Shaun Ellis a Patriot

JonEJet

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok, now it's my turn to be pissed. god damned jets got cheap and now a guy who will wind up in the ring of honor is a pat*. He'll be dead to me if the deal is close to the jets offer, otherwise this is on the FO

You guys need to take a step back and look at it like this...

The border war between the two teams has shifted. We used to be the ones picking up all of the Pats' castoffs. Now the roles are reversed. Granted, I won't like seeing him on the Pats (I hope he twists his knee getting off the plane to take his physical actually and can't play this year) but I like the fact that they have resorted to picking up all of our castoffs to try to one-up us. The Jets are most definitely in their heads now.

You guys need to take a step back and look at it like this...

The border war between the two teams has shifted. We used to be the ones picking up all of the Pats' castoffs. Now the roles are reversed. Granted, I won't like seeing him on the Pats (I hope he twists his knee getting off the plane to take his physical actually and can't play this year) but I like the fact that they have resorted to picking up all of our castoffs to try to one-up us. The Jets are most definitely in their heads now.

Name 3 Patriots castoffs the NYJETS picked up?

Kevin O'Connell and making him a ******* captain the next week against the Pats

O'Connell doesnt even count... He was never going to be more then a 3rd stringer here at best. He was just picked up to get some info on the Pats and so Rex can make him a captain and send his 1st shot across Belly's brow.

Too bad. I always liked Ellis, but he was being phased out last year and was shopped around. I cant blame him for signing with the team that is going to offer him more money. The Jets were likely going to only offer the minimum to him and he was going to have no guarantees of starting anymore.

Damien Woody did. Either way though, thats not the point. The point is now the Pats are looking to eat up all the Jets cast-offs, not visa versa.

Thank you for getting that point...it's apparently going way over some peoples' heads

this kills me...it's just wrong for him to be in another uniform, especially the Pats

The Jets seem to have no loyalty to their older/veteran players...Ellis can still play imo, and he will definitely help the Pats this year.

I wouldn't be surprise if he made a few big plays against us

This really sucks, my whole Sunday is shot now

this kills me...it's just wrong for him to be in another uniform, especially the Pats

The Jets seem to have no loyalty to their older/veteran players...Ellis can still play imo, and he will definitely help the Pats this year.

I wouldn't be surprise if he made a few big plays against us

This really sucks, my whole Sunday is shot now

The reality of the situation is we were never going to make re-signing a 33/34 year old DL a priority... Especially not when we already drafted 2 DL a few months ago and had to worry about bigger holes at WR, CB, and OL.

Will he get booooed at NMS?

discuss

He had better not. How can someone blame Ellis for going to someone that wants him under their employ? The Jets made a financial decision, and I do not fault them for it. The Patriots likewise made a financial decision and I do not fault them for that.

Ellis is working a job, now he is working a job with a different squad.

The reality of the situation is we were never going to make re-signing a 33/34 year old DL a priority... Especially not when we already drafted 2 DL a few months ago and had to worry about bigger holes at WR, CB, and OL.

I know it's not the end of the world, it just sucks. I guess that's the reality of the NFL

Archived