and #8 in bullpen innings. Not a bad combo...

You mean today, right? Who pitched yesterday? Surely not your sure-fire Cy Young winner.

Must suck being a Mess fan and rooting for the Sawx

Almost as bad as being a Giants fan masquerading as a Jets fan

Feeling a good start from Freddie

Archived