Ducasse Appears on the Cusp of Doing Big Things

flgreen

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shockingly bad. Im not sure if he seemed worse because of the little bit of positive hype that came outta camp, but the guy looked end of career Jason Fabini bad.

LOL, I had forgotten about Fabini. He was a horror show at the end

If he's looked good in practice, what does that say about our pass rushers?

Actully according to Rex everyone looks good. I would not take anything Rex says to heart hes just trying to pump up his players. I cant see how Ducasse can look good in any way shape or form.

Actully according to Rex everyone looks good. I would not take anything Rex says to heart hes just trying to pump up his players. I cant see how Ducasse can look good in any way shape or form.

Yes, i would've made that comment in thread last week..

But still, he as out there starting

I'm not one that gets too excited or too down about preseason games, but you have to be a little concerned about Ducasse.

I know it's only his second year, and they didn't have much of an offseason in terms of preparation and teaching, but geez o' pete, he looks absolutely awful.

Cally definitely has his hands full with this project.

Hope he can get this kid on track.

The guy has horrible footwork and balance. What good is it if he's 330 pounds if he can't use any of it.

Vlad's problems are technique not his physical gifts. I think there is still potential in this player. Whether Callhan and rex can make him meet his potential, we shall see.

Vlad's problems are technique not his physical gifts. I think there is still potential in this player. Whether Callhan and rex can make him meet his potential, we shall see.

Part 3. It's officially a trilogy. Which makes sense because Gholston is sort of like the Empire Strikes Back of football players.

Part 3. It's officially a trilogy. Which makes sense because Gholston is sort of like the Empire Strikes Back of football players.

Do me a favor Rutgers every time you mention Gholston I want you to mention Revis too. Every time you mention Vlad I want you to mention Mark Sanchez. Or Dbrick.

I don't know at what point it became expected for every draft pick to hit but trust me the Jets hit way more than most teams. and all we read about is Gholston. Do you like being sad?

ps- empire was the best one!

Shockingly bad. Im not sure if he seemed worse because of the little bit of positive hype that came outta camp, but the guy looked end of career Jason Fabini bad.

I agree 100% he looked lost out there...on those sacks he gave up it looked like he was barely able to get a hand on the d-end and watching him try to set up a screen was like watching a chicken run around with its head cut off

Do me a favor Rutgers every time you mention Gholston I want you to mention Revis too. Every time you mention Vlad I want you to mention Mark Sanchez. Or Dbrick.

This makes no sense at all. None of those players have ever at any point in their career looked as bad as Gholston or Vlad, or as useless as DRob. You're talking about guys that have just played poorly, not busts.

(cue the Sanchez rebuttals, but still...)

Ducasse's issues are mental and technique driven. He has the size and strength, but that is all. His feet look like cinder blocks and everything he does has a air of hesitation. He needs to realize that someone is going to seriously get hurt because of him and use it as motivation to improve. Right now, he's beyond terrible at 2 of the 3 most important overall traits of being a successful Offeinsive Lineman.

you are another one really adding to the board. You guys think this place is better than JI but with comments like this, it really isn't.

It's because we've all seen this act from you before. A player looks horrible. We all see it. You claim they just need time to develop/try to rationalize that they aren't so bad. Three years later, you realize they actually suck.

That has nothing to do with things you are right on. This is the Dewayne Robertson/Gholston conversation all over again.

This makes no sense at all. None of those players have ever at any point in their career looked as bad as Gholston or Vlad, or as useless as DRob. You're talking about guys that have just played poorly, not busts.

(cue the Sanchez rebuttals, but still...)

my point is why does everyone remember the 2 bad draft picks but we take the 10 good ones for granted?

It's because we've all seen this act from you before. A player looks horrible. We all see it. You claim they just need time to develop/try to rationalize that they aren't so bad. Three years later, you realize they actually suck.

That has nothing to do with things you are right on. This is the Dewayne Robertson/Gholston conversation all over again.

even if all that is true, it's no justification for telling me to shut up. I'd rather be told to eff off than to shut up.

Not for nothin, but Kenrick Ellis = bowling ball w/butcher knives. :yes:

and let me also add Drob started 80+ games, 32 in his first 2 years, including 2 playoff wins, he had over 100 tackles and an avg of 3+ sacks a year until he left the Jets, which he did after his knee basically wore out. As far as draft picks go there are worse draft picks than Drob. For example Jon Sullivan taken 2 picks after Drob was out of the league in less than 3 years.

Even Gholston you guys spent hours bashing about how worthless he was, he got signed to the Bears in about 5 minutes after free agency started, and there were other teams in the hunt. I remember threads on this board saying he'd never get another job.

He already had a full year of practicing with NFL players and he looks HORRIBLE. Not good.

he had a few months in 2010 and then a lockout from Jan to July. So he's had about 6 months of practice, total. We are talking about a guy who moved to America from Haiti when he was 14 and didn't play football until high school. Vlad's technique being raw isn't surprising.

he had a few months in 2010 and then a lockout from Jan to July. So he's had about 6 months of practice, total. We are talking about a guy who moved to America from Haiti when he was 14 and didn't play football until high school. Vlad's technique being raw isn't surprising.

Right but you would still think there would be some improvement from yr 1 to 2 and if anything he was worse.

I agree 100% he looked lost out there...on those sacks he gave up it looked like he was barely able to get a hand on the d-end and watching him try to set up a screen was like watching a chicken run around with its head cut off

He worse at chasing chickens than Rocky Balboa. Chickens belong in a fryer.

Gholston is like Empire in that, in the end, nothing went right for the good guys.

Empire ends on such a down note. I mean, that's what life is, a series of down endings.

All right, look-you're a roofer, and some juicy government contract comes your way; you got the wife and kids and the two-story in suburbia - this is a government contract, which means all sorts of benefits. All of a sudden these left-wing militants blast you with lasers and wipe out everyone within a three-mile radius. You didn't ask for that. You have no personal politics. You're just trying to scrape out a living.

Ducasse's issues are mental and technique driven. He has the size and strength, but that is all. His feet look like cinder blocks and everything he does has a air of hesitation. He needs to realize that someone is going to seriously get hurt because of him and use it as motivation to improve. Right now, he's beyond terrible at 2 of the 3 most important overall traits of being a successful Offeinsive Lineman.

+1

He's not sure of what he's doing, and as a result looks much slower on the field than he actually is.

I'm not one to pile on young players, and I'm not going to start with Ducasse. The guy was drafted as a project. He didn't even know what a football was until he was in 11th grade. No one was hurt more by the lockout than Vlad. This guy is in serious need of intense one-on-one coaching. The Jets may've drafted him too high, but that will result in him sticking around beyond this season to get a chance to prove he was worth the pick.

In the meantime, I certainly agree that he's not ready for primetime. The Jets definitely need to find additional depth on the waiver wire.

All right, look-you're a roofer, and some juicy government contract comes your way; you got the wife and kids and the two-story in suburbia - this is a government contract, which means all sorts of benefits. All of a sudden these left-wing militants blast you with lasers and wipe out everyone within a three-mile radius. You didn't ask for that. You have no personal politics. You're just trying to scrape out a living.

LOL nice Clerks reference

let me also add

Drob was a 4 pick, Gholston was a 6 pick and Vlad Ducasse was picked 61 overall. But it's a trilogy of failure.

next you're gonna tell me that the Scotty McKnight pick will doom the franchise

Archived