Ducasse Appears on the Cusp of Doing Big Things

flgreen

Rex is going to turn Maybin into Shawn Merriman, but he can't get improvement from somebody who has had under 1 year of top level coaching?

Rex knows sh*t from apple butter about offense. He lets his assistants run the show. Like Schotty's horrid play calling and Callahan's great Oline coaching (thank god)

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rex knows sh*t from apple butter about offense. He lets his assistants run the show. Like Schotty's horrid play calling and Callahan's great Oline coaching (thank god)

If Callahan is so ******* smart why did they draft Ducasse? I mean you can tell he's a bust after 1 quarter of the 1st preseason game, and they had every opportunity to watch and work this kid out.

Perry Fewell and Dick Jauron know a thing or two about defense and they, like George Edwards, evidently didn't think too highly of Maybin.

If Callahan is so ******* smart why did they draft Ducasse? I mean you can tell he's a bust after 1 quarter of the 1st preseason game, and they had every opportunity to watch and work this kid out.

Perry Fewell and Dick Jauron know a thing or two about defense and they, like George Edwards, evidently didn't think too highly of Maybin.

Callahan like everyone else believed the hype around Dookie-a$$ during the combine. He was simply drafted by his size alon 6-5, 325, which is impressive and his dominance of high school level teams. He's far from a second rounder that was obvious last night. Somewhere in the nfl thers a 6th or seventh rnder from the same draft that is light years ahead of Dookie a$$. Hell Slausen was a 6th and ten times better last season.

Dook-a$$ looked like the second coming of Tony Mandarich last night.

Dookie-a$$ is a bust face it.

Callahan like everyone else believed the hype around Dookie-a$$ during the combine.

Somewhere in the nfl thers a 6th or seventh rnder from the same draft that is light years ahead of Dookie a$$.

1268207662518.jpg

Wayne Hunter himself was a 3rd round bust not too long ago.

Seriously.

Regardless of the round they were drafted in, big men can sometimes take longer to develop. The man was drafted as a project, everyone knows this. The fact that he didn't know what he was doing out on the field 10 days after the lockout ended in his second season is not a reason to start thinking about cutting him. The second round pick is already spent. Cutting him doesn't bring it back. In the meantime, he's collecting a small salary. The only thing he costs the team is a roster space, because there's no way the Jets would be able to get him onto their practice squad without another team scooping him up.

Patience.

Seriously.

Regardless of the round they were drafted in, big men can sometimes take longer to develop. The man was drafted as a project, everyone knows this. The fact that he didn't know what he was doing out on the field 10 days after the lockout ended in his second season is not a reason to start thinking about cutting him. The second round pick is already spent. Cutting him doesn't bring it back. In the meantime, he's collecting a small salary. The only thing he costs the team is a roster space, because there's no way the Jets would be able to get him onto their practice squad without another team scooping him up.

Patience.

Keyword SECOND SEASON he was getting guys killed last year he seems to be even worse this year. After watching the game again not only was this guy clueless (which can be coached) but he was physically beaten by both speed and strength (which cant be coached). He showed no reason to keep him around and I think its pretty obvious he will be cut at some point. We really need to shop for a few solid back up O-Lineman right now and work them into our system, because if this guy ever sees the field during the regular season due to injury, Sanchez is going to get killed and I dont think any of us are ready for that emo ride.

Keyword SECOND SEASON he was getting guys killed last year he seems to be even worse this year. After watching the game again not only was this guy clueless (which can be coached) but he was physically beaten by both speed and strength (which cant be coached). He showed no reason to keep him around and I think its pretty obvious he will be cut at some point. We really need to shop for a few solid back up O-Lineman right now and work them into our system, because if this guy ever sees the field during the regular season due to injury, Sanchez is going to get killed and I dont think any of us are ready for that emo ride.

Unless he's unwilling to learn, he's going to get at least a third training camp. People clamoring for him to get cut just don't understand that teams don't cut bait on their high draft picks until at least a third year in, unless they have some tremendous issue that warrants getting cut early. Just sucking doesn't cut it.

Unless he's unwilling to learn, he's going to get at least a third training camp. People clamoring for him to get cut just don't understand that teams don't cut bait on their high draft picks until at least a third year in, unless they have some tremendous issue that warrants getting cut early. Just sucking doesn't cut it.

Does almost getting 2 QB's killed count for something ? This guy is not only mentally challenged he was physically beaten by both speed and strength you cant teach that JVOR. We need solid backups not guys that may get our emerging QB killed.

It's four now? You sure it's not 15? Justice gave 3 in a series to Osi and people here had suggested that the Jets should have drafted Leinart and then Justice in the 2nd instead of Clemens and Brick. He probably will be a bust, but you saying it doesn't make it true.

