Fungus foot is good to go..

Steveg

Jets running back Shonn Greene says foot infection is fine, expects to play against Giants

Jets running back Shonn Greene said he's fine after being temporarily sidelined with an infection in his foot, causing him to miss Sunday's preseason win over Cincinnati. Aside from a brief period of swelling and minor pain Greene didn't experience any lingering side-effects.

"I'm good, I'm good to go now," he said.

When asked if he'll play on Saturday against the Giants, he said "I'm thinking so." He was out at walk throughs this morning and the team will re-evaluate him after individual drills this afternoon.

Greene said the low-grade infection, which developed between his toes, did not have anything to do with the skin, as originally thought.

"It wasn't nothing as bad as everyone made it seem," he said. "My foot swelled up a little bit and that was probably the worst part about it, the swelling."

The pain developed after the Houston game.

The possibility of Staph infection, which has ravaged locker rooms in the past, did not come into play.

"That's what everyone was worried about, the whole Staph infection but it was nothing like that," Greene said. He said that holding him out as a precaution was because "they just didn't want it to get any worse."

Coach Rex Ryan said Rob Turner will be out "several weeks" after having surgery on a broken leg suffered in the preseason opener. He added that it's not the team's plan to put him on injured reserve now, but "we'll see eventually how it goes."

The team was waiting until after his surgery to get a more accurate time table for his recovery, once the full damage was assessed. Even with Turner out for an extended period of time, Ryan said the Jets will continue on with the offensive linemen they have on their roster.

"There's a possibility we’ll be looking at other people's rosters, we always do that," Ryan said.

Ryan said he was "encouraged" by Vlad Ducasse's play Sunday night, calling it a "bounce-back game" after the preseason opener.

Here's a look at where the Jets are injury-wise and their statuses for practice:

QB Mark Brunell (calf), out

G Trevor Canfield (knee), out

TE Jeff Cumberland (hamstring), will be re-evaluated after individual drills

RB Shonn Greene (foot) will be re-evaluated after individuals

WR Derrick Mason (knee), will be limited in practice

G Branon Moore (hip) will be "full go"

WR Courtney Smith (ankle), will be monitored throughout practice

LB Nick Bellore (calf) will be re-evaluated after individuals

DE Marcus Dixon (knee) will be limited

DT Sione Pouha (knee) will be limited

LB Bart Scott (leg) will be limited

OLB Calvin Pace (groin) will be monitored throughout practice

Ryan officially announced the cuts of FB Brian Toal, LS Wilson Raynor and OL Curtis Duron.

Archived