How about Two TE Formations???

Villain The Foe

To start, Geno doesnt "stink" but he is looking like a rookie. It seems like the Jets are acting like Jet fans and are more concerned with the problems we have instead of finding solutions with what we have. I say we need to use Wilson and Cumberland much much more within the offense now that we're down both our #1/#2 WR's. 

I've been hearing the complaints about Geno holding on to the ball too long. My issue with this is the fact that its a correct statement. I thought that this was a west coast offense that we were running? Shouldnt we be seeing more timing routes? Shouldnt we see him more under center? YES, I understand that he played mostly Gun/Pistol in college but c'mon dude...under center should be absolutely fundamental. Running a west coast offense means that we must have WR's that are comfortable catching the football in traffic and on timing at a particular point in space. Not only do we not have such WR's but Geno isnt as accurate with the ball because he's still thinking on the field. The west coast offense as I understand it requires quickness and throwing to spots mainly on timing. 

If this is that fact then Geno needs to get the ball from under center much more than what he is. This will also protect him because they'd be able to incorporate alot of 3 and 5 step drops that will keep Vlad from killing Geno in the pocket. 

Geno also needs some more role out plays. What I would love to see is a 5 step drop with a two TE set. We dont have WR's that can catch in traffic outside of holmes, however we have two nicely sized TE's that are big athletic targets, and TE's are designed to catch in traffic. Take advantage of the mismatches on the field. Create attention toward your TE's so your WR's could then take advantage. Run some crossing plays. Nothing wrong with running 3 receivers on crossing routes creating defenders playing man to run into one other and hit the correct guy on a timing route to convert 1st downs. Role Powell out into the slot or wide. He's shown that he can catch the ball and get YAC. The Jets have to find a way to create mismatches. 

Instead of the Jets making it a statement that they're looking at WR's they instead need to figure out the talent that they have and utilize it to the fullest. A team thats great at doing this is a division rival...the Patriots. The Jets need to get with the program. 

Archived