LMAO. It's like an urban legend. The number will grow over time. If the kid ever gets his sh*t together and actually does become a servicable NFL starter, it'll be "remember the time he gave up 19 sacks in one quarter of a preseason game?"

Does almost getting 2 QB's killed count for something ? This guy is not only mentally challenged he was physically beaten by both speed and strength you cant teach that JVOR. We need solid backups not guys that may get our emerging QB killed.

Mentally challenged? And you know this from your extensive personal interactions with him? It's one thing to kill the kid's performance but when you start to take personal shots at the kid you've crossed the line.

Look, the kid had a terrible game. It happens. Hopefully this isn't the end of the story. I, for one as a Jets fan, want to see this kid develop into something. He was a late 2nd round pick. He is not costing the Jets a fortune. His contract is not preventing the Jets from making any other moves. If he becomes a good player for us, this will be nothing more than a bump in the road.

Mentally challenged? And you know this from your extensive personal interactions with him? It's one thing to kill the kid's performance but when you start to take personal shots at the kid you've crossed the line.

Look, the kid had a terrible game. It happens. Hopefully this isn't the end of the story. I, for one as a Jets fan, want to see this kid develop into something. He was a late 2nd round pick. He is not costing the Jets a fortune. His contract is not preventing the Jets from making any other moves. If he becomes a good player for us, this will be nothing more than a bump in the road.

just stop it already. Missed assignments is the mental part of the game of which I was refering. People are making excuses for his mental mistakes to which I responded. For all I know the kid could be a genius but if you continuiosly make mental mistakes on the football field which require you to think and then react its very possible hes not making that connection. Do me a favor, dont argue just for the sake of it and dont assume what Im thinking. personal shots ?? You kill me man.

just stop it already. Missed assignments is the mental part of the game of which I was refering. People are making excuses for his mental mistakes to which I responded. For all I know the kid could be a genius but if you continuiosly make mental mistakes on the football field which require you to think and then react its very possible hes not making that connection. Do me a favor, dont argue just for the sake of it and dont assume what Im thinking. personal shots ?? You kill me man.

"Mentally challenged" were the words you chose. You specifically chose a the politically correct term for "retard" and you're telling me it wasn't a personal shot?

Whatever dude.

"Mentally challenged" were the words you chose. You specifically chose a the politically correct term for "retard" and you're telling me it wasn't a personal shot?

Whatever dude.

I see it all now. The mentally challenged comment was about his life outside of football. Why would it be anything else on a football message board. Im beginning to thing someone else might be mentally challenged to even bring up this arguement.

I see it all now. The mentally challenged comment was about his life outside of football. Why would it be anything else on a football message board. Im beginning to thing someone else might be mentally challenged to even bring up this arguement.

maybe mentally challenged isn't the best way to describe him Smash but I agree, you are not that far off-he seems to have no awareness about what has to be done on a football field-like I said every one of us would know if we were playing a game at the park by pointing and saying "YOU GOT THIS GUY-DON'T let him by you" Vlad doesn't seem to understand this from what I've seen the past two summers

maybe mentally challenged isn't the best way to describe him Smash but I agree, you are not that far off-he seems to have no awareness about what has to be done on a football field-like I said every one of us would know if we were playing a game at the park by pointing and saying "YOU GOT THIS GUY-DON'T let him by you" Vlad doesn't seem to understand this from what I've seen the past two summers

Yep i could have chose my words better. What worried me was his total flat footed play. You cant play like that in the NFL no way no how. Im not sure how they can teach that. Maybe the guy has issues carrying the weight it certainly looks that way.

Yep i could have chose my words better. What worried me was his total flat footed play. You cant play like that in the NFL no way no how. Im not sure how they can teach that. Maybe the guy has issues carrying the weight it certainly looks that way.

he's just not a good football player from what we've ALL seen between last year's PS games and this one Monday night-this isn't all of us Jets fans "overreacting again" this has been happening again and again with NO improvement being shown and from Monday night's horrid performance a big step backwards

Max said it best yesterday: "Vlad had one of the biggest setback games I can ever remember a player having."

Meh, he was a late 2nd round pick that everyone knew was a project going into the draft. He graded out high because of his strenght and agility.

Its all technique right now and he suffered from not having the full offseason, clearly. Its very early in this kids career and it was 1 preseason game. He's not going to be the immediate reserve. That player isnt currently on the roster.

Relax.

Meh, he was a late 2nd round pick that everyone knew was a project going into the draft. He graded out high because of his strenght and agility.

Its all technique right now and he suffered from not having the full offseason, clearly. Its very early in this kids career and it was 1 preseason game. He's not going to be the immediate reserve. That player isnt currently on the roster.

