Ducasse Appears on the Cusp of Doing Big Things

flgreen

Bit may hold onto his beliefs/outlooks on obvious stiffs too long, but I dont think he's ever struck me as arrogant or anything like that.

I can see how you'd think that, as I honestly never had any issues with him for the longest time. That is, until one day when I dared to strongly disagree with him on a topic. It was then that I realized that is all it takes for him to treat people like complete and utter garbage. As long as everyone is praising his vast scouting process he's fine, but don't dare question him... ever.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see how you'd think that, as I honestly never had any issues with him for the longest time. That is, until one day when I dared to strongly disagree with him on a topic. It was then that I realized that is all it takes for him to treat people like complete and utter garbage. As long as everyone is praising his vast scouting process he's fine, but don't dare question him... ever.

drop it Beeg

Max should start a forum called the Hater's forum you, Rut, Bleed, and other haters can hang out there, bashing everything, contributing nothing

whens the last time you made a call Aten, one way or the other?

here's how these threads work, Vlad makes mistakes in preseason game 1, it's 9 pages of gloom and doom

eventually he becomes a starter and plays ok, no one says boo

we've seen this before countless times

if a guy isn't instantly good, everyone says he sucks

im willing to wait and see

Sounds like you talking about Joe McKnight last year. Fair is fair, Bit.

Bears DE Vernon Gholston "hasn’t shown a lot" in training camp.He was similarly invisible in the Bears' preseason opener on Saturday. The epic 2008 draft bust will get a few more chances to prove himself at defensive end in the Bears' 4-3 defense, but the odds he makes the roster are low. Aug 14, 12:38 PMSource: Chicago Tribune

lol can't teach an old bust new tricks!

Sounds like you talking about Joe McKnight last year. Fair is fair, Bit.

that is fair.

Bleed says i never admit when I was wrong, taht's untrue I've admitted all sort of things. Haters are too blinded by hate to see it or care. But I've admitted wrong on Drob and Gholston.

as for McKnight I don't know what he is right now (besides concussed) but he does show flashes of talent. I just don't believe he will ever deliver on his giant potential.

Even last night he's good in open space and he gets crushed in pass blocking. His entire college career has been injury prone and underperformed... and that's why they drafted Powell.

a guy like Vlad we don't really know what he's capable of... he's so raw yes he could be a bust but he also could not have learned yet. mcKnight was once the best prep running back in the country i don't think he's got more to learn. Unless it's how to be a professional and learn how to be more consistent.

but you are right, in the end, McKnight has time to prove he can get better too, as does Vlad. I probably jumped the gun after his vomit comit display at minicamps.

smashmouth you asked about how to improve on slow... if a guy is unsure it can manifest as slow. I don't think Vlad is physically slow, in fact he's got very good feet for a guy who is 330. I think he needs to learn more not just about what his assignments are, but what his technique should be. I think there's hope there. If the worst you all can say about me is that i'm overly hopeful about Jets players, I can accept that.. and would rather live on the sunny side of the street.

one other note I never said i was a scout, I never pretended to know more than any1 else. If someone else puts that title on me, that's their business. I know I can be stubborn. I've always called myself a fan of the game and a fan of the draft. I've never called myself an expert. I enjoy debate and I often find myself on the devils advocate side of these discussions. That's who I am and I even post with my real name. If people think I am mistreating them, that was not my intention.

I don't have any idea how Ducasse will work out and right now he looks like a danger to his teammates, but it has been said that the Lockout would have the worst impact on 2nd year players because of the lack of the much needed full offseason program when players make "the jump."

Worse more for 2nd year projects like Ducasse. If anybody on this teem needed OTAs it was him. Don't forget that English is his second language (native of Haiti).

He's more like a rookie+ than a 2nd year player. I agree with Slats that he looked clueless at times and I believe the lack of an offseason program is at least partially to blame.

"Vlad Ducasse broke Robert Turner's leg"

i've seen variations on that all day, on several sites

I have a hard time subscribing to this theory

if we are being technical JJ Watt broke Rob Turner's leg.

saying it was Vlad's missed block which led to Mark's step up, which led to JJ Watt rolling up Turner... it's a little 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon for me. YEs it somewhat true but let me re-iterate, JJ Watt broke Rob Turner's leg. That's actually what happened. If JJ Watt wasn't such a beast, it never would have happened. Yes Vlad might be a terrible player but he didn't hurt Robert Turner. It's football not chess we can't think 3 moves ahead.

and fwiw i don't think Vlad is the last person JJ watt beats this year. The dude is game-time athletic freak

Guest Jpf4671

"Vlad Ducasse broke Robert Turner's leg"

i've seen variations on that all day, on several sites

I have a hard time subscribing to this theory

if we are being technical JJ Watt broke Rob Turner's leg.

saying it was Vlad's missed block which led to Mark's step up, which led to JJ Watt rolling up Turner... it's a little 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon for me. YEs it somewhat true but let me re-iterate, JJ Watt broke Rob Turner's leg. That's actually what happened. If JJ Watt wasn't such a beast, it never would have happened. Yes Vlad might be a terrible player but he didn't hurt Robert Turner. It's football not chess we can't think 3 moves ahead.

and fwiw i don't think Vlad is the last person JJ watt beats this year. The dude is game-time athletic freak

You're wrong,.JJ Watt can't be an "athletic freak" he's white! He's a high energy guy with a great motor and a tireless work ethic

Players speed up significantly when they know what they're doing.

