New York Jets @ Houston Texans -what do you want to see from the jets

JetsFanFromQueens

It's only a preseason game, so first and foremost, I'll be praying that we stay injury free. After that, I just can't wait to see our Jets of 2011 take the field after a long and uncertain offseason. It's became a good feeling knowing that our first preseason game is less than 10 days away, because I'll be the first to admit, I wasn't expecting a full season of NFL football this year (if any at all). The lockout had me fearing for the worst, just talking about a Jets-Texans preseason game feels like a breath of fresh air.

I'm not expecting to see much of Plaxico or Mason until week 3 of the preseason, but I can't wait to watch and later on evaluate how our younger guys performed such as Joe McKnight who's coming off a strong finish to the 2010 season, John Conner in replace of Tony Richardson, *Jeremy Kerley* vs Scotty McKnight, Wayne Hunter vs Vladimir Ducasse for the battle of out RT position, *Muhammad Wilkerson* who's already been named as our starting DE, can Kenrick Ellis make an impact? Can Jamaal Westerman break out into a pass rushing force? and has Kyle Wilson improved during the offseason? Just to name a few. From what I've seen, Wilkerson and Kerley are two game changers waiting to happen.

We have plenty of young players, which could make for a very interesting preseason.

if this was a regular season game you would be banned-The Iceman is right no game day threads are to be posted until at least a second AFTER midnight on the day of the game or we will definitely lose...you're new here so we will cut you some slack, just don't let it happen again

if this was a regular season game you would be banned-The Iceman is right no game day threads are to be posted until at least a second AFTER midnight on the day of the game or we will definitely lose...you're new here so we will cut you some slack, just don't let it happen again

AND, I think with the luck it brought us last year down the stretch and in the playoffs (we'll forget about the championship game ;) ) I think when it DOES come time to start "GAMEDAY" threads then Iceman88 should continue to be the poster to do it.

AND, I think with the luck it brought us last year down the stretch and in the playoffs (we'll forget about the championship game ;) ) I think when it DOES come time to start "GAMEDAY" threads them Iceman88 should continue be the poster to do it.

God damn AFC Championship game ruining my perfect streak. I was all set for us to win the Super Bowl so I could claim like 1% of the victory for myself.

God damn AFC Championship game ruining my perfect streak. I was all set for us to win the Super Bowl so I could claim like 1% of the victory for myself.

So since it was only a Conference Championship game then do you only accept 0.5% of the loss? :P

Sorry about the confusion, I had no idea in regards to the superstition/tradition of this fan base. I can assure you all that it won't happen again, but as the old football saying goes... "it's better to make mistakes during the preseason instead of the regular season".

I just can't believe we're only 9 days away from seeing our beloved Jets take the field.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQXSxR55v7c

How about you all just delete or dump this thread entirely? It's obvious some of you care more about "when and who starts a gameday thread"... instead of actually talking about the Jets taking the field in less than 10 days against the Houston Texans on ESPN. It doesn't matter which poster creates the gameday thread, it has no barring on the outcome of the game to begin with. You wanna make a difference in the score? Go to the game, make as much noise as possible and help give the Jets home field advantage. That's the only way any of us can attempt to "contribute" to the outcome of the score. I can't talk for the rest of you, but I'm fired up for this up coming preseason.

How about you all just delete or dump this thread entirely? It's obvious some of you care more about "when and who starts a gameday thread"... instead of actually talking about the Jets taking the field in less than 10 days against the Houston Texans on ESPN. It doesn't matter which poster creates the gameday thread, it has no barring on the outcome of the game to begin with. You wanna make a difference in the score? Go to the game, make as much noise as possible and help give the Jets home field advantage. That's the only way any of us can attempt to "contribute" to the outcome of the score. I can't talk for the rest of you, but I'm fired up for this up coming preseason.

I don't believe in your superstitious "home field advantage"...the only way to make a difference in the score is by the maker of this game thread. Which must be done within 24 hours of kickoff. Faba has thankfully, hopefully, fixed all wrongdoings.

Archived