Fantasy Football OverUnder Achievers (Week Two)

JetNation

fantasy-football.gif

Hello Fantasy Football Fans,

Here is the next installment of what will be a weekly rundown on who I think will over or under perform their weekly rankings from ESPN.   So if you have a guy who is possibly injured and not 100% take a look at the lower ranked guys I think will do well and move them into your lineup.  But if I mention a top player like Peterson it will be tough to have a guy who can even produce 50% of his output so as always take these thoughts and make the best decision.  Last week I went 3-5 in the Sit category and 6-6 in the Start, not a good start so let’s improve this week.   Let’s get to the rankings:

Overachievers

• Chad Henne (21) – Miami looks to be an all passing team, forcing Chad to put up some nice stats.
  • Ryan Fitzpatrick (18) – Orton was able to rip them up especially before Lloyd got hurt, Harvard will do the same.
  • Rex Grossman (15) – He gets to play the same pass defense that gave up the most yards to a rookie QB.
  • LaDainian Tomlinson (41) – Had a solid day and will play every 3rd down, should be able to get 80 total yards.
  • Danny Woodhead (40)-Looked to be the Pats #1 back as he had double the touches of Ellis.
  • Ryan Matthews (31)-He can do the same as Reggie Bush did the previous week and with Tolbert a bit banged up, he will step up.
  • Cadillac Williams (29)-Not so much on the ground as in the air, he is the only real option at RB.
  • Davone Bess (44)- As I mentioned with Henne , this is now a pass 1st offense, will give solid production as WR3.
  • Brandon Gibson (43)-He led the team in targets after Amendola went out last week, Bradford will get him the ball against the weak Giants secondary.
  • Devery Henderson (37) – He has always been boom or bust but with Moore and Colston out, we expect him to step up again.
  • Hakeem Nicks (29)-It looks like he is playing and with all the Rams injuries in the secondary, they have no one to slow him down even at 80%.
  • Jordy Nelson (27)-He is now WR2 for the Packers and looks like he is building on the great Super Bowl he had, how much fun is it to root for Packers WR’s?
  • Ed Dickson (20)-He caught all 5 targets and is gaining Flacco’s confidence.
  • Fred Davis (16)-Shanahan has announced they will be going with a 2TE set most of the time.
Underachievers

• Big Ben (9)-I can see the Steelers getting up big and limiting Ben’s production.
  • Joe Flacco (10)- He had a nice game but comes back to earth on the road.
  • Jamaal Charles (5)-Going on the road against the Lions DL does not bode well for Charles.
  • Maurice Jones Drew (10)-He is on a play count and going against the Jets is not a good recipe for a huge day.
  • BenJarvus Green Ellis (22)-He had 2 carries before garbage time, way too reliant on TD’s.
  • Pierre Thomas (26) – Ranked liked a Flex but played in less than 30 snaps in a shootout.
  • Willis McGahee (33)-Only had one red zone carry, looks old and slow.
  • Marshawn Lynch (34)-There is no need to go with any players from the Hawks and the leaky OL.
  • Roddy White (4) – I know you have to start him but watch Turner and the Falcons run the ball at least 35 times against the young Eagle run defense.
  • Reggie Wayne (13)-All of his yards came in garbage time, Colts go run heavy this week to try and stay in the game.
  • Dez Bryant (14)-Very banged up all last game, had no catches after the 1st quarter.
  • Brandon Lloyd (25)-Even if he plays, he will be way under 100% and with the Denver unsettled QB situation, stay away.
  • Mike Thomas (30)-Welcome to Revis Island.

That is it for this week; we will be back early next week for the weekly free agent pickups and feel free to follow me on Twitter-dvond for any fantasy questions.

Fantasy Mike

di</img>di</img>

s5uC4jizHwA

View the full article

Archived