Cracked iTouch Screen

Maxman

Anyone ever replace theirs? I am eyeing up the kits now.

Have a 1st gen and a 4th gen both with shattered glass. Time to do some ordering on ebay. If anyone has experience doing this I would love to hear about it.

Don't touch it so hard next time

My buddy did and he had to get a new phone but his sh*t was fucked

haha...

my 8 year old son is the culprit for both. He broke my 1st gen a long time ago and broke his 4th gen today. Dropped it getting out of the car. Mine I probably won't get fixed. I really only use it to play Sirius through my receiver for my outdoor speakers. Since that works I don't really care what the screen looks like. His, not so much.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/iPods-MP3-players/Is-it-possible-to-get-an-Ipod-Touch-2nd-Gen-Screen-Replacement/td-p/59303

Info there might be helpful. The cost to repair it seems to be around $100-$150...if it is, just buy a new one. I have a first gen still going strong...it's soo slow with some stuff though. Connecting to Wifi and switching apps...it's jailbroken but I didn't add anything performance-draining.

http://forums.bestbu...ment/td-p/59303

Info there might be helpful. The cost to repair it seems to be around $100-$150...if it is, just buy a new one. I have a first gen still going strong...it's soo slow with some stuff though. Connecting to Wifi and switching apps...it's jailbroken but I didn't add anything performance-draining.

That info is helpful. The kit to do it yourself runs about $50 on ebay.

I worked with a guy that used to direct order the kits from China for like $14 but I can't find any site like that now.

Anyone ever replace theirs? I am eyeing up the kits now.

Have a 1st gen and a 4th gen both with shattered glass. Time to do some ordering on ebay. If anyone has experience doing this I would love to hear about it.

Theres people on craigslist that advertise fixing screens cheaper than what apple does it for from what I understand.