2016 NFL Fantasy Football Week 5: Start Em’ or Sit Em

JetNation

fantasy_football

Welcome to the Week 5 of the 2016 NFL season!

Every week, I will pick some players who I think will overachieve and underachieve based on ESPN’s weekly rankings. Please feel free to ask any lineup questions here or on Twitter.

Last week, I went 9-3 with my Overachievers and 9-3 with the Underachievers. We are on a pretty good roll!

Overachievers

QBs
  • Baltimore Ravens QB Joe Flacco – QB 13: The Washington Redskins defense is putrid. They are another play against them every week.
  • Chicago Bears QB Brian Hoyer- QB 15: He has been a top 5 fantasy QB the past 2 weeks and the Colts are not stopping anyone.
  • Carolina Panthers QB Derek Anderson – QB 22: I do not think Newton plays this week. and he has always done well when stepping in for Carolina. Tampa Bay is another awful defense.
RBs
  • Baltimore Ravens RB Terrance West- RB 17: He looked great last week and the Redskins rush defense cannot stop anyone.
  • Philadelphia Eagles RB Darren Sproles- RB 30: A RB2 all season and I still have doubts about Matthews health.
  • Miami Dolphins RB Jay Ajayi- RB 37: Adam Gase came out and said he is going to two back system and I think he gets the bulk of the carries.
WRs
  • Oakland Raiders WR Michael Crabtree- WR 16: He has been in this column more than anyone, he receives the most targets in and out of the red zone on the Raiders.
  • Green Bay Packers WR Randall Cobb- WR 25: The Giants defense will focus on Jordy nelson which should leave him to run free.
  • New York Giants WR Sterling Shepard- WR 27: He has been the best fantasy receiver on the team and the Packers pass defense is pretty shaky being in the bottom 10.
TEs
  • New England Patriots TE Martellus Bennett- TE 11: I am worried about Gronk and expect Brady to throw the ball all over the field against the Browns.
K
  • Philadelphia Eagles K Caleb Sturgis- K 14: I have the Eagles scoring over 25 points this week so he should be good for a solid eight or nine.
D/ST
  • Pittsburgh Steelers D- D 10: They have been very much improved and get the turnover prone New York Jets.

Underachievers

QBs
  • Detroit Lions. QB Matt Stafford- QB 11: The Eagles stopped the Steelers cold and this team is much worse.
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers QB Jameis Winston- QB 14: Looks like his play has regressed and I can see a bounce back from the Carolina Panthers
  • Atlanta Falcons QB Matt Ryan- QB 16: He is the number one fantasy QB but I would never play any QB versus the Broncos.
RBs
  • New England Patriots RB LeGarrette Blount- RB 10: Tom Brady is back, I expect very little running in this one.
  • New York Jets RB Matt Forte- RB 14: The Steelers is the number one run defense and Forte is quite banged up right now.
  • Oakland Raiders RB Latavius Murray – RB 22: Just awful and in a 3 way job share.
WRs
  • Houston Texans WR DeAndre Hopkins – WR 10: Do not play any offensive guy against the Vikings especially at home.
  • Oakland Raiders WR Amari Cooper – WR 20: David Carr just ignores him in the red zone.
  • Cleveland Browns WR Terelle Pryor- WR 22: The Patriots will take away the best offensive option this week.

TE

• New England Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski- TE 3: The hamstring has still not healed, I am quite concerned.

K

• Washington Redskins K Dustin Hopkins- K 7: The Ravens will slow down this offense so I do not expect many opportunities.

D/ST

• Houston Texans D- D 9: They looked a bit shell shocked last week in first one without Watt and now go on the road.

Thank you for reading and hit me up on Twitter.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
8iVQ1raasJo

Click here to read the full story...

Archived