Right. The play that SoFla is complaining about he looked inside - that should be his first look - but he was way too slow to look outside and pick up the actual rusher. It seemed more like he was thinking, "look inside, now look outside, oh sh*t!" I felt the same about Gholston and evidently he either can't or won't speed up, but I don't know if Ducasse can or will.

He seems better suited to guard at this point, but they set him up to fail. Take a kid, new to football, played at a small school, switch him from T to G, then tell him to prep at T, no OTAs or camp, then start him at G. Great job! You're a guard! You're a tackle! You're a guard! You suck!

Right. The play that SoFla is complaining about he looked inside - that should be his first look - but he was way too slow to look outside and pick up the actual rusher. It seemed more like he was thinking, "look inside, now look outside, oh sh*t!" I felt the same about Gholston and evidently he either can't or won't speed up, but I don't know if Ducasse can or will.

He seems better suited to guard at this point, but they set him up to fail. Take a kid, new to football, played at a small school, switch him from T to G, then tell him to prep at T, no OTAs or camp, then start him at G. Great job! You're a guard! You're a tackle! You're a guard! You suck!

Well, to be fair to the CS. They were without both the starting G and C. Turner is primarily a backup C that can also fill in at G if need be. Ducasse is primarily a T (though not a great one yet) that can not so adequately fill in at G. Basically, what Im trying to say, is that Turner is both the backup C and G. Ducasse is the backup T and 3rd string G. Since Turner had to start at C, Ducasse was forced to step in at G.

Well, to be fair to the CS. They were without both the starting G and C. Turner is primarily a backup C that can also fill in at G if need be. Ducasse is primarily a T (though not a great one yet) that can not so adequately fill in at G. Basically, what Im trying to say, is that Turner is both the backup C and G. Ducasse is the backup T and 3rd string G. Since Turner had to start at C, Ducasse was forced to step in at G.

Agreed, but nobody wants to be fair to Ducasse, why the **** should we be fair to the CS?

He's a bust? WTF? He looked like sh*t. Big deal. Winston Justice has looked worse and he was slated to start the season at RT for the offseason champion Philadelphia Eagles. Oh my! A project looked like sh*t!

4 sacks gave up in one game is beyond a project. Thats an arena league player. Bust.

4 sacks gave up in one game is beyond a project. Thats an arena league player. Bust.

It's four now? You sure it's not 15? Justice gave 3 in a series to Osi and people here had suggested that the Jets should have drafted Leinart and then Justice in the 2nd instead of Clemens and Brick. He probably will be a bust, but you saying it doesn't make it true.

It's four now? You sure it's not 15? Justice gave 3 in a series to Osi and people here had suggested that the Jets should have drafted Leinart and then Justice in the 2nd instead of Clemens and Brick. He probably will be a bust, but you saying it doesn't make it true.

why would you defend this waste of space that nearly killed both Sanchez and McElroy? He's easily the worst OL since Adrien Clarke in 2007.

why would you defend this waste of space that nearly killed both Sanchez and McElroy? He's easily the OL since Adrien Clarke in 2007.

He is a young project with huge upside. He had a horrible game. Jumping up and down chanting bust isn't going to make that change. OTOH, cutting him would be incredibly stupid and shortsighted. He may eventually turn into a starting quality player, particularly at G. This is a Haitian kid that didn't play football until a few years ago and went to UMass. He didn't know if he was playing G or T and had to play both in the same game. The reason you draft projects is to develop them. If you want win that's what you do.

PS: I find it amusing that you ask how I could defend Ducasse when you are defending Aaron Maybin in another thread. That useless scrub can't even get within 25 pounds of his playing weight.

Guy was one of the very last picks in the second round. Regardless of how bad he does or doesn't suck, does that even fall into the category of being eligible to reach the status of "bust"?

When he plays upto the level of an undrafted free agent i'd say yes. Felix was undrafted and out played him last night.

He is a young project with huge upside. He had a horrible game. Jumping up and down chanting bust isn't going to make that change. OTOH, cutting him would be incredibly stupid and shortsighted. He may eventually turn into a starting quality player, particularly at G. This is a Haitian kid that didn't play football until a few years ago and went to UMass. He didn't know if he was playing G or T and had to play both in the same game. The reason you draft projects is to develop them. If you want win that's what you do.

PS: I find it amusing that you ask how I could defend Ducasse when you are defending Aaron Maybin in another thread. That useless scrub can't even get within 25 pounds of his playing weight.

Rex can get him to be a player imo. Rex cant save someone on the oline that Callahan cant get to follow schemes or pickup the correct blitzer. :face:

Archived