Relax.

JIF to be honest its hard to relax when QB;s are getting hit by mack trucks, because this guy didnt even get a hand on them. Sanchez our franchise QB got hammered 2 times. Just like last year when Rex said get that guy out of there hes gonna get someone killed, I could Imagine what he was saying this year. if it were one preseason game I would 100 % agree with you but the kid played terrible last year and I was expecting to see at least a little improvement. I dont think this is from the lockout he lost straight up battles in a really bad way. Next week when Sanchez plays close to a half do you want this kid anywhere near the field ?

JIF to be honest its hard to relax when QB;s are getting hit by mack trucks, because this guy didnt even get a hand on them. Sanchez our franchise QB got hammered 2 times. Just like last year when Rex said get that guy out of there hes gonna get someone killed, I could Imagine what he was saying this year. if it were one preseason game I would 100 % agree with you but the kid played terrible last year and I was expecting to see at least a little improvement. I dont think this is from the lockout he lost straight up battles in a really bad way. Next week when Sanchez plays close to a half do you want this kid anywhere near the field ?

good post and my answer to the last question is this: God NO!!!!!

It's just too funny how he struggled in his FIRST preseason game of the year with a shortened training camp and everyone suddenly hates him. It's not an easy position to start at as a rookie or even sophomore. Give the kid some time. Slauson was pretty bad at the beginning of the year as well, but towards the end he became very good. I think he'll develop just fine, and I'm very happy that the Jets business decisions are up to the front office and not a bunch of emotional fans.

Relax.

Exactly. I'm not gonna kill the kid for one preseason game. Vlad is a project. Hopefully one that Callahan will one day consider his greatest achievement.

It's just too funny how he struggled in his FIRST preseason game of the year with a shortened training camp and everyone suddenly hates him. It's not an easy position to start at as a rookie or even sophomore. Give the kid some time. Slauson was pretty bad at the beginning of the year as well, but towards the end he became very good. I think he'll develop just fine, and I'm very happy that the Jets business decisions are up to the front office and not a bunch of emotional fans.

But this has been going on now for tweo summers bro-at this point I don't even want to see him in front of Drew Willy

I agree with all sides of this argument to varying extents. As far as the criticism, I agree that at this point in his career I do not want to see him on the field protecting Sanchez. It's just too big of a risk, unfortunately. That said, he's still a young project with some serious physical gifts who had absolutely no offseason and I don't think it's unreasonable to give him more time. Before camp even opened, this was the one guy that all reports were saying was most likely to be negatively effected by the lack of offseason. The way I figure it, just like last year, the Jets will carry no less than 8 OL into the season, and I have no major issue with Vlad once again being OL #8.

Slauson is actually a good example, because that kid was absolutely brutalized last year with the criticism and while he had some struggles early, I thought he was pretty decent all things considered, for a second year 6th round pick thrown into a starting role. The amount of improvement he showed over the course of last year was staggering and at this point he's cemented in as the starting LG and in all honesty, deservedly so. That of course doesn't mean we'll see the same out of Vlad, but under the circumstances I don't think it's so unfathomable that the Jets at least give him the chance.

Whats next Rex putting on the pads and taking over at Center?

Matt Kroul is being tried out at center today bro-him and Robby Felix are back ups as of today according to Rex-they are waiting to find out the extent of Turner's injury before they make a move for an OLman

Rex Ryan says #Jets will try out Matt Kroul at center and "see what we have." Manish

Alright, I know Moore pulled off the DL-to-OL conversion VERY successfully, but the guy also did it over the course of multiple years, with time on the practice squad and in NFL Europe before ever making the team as a backup OL. I'm not sure what the Jets reasonably expect to get out of Kroul with 2 weeks worth of work on the OL. That's not even a knock against Kroul, it's just about keeping expectations reasonable.

If Vlad doesnt improve by the end of preseason im all for letting him go. See yaaaaaaaaa

that's not the Jets' way though VJ-we all know they hang on to every draft pick until the very last moment before giving up on them-Ducasse will be a Jet in 2011

Alright, I know Moore pulled off the DL-to-OL conversion VERY successfully, but the guy also did it over the course of multiple years, with time on the practice squad and in NFL Europe before ever making the team as a backup OL. I'm not sure what the Jets reasonably expect to get out of Kroul with 2 weeks worth of work on the OL. That's not even a knock against Kroul, it's just about keeping expectations reasonable.

IDK BG but a football player is a football player-you either know how to play the game or you don't-it's really a simple game-don't let the guy in front of you beat you to the QB no matter what-that's something that Vladimir Ducasse doesn't seem to get yet

Unreasonable expectations are our MO around here.

Archived