Breaking down Miami's Defense

Jetsfan80

lol you've been spoiled so much the last 2 years I think you've forgotten how hard it is to reach the conference title game, let it alone do it 3 times straight. You needsome luck along the way. I doubt you make that far this year.

I read the OP and all I could think is "Thank God DWC became a Dolphin fan!"

lol you've been spoiled so much the last 2 years I think you've forgotten how hard it is to reach the conference title game, let it alone do it 3 times straight. You needsome luck along the way. I doubt you make that far this year.

I think dolphanss are spoiled at how hard it is to not be a factor in the NFL for 25 years.

I don't think anyone has forgotten how hard it is (at least when you don't get to play the Bengals on the way!). But there's no reason to expect less when the team is arguably just as good as last season. Heck, we all expect too much from our teams. Just ask our resident Raiders fan.

I think dolphanss are spoiled at how hard it is to not be a factor in the NFL for 25 years.

dude i'm 29.They really havn't been much of factor since i've been following them, so it's all normal to me. Kind of like your parents geting divroced when your a todler, your not upset your parents arnt together cause its always been that way and you never knew any different lmao

You guys are too much. While we all know Miami won't be contending for a SB this year,they are defintily capable of beating the NYJ and possibly sweeping them. Were gonna field a very good defense this year and if we can get some decent play out of our offense, which I believe we will, we'll win ballgames. Yea we got J-lo and Fergie as owners, a friggin nightclub in our stadium and stupid wolf slogans, but were not a talentless roster who will be at the bottom of league.

Why do you think you'll get decent play out of your offense? What's really changed for the better? Reggie Bush? Brian Daboll? Seriously?

Your offense was terrible last year. And if they actually manage to score some points, your defense -particularly your secondary- could be tested for the first time.

dude i'm 29.They really havn't been much of factor since i've been following them, so it's all normal to me. Kind of like your parents geting divroced when your a todler, your not upset your parents arnt together cause its always been that way and you never knew any different lmao

Is mom hot? Does she like fat dudes?

Why do you think you'll get decent play out of your offense? What's really changed for the better? Reggie Bush? Brian Daboll? Seriously?

Your offense was terrible last year. And if they actually manage to score some points, your defense -particularly your secondary- could be tested for the first time.

Marshall is entering his 2nd year here and for the first time in 3 years he didnt need an offseason surgeries on his hips and he appears to be in the best condition of his life. Davone Bess is getting better and we replaced the highly overated Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams with a young power back and a very good pass catching RB in Bush. The line got a boost adding one the best interior lineman in the draft in Mike Pouncey. This unit doesnt have to be great it just needs to be good for us to have a nice year.

Marshall is entering his 2nd year here and for the first time in 3 years he didnt need an offseason surgeries on his hips and he appears to be in the best condition of his life. Davone Bess is getting better and we replaced the highly overated Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams with a young power back and a very good pass catching RB in Bush. The line got a boost adding one the best interior lineman in the draft in Mike Pouncey. This unit doesnt have to be great it just needs to be good for us to have a nice year.

OMG what is he 72 y/o? LOL

Fair enough.

Here's why I think they'll be worse:

Daboll is actually a downgrade from Henning. I know, tough to believe, but he's never been a coordinator before and brings nothing that suggests he'll be an improvement. Plus, he had no offseason to implement his offense. Every team with new coaches and coordinator has that issue to start this year, and it's a glaring problem for an offense hoping to improve from #30 last year in points scored.

Marshall is more overrated than Ronnie Brown or Ricky Williams, and he still has no one to throw him the football. Henne's entering his fourth year in the league, and hasn't shown any improvement over those three years. If Marshall was anywhere near as good as his hype, Henne's numbers should've improved significantly last year. Instead, they barely budged. The boo-birds are going to be worse than ever this year. I think you could see Henne really tank as a result.

