Jesus Montero's name comes up before Jesus Christ on google now

Blackout

jealous Mets fan, wishing they had a Jesus on their team ;)

Ed Randall on his Sunday show said scouts seem convinced to a man that he cannot catch in the Majors. Wonder if he is a long term DH?

I guess if he hits they will find a spot for him but I think he gets traded during the off season for pitching.

Ed Randall on his Sunday show said scouts seem convinced to a man that he cannot catch in the Majors. Wonder if he is a long term DH?

I guess if he hits they will find a spot for him but I think he gets traded during the off season for pitching.

There are no pitchers on the market worth trading him for.

I haven't seen him enough to know but I will say that even if he can catch in the majors, I am not sure he can catch for the Yankees in the majors. They have an older left side of the infield, they need someone that is above average behind the plate. That said, as long as he hits, they will find a spot for him somewhere. I don't think the Yankees have ruled him out as a catcher though. I definitely agree with Giardi's thoughts; bringing a rookie catcher into the mix during a pennant race is not a good idea.

Haren was almost traded at deadline this year.

Do you know this? If so, how? Maybe it was leaked to the media to help the team in a long term negotiation. You do not know. You just do not know.

The best almost trades are the ones you almost make.

I can't reveal sources ;)

Just like you can predict accurately what minor leaguers will produce in the mlb.

I agree that predicting what minor leaguers will do is tough at times.

Which is why I put so much credibility in 19 game winners. A pitcher who can win 18 games in a single season is a can't miss prospect imo.

I agree that predicting what minor leaguers will do is tough at times.

Which is why I put so much credibility in 19 game winners. A pitcher who can win 18 games in a single season is a can't miss prospect imo.

The sabergeeks have taught us that "wins" mean nothing related to pitchers.

Get out of the stone age, you stupid dinosaur.

BTW-who won 19 games?

The sabergeeks have taught us that "wins" mean nothing related to pitchers.

Get out of the stone age, you stupid dinosaur.

BTW-who won 19 games?

I bothched it....ruined my own joke with a damn typo.

Hey respond to my email when you can, we need to know if that works for you guys before the 12th.

I haven't seen him enough to know but I will say that even if he can catch in the majors, I am not sure he can catch for the Yankees in the majors. They have an older left side of the infield, they need someone that is above average behind the plate. That said, as long as he hits, they will find a spot for him somewhere. I don't think the Yankees have ruled him out as a catcher though. I definitely agree with Giardi's thoughts; bringing a rookie catcher into the mix during a pennant race is not a good idea.b

Agree. It would hurt his trade value as well if he was a disaster behind the plate.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived