Eagles get Steve Smith NYG

madmikeisback

Bro, we are way better than just about everyone.

I'm prime for both Burress and Mason, but I haven't understood why the Jets never went after Smith. He's only 26 years of age and put up 107 receptions, 1,220 receiving yards to go along with 7 TD's in 2009. That's impressive for a 3rd year player. He's heading into his 5th season, this is yet another strong addition for the Eagles. The Eagles are obviously the team to beat out of the NFC East and maybe even the entire conference. Lets not compare the Eagles to Dan Snyder and the Redskins all because the Eagles have had one hell of an offseason. They've kept their core team together and improved like crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khjHfeP_nJM

Their offense with Vick under center is simply loaded, it's down right scary. LeSean McCoy at RB, DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, Jason Avant and recently added Steve Smith? That's what I consider fully loaded. They also feature a solid pass catching TE in Brent Celek. Now, when the Eagles go 5 wide, spreading out the defense with Vick, Jackson, Maclin, Smith, Avant and McCoy, it'll be fun to watch. With the threat of Vick taking off, how can you contain that much talent on the football field? Sinorice Moss and Riley Cooper can also contribute when called upon.

didn't stoic used to be a Jets fan?

Come on, you know I bleed green and white. I don't know what you are complaining about since I said we were better than the Giants! I am sorry I have been negative lately, something about this off-season worries me. But I will hold my tongue and see how it plays out... Go jets!

There's a reason it took this long for anyone to sign Smith to begin with. The guy isn't going to be able to play for a couple of months still. It made perfect sense for the Jets to never look at him, because with his injury situation they weren't going to sign him instead of Mason, and why would they bring him in on top of Mason? So that he can come in half way through the season and start stealing reps from Kerley? There's just not a whole lot of logic to it. I seriously doubt he does much of anything this year, given he'll be coming in late to a new team, offensive system and QB. All this would be for any team is a potential late season depth player, nothing more.

There's a reason it took this long for anyone to sign Smith to begin with. The guy isn't going to be able to play for a couple of months still. It made perfect sense for the Jets to never look at him, because with his injury situation they weren't going to sign him instead of Mason, and why would they bring him in on top of Mason? So that he can come in half way through the season and start stealing reps from Kerley? There's just not a whole lot of logic to it. I seriously doubt he does much of anything this year, given he'll be coming in late to a new team, offensive system and QB. All this would be for any team is a potential late season depth player, nothing more.

Word. You can't sign a guy to any kind of deal until you see him run. No run, no deal.

The Eagles, not content with simply collecting all stars for their starters, are now in the process of building a second viable backup team that is probably better than the Arizona Cardinal's starters. Maybe their new plan is to play half the team the first half and then the second half to finish the game.