The Saints upgraded by dumping Bush and picking up Sproles. Miami dropped the ball by not going after him themselves. We'll see what your rookie back brings to the table. You had two top five picks at RB back there. Not sure how much improvement you can really expect from a late second round rookie. Rookie RB's also tend to get QB's killed in pass protection, but that may be a plus for you.

Pouncy's a good addition, but what's the story with Jake Long?

You guys have a long way to go to get to good.

Fair enough.

Here's why I think they'll be worse:

Daboll is actually a downgrade from Henning. I know, tough to believe, but he's never been a coordinator before and brings nothing that suggests he'll be an improvement. Plus, he had no offseason to implement his offense. Every team with new coaches and coordinator has that issue to start this year, and it's a glaring problem for an offense hoping to improve from #30 last year in points scored.

Marshall is more overrated than Ronnie Brown or Ricky Williams, and he still has no one to throw him the football. Henne's entering his fourth year in the league, and hasn't shown any improvement over those three years. If Marshall was anywhere near as good as his hype, Henne's numbers should've improved significantly last year. Instead, they barely budged. The boo-birds are going to be worse than ever this year. I think you could see Henne really tank as a result.

The Saints upgraded by dumping Bush and picking up Sproles. Miami dropped the ball by not going after him themselves. We'll see what your rookie back brings to the table. You had two top five picks at RB back there. Not sure how much improvement you can really expect from a late second round rookie. Rookie RB's also tend to get QB's killed in pass protection, but that may be a plus for you.

Pouncy's a good addition, but what's the story with Jake Long?

You guys have a long way to go to get to good.

Fair assesment. as for big Jake hes still rehabing his shoulder and banged up his knee a little bit. their taking no chances with him, so he will probaly miss the.entire preaseason but is expected to start the season opener. They know what they got in jake no need to push him.

Even if Miami has a "decent" year, I think that would be the worst thing for you guys dolphann. You need to blow everything up, not just accept 8-8 seasons. I think your franchise is where we were at 5 years ago, except you don't have a competent owner.

I hate the idea of losing to get better. I want to win as much as possible and not just hope we fail to get a good qb. What ever front office is in place here in the coming year wil hopefully grow a pair and make whatever move is nesscary to obtain a quality NFL QB. Theres really not much to blow up. Young WR core, Young Defense....we jsut have a sh*tty QB and Coach lol

I hate the idea of losing to get better. I want to win as much as possible and not just hope we fail to get a good qb. What ever front office is in place here in the coming year wil hopefully grow a pair and make whatever move is nesscary to obtain a quality NFL QB.

In the long run you will come to understand the Dolphins have a major problem moving forward: the owner is an uber-douche who doesn't understand a single thing about football.

Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled because of this. But as long as this is the case, and seeing as he just bought the team in the last couple of years it's gonna be a while, Dolphins fans are screwed.

ok this is just meant as a simple question: why do Dolphin fans post on this board? has this been explained before?

Because its god awful to go on to finheaven.com and jerk each other off to dolphin talk. Fin fans over there are very unrealistic. Rather come on here and battle back and forth....it's fun.

In the long run you will come to understand the Dolphins have a major problem moving forward: the owner is an uber-douche who doesn't understand a single thing about football.

Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled because of this. But as long as this is the case, and seeing as he just bought the team in the last couple of years it's gonna be a while, Dolphins fans are screwed.

I dont think you need to have a owner to know about football to be successfull. Ross spends and i like that. We just have jackasses that determine who the money is spent on. Is woody johnson some friggin football guru? c'mon bro. You hired Rex and he ended up being a beast and Tanny has done a good job too. Yuo got great chemistry with your GM/Coach combo.

I dont think you need to have a owner to know about football to be successfull. Ross spends and i like that. We just have jackasses that determine who the money is spent on. Is woody johnson some friggin football guru? c'mon bro. You hired Rex and he ended up being a beast and Tanny has done a good job too. Yuo got great chemistry with your GM/Coach combo.

Its starts with the owner.

Woody isn't a football guru but he also isn't an egomaniacal idiot like Ross.

Archived