Ducasse Appears on the Cusp of Doing Big Things

flgreen

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, so I've been anti-Ducasse. I have a reason. That reason happens to be a family member that is, well, close to the Jets organization in a very hands-on way. Not going further. but yes, believe it or not, I have some "insider information". From what I've been told, Vlad was not intended to be a RT replacemetn for Woody. He was actually being groomed as a big, mean, road-grader type guard, but just didn't have the skills. So he was moved to Rt to see if his ability to work in space might be more suited to his strengths. So far, he has been unimpressive. That's all I got. But its certainly not a ringing endorsement.

Good info, and think this is actually true.

Obviously a disappointing evening for Ducasse. Jets will need to keep an eye on released OL. Vlad isn't going anywhere this year, but they need another reliable backup. Carrying eight OL could impact the rest of the roster, too. I think they might like to carry six WR's, but that would make it difficult.

Obviously a disappointing evening for Ducasse. Jets will need to keep an eye on released OL. Vlad isn't going anywhere this year, but they need another reliable backup. Carrying eight OL could impact the rest of the roster, too. I think they might like to carry six WR's, but that would make it difficult.

Jon Stinchcomb, RT, got released by the Saints. Started for I think 8 years. Should be able to come in, shouldn't cost more than a few million.

Okay, so I've been anti-Ducasse. I have a reason. That reason happens to be a family member that is, well, close to the Jets organization in a very hands-on way. Not going further. but yes, believe it or not, I have some "insider information". From what I've been told, Vlad was not intended to be a RT replacemetn for Woody. He was actually being groomed as a big, mean, road-grader type guard, but just didn't have the skills. So he was moved to Rt to see if his ability to work in space might be more suited to his strengths. So far, he has been unimpressive. That's all I got. But its certainly not a ringing endorsement.

I have to give you an apology for a post I didn't make.(Thank God) You would have had fun with me tomorrow if I had.

Ducasse sucked tonight, Didn't matter if he was a RT, RG, or LG. He sucked.

If Turner is seriously hurt, and I think he is, The Jets have to get a good #2 OL.

It ain't Ducasse.

John Stinchcomb just got released by the Saints. Also, Damien Woody.

I have to give you an apology for a post I didn't make.(Thank God) You would have had fun with me tomorrow if I had.

Ducasse sucked tonight, Didn't matter if he was a RT, RG, or LG. He sucked.

If Turner is seriously hurt, and I think he is, The Jets have to get a good #2 OL.

It ain't Ducasse.

If Turner is hurt the Jets need a solid backup that can play G and C. If you are worried about Ducasse sucking we need another T. The problem is that we go from 3 guys to 4 because it's unlikely they cut Ducasse now.

Jon Stinchcomb, RT, got released by the Saints. Started for I think 8 years. Should be able to come in, shouldn't cost more than a few million.

I read he was pretty hurt, though. I think I'd be more interested in late cuts.

Vlad is horrible and flat footed he stinks. he was the worst player out there for the Jets tonight. But of course since hes a second round pick will keep paying him becuase numbers mean everything. Vernone Goldston Part 2

Gholston didn't get any QB's killed picking his azz on the bench. Won't be able to say that about DuCurse if he stays and gets in games.

Gholston didn't get any QB's killed picking his azz on the bench. Won't be able to say that about DuCurse if he stays and gets in games.

Ducasse is on the cusp of getting Sanchez injured for the year, and yes that is a big thing. Worst since Adrien Clarke. :angry:

Im not sure what they saw in this guy when they drafted him but hes slow, flat footed, and looks clueless. I know this cant be his fault but the guy who rolled up on Turners leg beat vlad so bad it was shocking. In a preseason game the least Vald should have done was try and tackle the guy rather than let him get a free shot at the QB for christs sake.

Im not sure what they saw in this guy when they drafted him but hes slow, flat footed, and looks clueless. I know this cant be his fault but the guy who rolled up on hunters leg beat vlad so bad it was shocking. In a preseason game the least Vald should have done was try and tackle the guy rather than let him get a free shot at the QB for christs sake.

What kills me is the fact that the guys that beat him arent even that good of players themselves. If he gets matched up on a good player this year (god forbid) hell get beat 20 times. <_<

What kills me is the fact that the guys that beat him arent even that good of players themselves. If he gets matched up on a good player this year (god forbid) hell get beat 20 times. <_<

If we are ever in a position that this guy even touches the field during the regular season not only do I fear for Sanchez' life but Im not sure how he will ever have time to do anything more than a 3 step drop. BTW notice how Sanchez got involved early ? This is what Ive been talking about all off season that will turn Sanchez Completion percentage around. Guess the Tom Moore influence is taking effect. Dare I say Shott actully did it right tonight ... Hides B)

If we are ever in a position that this guy even touches the field during the regular season not only do I fear for Sanchez' life but Im not sure how he will ever have time to do anything more than a 3 step drop. BTW notice how Sanchez got involved early ? This is what Ive been talking about all off season that will turn Sanchez Completion percentage around. Guess the Tom Moore influence is taking effect. Dare I say Shott actully did it right tonight ... Hides B)

It was nice to see Mason make the Braylon grab a couple times on those two step drops...Maybe we will be okay after all..Nice to see Patrick Turner get that TD as well. Lose M.Campbell he lost us the game at the end, but sign DePalma # 87 to the practice squad, he looked good on special teams.

It was nice to see Mason make the Braylon grab a couple times on those two step drops...Maybe we will be okay after all..Nice to see Patrick Turner get that TD as well. Lose M.Campbell he lost us the game at the end, but sign DePalma # 87 to the practice squad, he looked good on special teams.

Yea DePalma made no mistakes whatsoever. And showed some guts. I like this kid alot. Hope he can stick.

Vlad is horrible and flat footed he stinks. he was the worst player out there for the Jets tonight. But of course since hes a second round pick will keep paying him becuase numbers mean everything. Vernone Goldston Part 2

Been a long time since I have seen a NYJ lineman look that bad. Had no answer for the rush and got both QB's hammered.

I think Rex is trying his he's gonna make his move this year move.. alla Vernon Gholston.

Vlad is another swing and a miss. We will need a RT.

Loved reading this. This is the first I've heard any analysis of Vlad's progression and I love what I hear. If this kid is what he's cracked up to be can you imagine how good this line can be for the next 5-6 years?

Sounds like the Jets could be looking at a Wally Pip situation if Hunter or Slauson go down at some point this year.

That's the last time I listen to Matts Slauson's analysis of a player.

The kid looked terrible.

So how many OLs do the Jets sign today?

Been a long time since I have seen a NYJ lineman look that bad. Had no answer for the rush and got both QB's hammered.

I think Rex is trying his he's gonna make his move this year move.. alla Vernon Gholston.

Vlad is another swing and a miss. We will need a RT.

Vlad was horrible!!!! I was watching the game with my buddies and all I could think about was him possibly getting Sanchez or any QB for that matter hurt real bad.

Ducasse is not an answer to any question the Jets have on the 0-line.

Vlad was horrible!!!! I was watching the game with my buddies and all I could think about was him possibly getting Sanchez or any QB for that matter hurt real bad.

Ducasse is not an answer to any question the Jets have on the 0-line.

Shockingly bad. Im not sure if he seemed worse because of the little bit of positive hype that came outta camp, but the guy looked end of career Jason Fabini bad.

Archived