Fantasy Football Week 2 Start ‘em and Sit ‘em

JetNation

fantasy_football

Welcome to our 2nd installment of Start ‘em and Sit ‘em.  I try and not call out obvious decisions and make this productive for possible decisions that fantasy owner have to make.  We have done with for a few years with good results and great feedback.  I also caution to not overreact to your studs, if you drafted them in 1st 5-6 rounds or paid a high price for them in the auction, make believe last week did not happen unless you have Victor Cruz  J.  Last week we started pretty well going 10-2 in the Start ‘Em  and struggled a bit in the Sit “em going 4-6.  Please feel free to direct any questions to me either below or on Twitter.   Let’s get to this week’s list;

Start ‘Em

• Carson Palmer – He goes on the road but gets the Giants defense who look lost especially against the pass, this is a top 10 QB this week.
  • Jake Locker – If you are streaming QB’s always go against the Cowboys, it does not get easier especially at home.
  • Knowshown Moreno – He is an every week start with the amount of touches it looks like he will get.
  • Terrance West – He is now the RB1 in an offense that will feed the Rb’s and has a plus home matchup versus the Saints.
  • Justin Forsett – I do not like his long term prospects but with an awful Steelers rushing defense, this is his week.
  • Carlos Hyde – This is a tad of a long shot but he looked quick and powerful and there should be enough touches against a bad Bears run defense to make him a flex play this week.
  • Jeremy Maclin – He led the team in targets last week and the Colts defense is below average, ride him till he gets injured.
  • Larry Fitzgerald – Palmer will make sure he gets plenty of opportunities after complaining and getting few last week.
  • Kendall Wright – Finally got a touchdown last week and start everyone you have against the Cowboys.
  • Eric Decker – He had a solid game last week and the Packers had some holes in their secondary last week and the Jets will have to throw to stay in the game.
  • Delanie Walker – He continued to productivity from the end of last year and the Cowboys gave up 2 TD’s to the tight end last week.
  • Dwayne Allen – I like him if you need an injury replacement , his targets should continue to grow and expand

Bench ‘Em

• Matt Stafford – He looked great against the Giants but now gets a real defense on the road in the Panthers.
  • Matt Ryan – Another guy who shined last week but plays much worse on the road and against a very good secondary in the Bengals.
  • Eddie Lacy – He has 2 things going against him, one coming off a concussion and if the Packers get off to a big lead they may rest him plus the Jets have a great run defense.
  • Chris Johnson – He ran pretty well but almost has a 50/50 snaps breakdown wit Ivory, I do not see him as a top 15 back this week and expect a better Packers performance at home.
  • Andre Ellington – He was able to grind it out last week but do not see him getting enough snaps/touches to make him a RB2 this week even against the Giants.
  • Ryan Mathews – He only had 12 carries last week in a true RRBC plus is going against the Seahawks.
  • Percy Harvin – Only an option in PPR, he will not score to make him a non-bye week starter in a standard league
  • Cordarrelle Patterson – Sure he had a big game but ended with 6 touches and playing a tough defense in the 49ers.
  • DeSean Jackson – The Washington passing game is too short and struggling, let it work itself out before starting him.
  • Jason Witten – Romo still looks injured and the Titans are very strong defending the tight end position, stay away this week.

I wish everyone luck this year and let’s all have a great week and let me know if you have any questions.

Fantasy Mike

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
iUJA9iMJ8Nw

View the full article

Archived